#FireEveryone - Habs lose 2-1

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And there's no way he should be getting the ice and linemates he does. Esp with Eller wallowing where he is. And yes, I think this has a lot to do with our troubles. Is that his fault? I'd put the blame at MT's and MB's feet 'cause they're the ones who built the team this way and are running it this way. I don't understand it, but it's very clear that it's not working for us.
AHL Player. lol. Ah okay. Eller. I get it. We're done with this conversation. I've seen that debate enough.

HABS win CUPS*

69qy.png

I heard this team was dead

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
REFFING is never gonna change, the Canadiens need to address their complete lack of scoring. On top of it all, Toronto playing their best hockey of the year. depression

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
AHL Player. lol. Ah okay. Eller. I get it. We're done with this conversation. I've seen that debate enough.
I have no problem if you don't want to debate it. Reasonable people can disagree. But yeah, I think he's a borderline NHLer. He's just too one dimensional and most teams wouldn't make room for him.

If we didn't have alternatives, I'd be fine with us using him the way we do. But we have better alternatives.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Plekanec has speed. Eller and Bourque are good skaters. Subban, Beaulieu. We have plenty of guys that have speed.

Anyway we can't box anybody out.

Montreal has some speed, problem is they aren't actually faster then the bigger teams. In fact, many of the teams are bigger and faster then mtl.

It's a complete myth that Mtl is a small speedy team. They are just a small team. They are no faster or better skaters then any other team.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The general board is an overall embarrassment to how we have progressed as cognitive beings. Imagine if Plato and Aristotle come back to life and read the nonsense people type as attempted coherent thoughts, they would probably just kill themselves.

It's a shame really. That being said, it is giggles sometimes :laugh::laugh:

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
New game strategy, next time Habs have a lead and the opposing team has a trapped player in our zone during and offside just have Murray sit on him until end of game. They can't score nor enter the zone. If three players can interfere with Gallagher then Murray should be allowed to use that 250lb frame as a holding cell.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The general board is an overall embarrassment to how we have progressed as cognitive beings. Imagine if Plato and Aristotle come back to life and read the nonsense people type as attempted coherent thoughts, they would probably just kill themselves.

Pass the hemlock.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Pass the hemlock.

Isn't that the truth. Sometimes you just wonder what society is going to be like in 50 years when everyone has the attention span of a sparrow and the temper of a wrestler in a roid rage.

If you've ever seen the movie 'idiocracy' I imagine it's not far off.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Isn't that the truth. Sometimes you just wonder what society is going to be like in 50 years when everyone has the attention span of a sparrow and the temper of a wrestler in a roid rage.

If you've ever seen the movie 'idiocracy' I imagine it's not far off.
Idiocracy is above the intelligence of the main HF board;)

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I request whoever is capable to make a gif of the sequence of abuse Gallagher endured by 2 players and a goalie while the refs watched at the end of the game. Please and thank you.

That was disgusting.

Refs should be reprimanded... Yeah right.

Eller and Bourque have GOT to start scoring. :help:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Plato and Aristotle were two individuals out of many, and in a culture that had some sort of academia, but at same time believe some nutty things never was going to break out of some of their not-so-rational beliefs. Their mode of thought also prevented them from ever discovering calculus.

Genetics is not about "progress" but rather suitability towards the environment. In fact, a little stupidty keeps the human race afloat because intelligence combined with no moral inhibitions can be an extremely dangerous combination. What we see in modern society is nothing more than a matter of us making superior tools to our recent ancestors, which is not only the result of a keen mind, but a suitable environment.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Plato and Aristotle were two individuals out of many, and in a culture that had some sort of academia, but at same time believe some nutty things never was going to break out of some of their not-so-rational beliefs. Their mode of thought also prevented them from ever discovering calculus.

Genetics is not about "progress" but rather suitability towards the environment. In fact, a little stupidty keeps the human race afloat because intelligence combined with no moral inhibitions can be an extremely dangerous combination. What we see in modern society is nothing more than a matter of us making superior tools to our recent ancestors, which is not only the result of a keen mind, but a suitable environment.

I think the more troubling thing is that these stupid people are the ones running the government, especially in the US. Just think about this for a second, the Republican party still believe that global warming is a myth and that the best way to solve gun crimes is more guns.

I get that society needs a sort of evening out of the minds, but we need creative people in power willing to make changes and not just those appealing to the uneducated masses with the loudest voices.

But anyways, we digress. FIRE THERRIEN!

ps. I'm far from a philosophy major, I just mentioned those two individuals because of the way they saw society developing and hopes they had.

OnlytheCH

HockeyTimes
Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Thank god this team have DD. Imagine a top 2 center of plekanec and Eller? Horrible. When DD is your best center, you are a mediocre team.

Could not agree more, unfortunately a handful of people think Pleks is a 1st line superstar. We can weather the storm with DD but we need a major upgrade.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I think the more troubling thing is that these stupid people are the ones running the government, especially in the US. Just think about this for a second, the Republican party still believe that global warming is a myth and that the best way to solve gun crimes is more guns.

I get that society needs a sort of evening out of the minds, but we need creative people in power willing to make changes and not just those appealing to the uneducated masses with the loudest voices.

But anyways, we digress. FIRE THERRIEN!

ps. I'm far from a philosophy major, I just mentioned those two individuals because of the way they saw society developing and hopes they had.
You were the guy getting trolled in that thread on the main board eh?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Could not agree more, unfortunately a handful of people think Pleks is a 1st line superstar. We can weather the storm with DD but we need a major upgrade.

last time we did, we picked 3rd overall... dont think it really qualify as "weathering a storm" you know.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
REFFING is never gonna change, the Canadiens need to address their complete lack of scoring. On top of it all, Toronto playing their best hockey of the year. depression
Last night was a case where the journalist should have chased after the referees.
The players may be punished by the league but the journalist should do their job.
These guys can only sit in the plane, talk to the players after the game and go on talk shows.
It is time that some of these journalist show some ethics and ask the real question.
Did we ever saw journalist chase after referees after the game when they are doing a bad job????

Of course, you can always be like Francois Gagnon and say that Gallagher deserved to be injured by everyone in the league:shakehead
I never heard Gagnon complain about referees...
I guess I was really upset by him pretending that the referees did a good job with Gallagher.
I must not talk against a journalist more than once (or less) a year.
But today, he did put his foot in his mouth saying that referees did a good job with Gallagher.

Saintpatrick*

Gagon is a **** journalist and barely qualifies to be referred as such. Maybe if it was Briere or DD he would have had the balls to call out the reffs but I doubt it. He's a pot stirring ****** nothing more.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I'm not even mad. Just want them to lose more so we could unload some dead weight at the trade deadline instead of carrying them over for a small playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->