#FireEveryone - Habs lose 2-1

Varlan

Nov 26, 2009
The one thing I don't understand is why Subban circled around for 30 seconds. He could have easily entered the zone, blown the play deliberately offside, and saved 30 seconds. Once the play is dead, the players can all join and help Gallagher out, and it saves wasting 30 seconds in the final minutes of the game when you're down by one.

Mistake on Subban's part as well.

Face-off would be in the Montreal zone. Guaranteed face-off loss pretty much.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Habs didnt play bad last 2 games despite the losses.. The transition was good, the work ethic was there, our defensive pairings clicking, we generated alot of speed and the passes were crisp and accurate, we could have won both games with a bit more luck but our lack of pure skills and finish up front is really hurting us.. Price let in 2 bad goals today, he is rarely the reason we lose but today was an exception..

Blame the coaching staff as much as you want, without Galchenyuk we are a pretty average team, with Galchenyuk I like our chances to make the playoffs better..

:laugh:

We lost to a team who was missing both their top 6 centers. One of those centers happens to be a 100 point player.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Doesn't Therrien have one of those too? That awful yellow mustard monstrosity?

veugls.jpg

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Sometimes I feel like fans are Carey Price fans 1st and Habs fans 2nd. I've never seen a player be excused at every turn for poor play. Nothing is ever Carey's fault to some "fans".

It's comical. How did this discussion even start? A bunch of emotional fanboys got upset because someone criticized Price on 2 bad goals. He let in 2 bad goals and some flew in here to criticize everyone else on the team. What a joke.

While you're praying please pray for some sense.

While others jump on Price and blame him for a loss when he gives up a bad goal, even though he is the least of the team's worries at the moment. Focus on what is important instead of wasting your time grinding an axe that doesn't need to be ground.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
While others jump on Price and blame him for a loss when he gives up a bad goal, even though he is the least of the team's worries at the moment. Focus on what is important instead of wasting your time grinding an axe that doesn't need to be ground.

OMG, he let in some softies. Move on. Every player on this team gets criticized but the minute Price does, you got a bunch of emotional fans crying murder.

You and some others are making it important. Only one guy blamed Price for the game and it was a troll. Why all the tears?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm reading the thread about the Gallagher non call on the main boards and boy am I getting a headache from it. The same people who have Kadri,Marchand are calling Gallagher a pest,gutless,puke etc..

NewHabsEra*

:laugh:

We lost to a team who was missing both their top 6 centers. One of those centers happens to be a 100 point player.

with a 100% healthy stamkos and Filppula in the line-up, with Hedman that keeps improving that way, the Bolts are the last team I would want to face in the playoffs.. they have alot of good young players that won the Calder cup with Cooper in the AHL.. They have a young Kucherov playing extremmely well, thats why they are still dangerous even without 2 very important players.. Cooper dont have useless players like Bourque and Briere to deal with..

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
I'm reading the thread about the Gallagher non call on the main boards and boy am I getting a headache from it. The same people who have Kadri,Marchand are calling Gallagher a pest,gutless,puke etc..
Dont go there man especially if you have "habs" in your name

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
OMG, he let in some softies. Move on. Every player on this team gets criticized but the minute Price does, you got a bunch of emotional fans crying murder.

You and some others are making it important. Only one guy blamed Price for the game and it was a troll. Why all the tears?

Don't think you are comprehending what I was writing. I agree he has let in some bad goals but I said he is the least of worries. How is that making it important... it is making the Price situation unimportant. Criticize all you want, I don't care.

But I still don't get why you are losing sleep over guys who defend Price. It really seems to be bothering you.

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
Okay, two things.

One: Yes, Price let in a couple of weak goals today.

Two: For those who are dumping on him for that, you realize what you're actually saying is, "If only Price had gotten a shutout, the Habs would have won," right?

Seriously. Think about that. You're saying if the goalie fails to get a shutout, the team will lose. What the hell kind of winning formula is THAT?

I'm not a Price fanboy, not like I was a Roy fanboy or even a Theo fanboy when he was crazily beating the Bs in the playoffs. But Price has been playing a solid season and shouldn't have to get a shutout to win a damn game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't blame him for a loss anymore than I would blame him for yesterday's. MT shouldn't be playing him the way he does. That's the problem and that's what people are really upset.

4 on 3 yesterday in OT. He shouldn't be out there on the ice. Not his fault that MT chooses to put him there but he shouldn't be there. We have better players who should be getting that ice. DD just isn't all that great a hockey player but we play him like our number one.

That's the problem.
I have no issue with people having a problem with the way Therrien coaches.

I do think that Desharnais is a good hockey player. Great? Nope. Bad? Nope. Good. He's a solid scorer, has great vision, has improved defensively, and works his ass off. He's usually the first one in trying to pull people off Gallagher (even though he's a wuss and usually can't, lol).

The reason I stick up for him so much is the ridiculous AHL comments (he's not an AHL caliber player, let's be real) or when posters laugh when he scores or produces. He's part of the team, he's a good player who is playing decent hockey right now.

It's not his fault that Therrien's a moron.

no more Pejorative Slured than trying to erase his bad start by claiming he has 20+ pts in 30 something games.
No one is trying to erase his bad start? I wanted him benched at the start of the year. But he came backed, produced, and we we're winning. He's doing his job.

People who blame him solely for losses or say he's an AHL caliber player are out to lunch. He's better than that.

Now if you want to say Therrien's usage of his players are the reason we lost? I agree. I 100% agree.

It's not just Desharnais, it's Bouillon and Murray. Diaz ****ing benched. Rookies getting benched for one mistake. Gionta getting 800 minutes of ice-time. Bourque (who has played well the last 3 games) getting chance after chance, yet Briere getting 3-4 minutes a game.

Therrien is an awful coach - still doesn't make Desharnais useless, horrible, or the reason we lose.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
lol you guys.......boston win, you guys were so happy saying we are such a good team, and now one loss, in a game where we didnt even play that badly, everyone turns and wants everyone fired.

we were not as good as our record showed last year, and neither were we at the start of the season. we are borderline playoff team, have been for past 2 years...dont understand people who want us to make the playoffs, been wanting us to tank for the past 2 years....last year was the year to do it too...could have had jones on defence plus a higher second round pick for only 48 games of pain.....

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
lol you guys.......boston win, you guys were so happy saying we are such a good team, and now one loss, in a game where we didnt even play that badly, everyone turns and wants everyone fired.

we were not as good as our record showed last year, and neither were we at the start of the season. we are borderline playoff team, have been for past 2 years...dont understand people who want us to make the playoffs, been wanting us to tank for the past 2 years....last year was the year to do it too...could have had jones on defence plus a higher second round pick for only 48 games of pain.....

That's not what I remember reading.. I remember reading the majority saying it was a much needed win and that's all it was. Any Habs fan who knows anything about hockey at all knows this Habs team isn't very good.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
no more Pejorative Slured than trying to erase his bad start by claiming he has 20+ pts in 30 something games.

yeah, you're right. He sucked coming off the blocks and has played inspired hockey since. Still he sucked early. Therefore he still sucks. Infallible logic, really.

I wouldn't say Pejorative Slured because that's mean. Demented would be more appropriate….

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

We could be a lot better than we are if MB had improved the team this summer, or if we had better coaching.

But as it is right now, we're about where we ought to be.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Habs have a good goalie and the rest is a middle of the pack regular season team.
No presence in front of the net.We will get demolished if we make playoffs. Def. need a couple more goal scorers and some bulk to get in the other goalies face. The way they slapped Gallagher around at the end today is typical of what you see in playoffs. From a Habs fan, no sympathy from me.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Don't think you are comprehending what I was writing. I agree he has let in some bad goals but I said he is the least of worries. How is that making it important... it is making the Price situation unimportant. Criticize all you want, I don't care.

But I still don't get why you are losing sleep over guys who defend Price. It really seems to be bothering you.

Did anyone say he wasn't the least of our worries? Did anyone say Price was a big problem? Not a soul. :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's better than the alternative.

Go deliberately off-side to kill the play, and win a face-off in the defensive zone and break out with 37 seconds left..

Versus:

Circle around center ice for the last thirty seconds of the game and lose the game.

???

Or they win the face off and score....and you lose the game

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sometimes I feel like fans are Carey Price fans 1st and Habs fans 2nd. I've never seen a player be excused at every turn for poor play. Nothing is ever Carey's fault to some "fans".

It's comical. How did this discussion even start? A bunch of emotional fanboys got upset because someone criticized Price on 2 bad goals. He let in 2 bad goals and some flew in here to criticize everyone else on the team. What a joke.

You totally missed the point... again.

The reason why folks were upset about the slagging of Price is not to defend his play tonight (he DID let in two bad goals) it's that folks who point to him are using him as an excuse for the rest of the team.

Haburger's IDIOTIC assertion that the Bruins are where they are in the standings because of Rask and the Habs are where they are because of Price (as though the two teams are equal) is absolutely Pejorative Slured. By blaming the goalie (a goalie who's been solid this season) and arguing that HE's the reason why we're losing games is ****ing stupid. If anything we'd be outside the playoffs altogether without him - and I think most (including you) would agree with this.

Get over this whole Price thing man... Whenever somebody defends him on something you have to jump in with one of your stupid comments and it's become very tiresome. Look at the context of the conversation before jumping in.

Nobody is saying Price didn't screw up today. He did. Twice. That's not what folks were jumping on Haburger about. It wasn't about a Price being better than Rask debate either. The fact is that our team is playing like crap and right now the last thing that we should be worried about is our goaltending right now.

Bottom line is that our team is playing like crap. Singling out Price is excusing our crappy play and that's something that a lot of us have a problem with. It's not so much about defending Price as it is about putting the blame where it belongs.

Personally, I'd put the blame with Therrien and Bergevin but that's just me.

Exactly. Price ****ed up today... but he'd have needed a shutout to win. Our team sucks. We can argue why (I'd say it's the coach) but goaltending is way down the list.
Okay, two things.

One: Yes, Price let in a couple of weak goals today.

Two: For those who are dumping on him for that, you realize what you're actually saying is, "If only Price had gotten a shutout, the Habs would have won," right?

Seriously. Think about that. You're saying if the goalie fails to get a shutout, the team will lose. What the hell kind of winning formula is THAT?

I'm not a Price fanboy, not like I was a Roy fanboy or even a Theo fanboy when he was crazily beating the Bs in the playoffs. But Price has been playing a solid season and shouldn't have to get a shutout to win a damn game.
But he does. That's how it is lately because our team can't score. And it's just ****ing annoying to watch. Esp knowing that we can do better.
I have no issue with people having a problem with the way Therrien coaches.

I do think that Desharnais is a good hockey player. Great? Nope. Bad? Nope. Good. He's a solid scorer, has great vision, has improved defensively, and works his ass off. He's usually the first one in trying to pull people off Gallagher (even though he's a wuss and usually can't, lol).

The reason I stick up for him so much is the ridiculous AHL comments (he's not an AHL caliber player, let's be real) or when posters laugh when he scores or produces. He's part of the team, he's a good player who is playing decent hockey right now.

It's not his fault that Therrien's a moron.
I think he actually is a borderline AHL player. I don't think he can be effectively used as anything but an exploitive center and in using him that way, we wind up not putting out our best players in scoring situations. And we're not an offensive powerhouse either. Where would he fit in on a high powered offensive team? I see him as a Kyle Wellwood type guy. Yes, he's got some skills but I don't see him as a "solid scorer" the way you do. He's not doing the heavy lifting at all - Max is. Yeah, DD makes the occassional brilliant pass. He's good in the shootout too. But that's not enough in my books to make him an effective player.

And there's no way he should be getting the ice and linemates he does. Esp with Eller wallowing where he is. And yes, I think this has a lot to do with our troubles. Is that his fault? I'd put the blame at MT's and MB's feet 'cause they're the ones who built the team this way and are running it this way. I don't understand it, but it's very clear that it's not working for us.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

Maybe I should pray that you eventually **** for once. How about the god damn team actually ****ing scores on the PP. Subban gets bashed yet he's the only ****ing ******* on this team trying to win every game (Gallagher included), yet you have midget ****s on this team that do **** N ALL, 27 pts playing 18+ mins a game with 3+ mins of PP time does NOT make you a good player and very far from it.

I hope to got Price ***** the bed for the rest of the season only so he can leave this hell while of a city/organization. The kid has to stand on his head every ****ing game but it doesn't matter because his play off performance sucks. Well guess what genius, tell me what kind of team has Price had infront of him since he became a starter.

Tell me what ****ing team does he have infront of him? So if we go into the playoffs and he lets in 2 bad goals over and over yet the team can't score I guess it's his fault.

The problem is, guys like you have absolutely 0 clue how to judge a players talent. You base your pathetic arguments off stats and completely void the actual game (what happens on the ****ing ice). Like Eller needs to pick up his game, 0 pts in 14 and a -10, yes because Eller and Eller alone has been on the ice SOLO for all 10 goals against. Yes Eller needs to player better with 4th liners. Yet a midget ****ing ******* that doesn't belong in this league AT ALL, deserves 21 mins + 5:31 of PP time only for the team to go 0-6 on it.

Welcome to my ****ing ignore list because I can't take the stupidity that comes out of your god damn keyboard anymore.

Also let me guess Price wins gold and "it was all the D."

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
This team is just good, not great, good but with a mediocre coach. Which makes them an average team.

There is enough talent to make this team good. However they are playing the wrong system, they cater to certain players over the good of the team. They are just a poorly run team. Head coach and PP coach have shown zero willingness to make adjustments.

Apr 28, 2010
Nothing against Price, but why the **** did he play again today? It's back-to-back and it's against an average western team? It should've been Budaj and MT should've given Price the rest day.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Nothing against Price, but why the **** did he play again today? It's back-to-back and it's against an average western team? It should've been Budaj and MT should've given Price the rest day.

Should have been Price against Bruins and Budaj against jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad