Proposal: Fire Pierre Dorion... Unless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Should have been fired 3 years ago when the Duchene trade blew up in his face and he failed to re-sign Stone.

That being said if hes fired it means we probably get Pierre Mcguire as our GM for foreseeable future which isn't really a step up.
Amen brother. Absofnlutely should have been. As soon as Pierre approached him with the grand plan. Great idea Pierre. You won't be the guy to do it though.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Its just frustrating. The guy has a press conference and flat out says the team needs a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman. THe next move he makes is a bottom 6 guy, who costs exactly as much as they are unwilling to give a fan favorite winger.

THe question is, how is he going to spin this? Is he going to claim that Hamonic is the top 4 defenseman the team needs, or Hamonic just insualtion for the true top 4 defenseman, Sanderson?

Maybe Dorion has more moves up his sleeve, I don't know. But I think he's made enough mistakes that he doesn't get a lot of rope with the fanbase anymore.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its just frustrating. The guy has a press conference and flat out says the team needs a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman. THe next move he makes is a bottom 6 guy, who costs exactly as much as they are unwilling to give a fan favorite winger.

THe question is, how is he going to spin this? Is he going to claim that Hamonic is the top 4 defenseman the team needs, or Hamonic just insualtion for the true top 4 defenseman, Sanderson?

Maybe Dorion has more moves up his sleeve, I don't know. But I think he's made enough mistakes that he doesn't get a lot of rope with the fanbase anymore.
He'll lay it on Capuano. Hamonic was playing 22+ minutes a game for the Islanders.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Dzingel- Brassard- Duclair
Galchenyuk- Stepan- Gaborik
Sanford- Anisimov- Dadonov
Wingels- Paquette- Haley

Mete- Holden
Gudbranson- DeMelo
Coburn- J. Brown

Condon

Namestnikov- Duchene- Boedker
Ennis- Pyatt- Gaudette
Stalberg- Thompson- Burrows
Gibbons- Lindberg - Paajarvi

Del Zotto- Zub
Reilly- Zaitsev
Hainsey- Oduya

Murray

You can literally create two of the crappiest teams ever built with just the terrible to average acquisitions Dorion has made in his time as G.M.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Wingels- Paquette- Haley

Mete- Holden
Gudbranson- DeMelo
Coburn- J. Brown

Condon

Ennis- Pyatt- Gaudette

Del Zotto- Zub
Reilly- Zaitsev
Hainsey- Oduya

Murray

You can literally create two of the crappiest teams ever built with just the terrible to average acquisitions Dorion has made in his time as G.M.
Who is Gibbons?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

uhhh … maybe this isn’t the final move he’s making before the 2022-23 season starts ?

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
uhhh … maybe this isn’t the final move he’s making before the 2022-23 season starts ?

uuuhhhhh . . . Obviously he has time to make more moves. Like I said, its just frustrating and its hard to have faith when he makes the same kind of addition that he has failed at multiple times in the past.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Should be clear to everyone by now that only way we get in the playoffs is threw drafting not Dorion trades. I think we would be better off if he stops making trades actually.

If its all part of some master plan he has to remake the blueline entirely . . . awesome! He knows he's either gunna trade or buy out or bury Brown, Zaitsev and Mete. Needed a vet to round out the bottom pair and duke it out with Branstrom, Holden, Thomson and JBD while he trades for or signs a legit top 4 guy to play with Sanderson on the second pair.

I dunno, just hard to believe he is capable or willing to do it.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Um Mr. Brian Gibbons who had 14 points in 20 games with Ottawa back in 2019....how could you ever forget that memorable stretch of hockey?
Ah, okay I do sort of remember that. Little guy, right? Sort of a poor mans Martin St Louis? Maybe we’ll bring him back some day as head coach.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Wingels- Paquette- Haley

Mete- Holden
Gudbranson- DeMelo
Coburn- J. Brown

Condon

Ennis- Pyatt- Gaudette

Del Zotto- Zub
Reilly- Zaitsev
Hainsey- Oduya

Murray

Start a 3rd team with DiDomenico as our #1 C

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
uuuhhhhh . . . Obviously he has time to make more moves. Like I said, its just frustrating and its hard to have faith when he makes the same kind of addition that he has failed at multiple times in the past.

Who cares … he secured a depth RD with size … everyone is acting like the sky is falling … in reality it’s just another national “I’m smarter then the GM day” around here.

The only thing I’m excited about is … based on who hates this acquisition there is a good chance it works out fine … see EK, Pinto, Klevin , Greig threads for examples.

• Haha
Reactions: branch

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Wingels- Paquette- Haley

Mete- Holden
Gudbranson- DeMelo
Coburn- J. Brown

Condon

Ennis- Pyatt- Gaudette

Del Zotto- Zub
Reilly- Zaitsev
Hainsey- Oduya

Murray

This is obscene. Man alive - it looks really bad listed out like this.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Who cares … he secured a depth RD with size … everyone is acting like the sky is falling … in reality it’s just another national “I’m smarter then the GM day” around here.

The only thing I’m excited about is … based on who hates this acquisition there is a good chance it works out fine … see EK, Pinto, Klevin , Greig threads for examples.
I hope it works out too. BUt I also hope Dorion does what he needs to do and brings in a legit top 4 guy to play with Sanderson, and gets rid of Brown and Zaitsev.

Then fighting it out for the bottom pair is Branstrom, Holden, Hamonic, JBD and Thomson. Ends up being a big ass log jam out there. SO I really don't see how this move makes sense, unless he isn't planning on bringing in another legit top 4 defenseman. ANd I don't understand the timing of it all either. This is the worst possible time to trade for a player.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
If this was the old days Dorion would be selling players so fast it would make Pocklimgton's head spin

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I hope it works out too. BUt I also hope Dorion does what he needs to do and brings in a legit top 4 guy to play with Sanderson, and gets rid of Brown and Zaitsev.

Then fighting it out for the bottom pair is Branstrom, Holden, Hamonic, JBD and Thomson. Ends up being a big ass log jam out there. SO I really don't see how this move makes sense, unless he isn't planning on bringing in another legit top 4 defenseman. ANd I don't understand the timing of it all either. This is the worst possible time to trade for a player.

I assume it’s because 1-2 DMAN are moving out, Chabot is gone, and the Sens want to keep Lassi down.

There is nothing wrong if Holden is our 7 D next year. He’s perfect for that role.

JBD isn’t a factor for early 2022-23.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I assume it’s because 1-2 DMAN are moving out, Chabot is gone, and the Sens want to keep Lassi down.

There is nothing wrong if Holden is our 7 D next year. He’s perfect for that role.

JBD isn’t a factor for early 2022-23.

Yeah maybe.

I guess to me... it just feels like this is is his move to address the blue line. And if this is all he does.... damn dude.

Reactions: Sweatred

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Lol

I love the argument "Hey guys you will be wrong just like you were wrong about all these trades". Lists all drafted players except one.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I find it funny that so many people get their shorts in a knot about this trade. What in the last half dozen years or so has given anyone optimism that the Sens are going to pull off some jaw dropping astute hockey trade??? Until upper management and ownership change the status quo of below average will remain. I truly believe a certain bunch of you are masochists and love to get excited by continual disappointments. I'm just resigned to the fact the Senators aren't going to be a consistently good team for a long time. And then moves like this really don't matter.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Honest question - do we have a pro scouting staff or does Dorion just quiz his coaching staff and gets who they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad