#FireEveryone - Habs lose 2-1

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
That's definitely a wider gap than the Bruins being 1st in GA and the Habs 6th. But if someone wants to draw a line that has Rask above it, and Price below it, I'm not going to jump in and argue against it. As good as the team is in front of him, and as much as it must help his team-based stats, it's also important to point out that he has played well above replacement every. single. season. He's on a 4 year sustained upswing in that regard, no less.

In fairness, I only brought up Rask because the guy said Price made too much to let in weak goals. I was simply pointing out that Rask makes more than Price and is the master of the comical goal.

As for Rask v. Price, I'm not arguing that Price is better or as good, simply that the original argument was flawed. Although, I will state I would be curious to see what Price could do with the team Rask has in front of him. (As well as their coaching staff)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I hope Desharnais sits out the next 3-4 games with the flu and you see how bad we still suck. **** what an annoying and whiny post.

considering it was probably Eller AND Gallagher best game in a very very long time last time DD was sick, I wouldnt mind...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I hope Desharnais sits out the next 3-4 games with the flu and you see how bad we still suck. **** what an annoying and whiny post.

We would still suck not because DD is missing but because Prust or Diaz as center would get his ice time. Eller still wouldn't get PP time. The coaching staff is Pejorative Slured.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Go put this in the "Is Carey Price the best goalie in the world" thread on the main boards. I don't care about this here.

Bottom line is that haburger blaming Price for today's loss totally absolves our team's overall play. We can't score. That's why we're losing games. Price has been solid for the most part and when he's off even a little we lose. The goals for is sinking like a stone right now.
Price gave up two goals per game in regulation over weekend and only got one point for it. Team needs to score more otherwise Price would of needed two shutouts to win both games. not Price's fault at all that the team offers no support.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
bruins have 1 player in the top 30(krejci 29th).and 2 in the top 60(smith 53 rd).
We have no player in the top 30 and none in the top 60.

And they are 5th in goals for.... we are 24th.
Price gave up two goals per game over weekend and only got one point for it. Team needs to score more otherwise Price would of needed two shutouts to win both games. not Price's fault at all that the team offers no support.
Technically, he should've gotten a shutout yesterday but Subban scored on him.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Go put this in the "Is Carey Price the best goalie in the world" thread on the main boards. I don't care about this here.

Uh, yeah you do. That's why you dropped the team GF stat and the "has a better team in front of him" responses to the posts. :laugh:

Bottom line is that haburger blaming Price for today's loss totally absolves our team's overall play. We can't score. That's why we're losing games. Price has been solid for the most part and when he's off even a little we lose. The goals for is sinking like a stone right now.

I don't care what he's trying to say about today's loss. I obviously haven't shared any kind of opinion remotely resembling support for that, either. But if he wants to draw a line of "elite" between Rask and Price, good luck trying to win that one. I've simply accepted that he's good enough to be not just the least of our problems, but also one of our best overall players. So I don't necessarily care where others want to draw those lines for themselves, until I see comments that seem too far out of line one way or the other. We're on the border here, if the attempt is to downplay Rask in order to prop Price up.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Or, we could mix the lines on the PP and try to improve..

That could make the team score more goals but what about DD? Have u thought about DD? that could potentially hurt His production and we all know his production is above the team production. If there's change in the PP its Pleks line that will get skipped but MT is already doing that from time to time

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Uh, yeah you do. That's why you dropped the team GF stat and the "has a better team in front of him" responses to the posts. :laugh:

I don't care what he's trying to say about today's loss. I obviously haven't shared any kind of opinion remotely resembling support for that, either. But if he wants to draw a line of "elite" between Rask and Price, good luck trying to win that one. I've simply accepted that he's good enough to be not just the least of our problems, but also one of our best overall players. So I don't necessarily care where others want to draw those lines for themselves, until I see comments that seem too far out of line one way or the other. We're on the border here, if the attempt is to downplay Rask in order to prop Price up.
I posted it because his argument was absurd. Stupid to compare the Bruins and the Habs when one team is clearly much better.

You want to argue whether Rask is better than Price... go ahead. I don't care. That's not what I was saying.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

You can ague that both Rask and Price are elite, it's why they both are going to Olympics. Now the difference is Price at the Olympics will have a better supporting cast than Rask will. I bet Price can win more games when he has a team that can score goals.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
All for that. Have been forever.

Still Pejorative Slured that DD gets blamed more than anyone for every lose.

no more Pejorative Slured than trying to erase his bad start by claiming he has 20+ pts in 30 something games.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
All for that. Have been forever.

Still Pejorative Slured that DD gets blamed more than anyone for every lose.
I wouldn't blame him for a loss anymore than I would blame him for yesterday's. MT shouldn't be playing him the way he does. That's the problem and that's what people are really upset.

4 on 3 yesterday in OT. He shouldn't be out there on the ice. Not his fault that MT chooses to put him there but he shouldn't be there. We have better players who should be getting that ice. DD just isn't all that great a hockey player but we play him like our number one.

That's the problem.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
You can ague that both Rask and Price are elite, it's why they both are going to Olympics. Now the difference is Price at the Olympics will have a better supporting cast than Rask will. I bet Price can win more games when he has a team that can score goals.

Sure you can. Obviously. But as extreme as dude seems, it's not like he's wrong; just has unrealistically narrow margins of the meaning of "elite".

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
MT is lucky that everyone is blaming the refs. Takes the focus away to the fact that his team once again scored only 1 goal.

The PP has been abysmal for a while now and he just continues to send the same players over and over again. Something has to be done there.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
no more Pejorative Slured than trying to erase his bad start by claiming he has 20+ pts in 30 something games.

Depends. If the idea is to evaluate for the whole season, yes, he has been average as we have to take into consideration his awful start of the year.

But when the idea is to try to play the hottest guys, when the idea is to try to say that RIGHT NOW, some have more success than others, we are in our rights to bring his offensive stats. Now....if the topic becomes...but what about the future? Or....but what about his defensive deficiencies? Or....why can't Eller or Pleks don't get more icetime? Well the answers are THEN different. So, it all depends of the questions asked.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think on offence, we have a strong piece missing. A guy like let's say Nash or Bobby Ryan that can pop in 40. Pacioretty is a solid piece though, it's still not enough. Briere can do better and can be key in playoffs if he steps it up. All I care about is we make playoffs now. As for Briere, I know he doesn't receive the proper icetime though but like I said, Briere if he plays on the 3rd or fourth line, he might end up playing against weaker opposition on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad