Fire Tocchet #2

Should Tocchet be fired?

• Total voters

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
They may take exception to someone like Hayton being inexplicably benched when Caggiula is out there turning over pucks in the dzone. Probably the dumbest ingame adjustment made this year so far.
Don’t agree with it, but guessing the mindset is that Cagg’s was getting opportunities and eventually he’d capitalize on one.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They aren't going to fire Tocchet early in a season which they stressed development and haven't had a preseason.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Pray that they "promote" him this off-season instead. Much more likely.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm very public with my "Please fire this assclown"-stance. I'm just telling you, you're living in a fantasy world if you think an early losing streak will get them to fire him. The fact they brought in brand new assistants, some of whom were familiar with the team in the A (Varady) is extremely encouraging. I just don't think it is going to go down like that. They'd have already fired him when BA came on if Tocc was on that short a leash.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm very public with my "Please fire this assclown"-stance. I'm just telling you, you're living in a fantasy world if you think an early losing streak will get them to fire him. The fact they brought in brand new assistants, some of whom were familiar with the team in the A (Varady) is extremely encouraging. I just don't think it is going to go down like that. They'd have already fired him when BA came on if Tocc was on that short a leash.

Alternate scenario: Ownership is high on RT. Ergo, even if BA wasn't when hired he would have a hard time convincing management otherwise. An early season losing streak may give BA the ammunition to make the case for change.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The fact they didn't let him fill his staff until late tells you he's on a leash with BA. They just aren't going to fire him based on a losing streak. They'll keep him through the season unless he ignores the direction coming from top-to-bottom.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I’m interested to see what happens with the D next game. Gross earned another look and that likely means Soderstrom sits again. But this absolutely cannot turn into Soderstrom sitting out for weeks on end.

I know the AHL season is approaching but who knows their plan with him. Soderstrom cannot do what Hayton did last year.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
We're going to have to draft it, man. And for that, we need picks, and they need to be in the first half of rounds.

Hence why we traded for Hall. I don't think that the GM thought we were SC contenders, but the likelihood of where we were trending meant giving up a minimum of 1 1st round pick in the back half of the 1st round. Likely two if we re-sign. Hall = talent. Picks after 15 have talent, but likely a much longer way to get there.

The fact that we have picks drafted in spots that should indicate talent tells me our coaches haven't done enough at the NHL level to bring them along, especially when some later gems like Jenik, Farinacci, Bergkvist have developed.

Tocchet should just retire to Vegas. I actually think he has more gambling wins than NHL wins, so stick with what you know :dunno::sarcasm:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I’d be shocked if Tocchet remains with the org. I think it’ll just be a clean firing. Or even “contract wasn’t renewed”. Besides, I think he wants to coach.

Reactions: lanky

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m interested to see what happens with the D next game. Gross earned another look and that likely means Soderstrom sits again. But this absolutely cannot turn into Soderstrom sitting out for weeks on end.

I know the AHL season is approaching but who knows their plan with him. Soderstrom cannot do what Hayton did last year.
Bush is back, and I expect OEL back shortly so it's anyone's guess what happens but I expect Gross and Soderstrom will be in the A until they make room hopefully sooner than later.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I’d be shocked if Tocchet remains with the org. I think it’ll just be a clean firing. Or even “contract wasn’t renewed”. Besides, I think he wants to coach.

Let me correct that a bit: Besides, I think he wants to coach? :) Just saying, I haven't seen much out of him to show he wants to motivate the team to increase scoring. It's kind of like he's saying "Trust the system; it works...it really really really works, trust me..."

cobra427

May 6, 2012
So we have almost 4 years to judge RT. Not many players have really improved or stood out other than Kuemper and Garland. While many players have regressed, it seems like he hasn't gotten the most out of the team or over achieved in any one season as a group. Our great goal tending might have masked some flaws along the way.

I always thought Tip got blood out of a stone in many ways. I feel like RT has had better rosters but less performance in general. I am sure BA is evaluating him and his assistants that might take over at some point. Unless we are way out of a playoff spot in the next 20 games, I think the coaching change will be after the season.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Bush is back, and I expect OEL back shortly so it's anyone's guess what happens but I expect Gross and Soderstrom will be in the A until they make room hopefully sooner than later.
yup, then when Demers and Goose are moved at the TDL it'll give both NHL ice time the final 3rd of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad