Proposal: Fire Pierre Dorion... Unless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don’t see how anything besides MDZ and Zaitsev getting shipped out would make this move even remotely decent.

Tierney is off the books either way, maybe he gets traded for something. Josh Brown could be gone, if Del Zotto is traded, his $2 million + which is currently sitting in Belleville can be used here in Ottawa. Sanford is gone, Ennis gone, and Zaitsev gone would be a miracle but that shedding that contract itself will make much needed room on the blueline for real help.

A 3rd round pick is still too high, but asset management aside, the money when all is said and done will not be an issue.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I don’t see how anything besides MDZ and Zaitsev getting shipped out would make this move even remotely decent.

If Dorion can get rid of two of brown, MDZ and Zaitsev without losing more picks or taking back bad contracts . . . that would be the only reasonable explanation for why he would spend a third to bring in another terribly mediocre defenseman.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Tierney is off the books either way, maybe he gets traded for something. Josh Brown could be gone, if Del Zotto is traded, his $2 million + which is currently sitting in Belleville can be used here in Ottawa. Sanford is gone, Ennis gone, and Zaitsev gone would be a miracle but that shedding that contract itself will make much needed room on the blueline for real help.

A 3rd round pick is still too high, but asset management aside, the money when all is said and done will not be an issue.

Sorry, it doesn’t matter what happens to Brown, Tierney, or Sanford. You cannot be a budget team and have 10 mil locked up in bottom pairing d-men.

Reactions: bert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Sorry, it doesn’t matter what happens to Brown, Tierney, or Sanford. You cannot be a budget team and have 10 mil locked up in bottom pairing d-men. There is nothing Dorion can do to redeem himself from that.

I agree but this is not set in stone yet? My point is the events of today are not indicative of the team we ice next season...it might be, but alot can change between now and next season and I simply believe Dorion has had enough of Zaitsev and Josh Brown.

And I can say that with confidence because Dorion has never been shy about admitting his bad trades by either getting rid of players he just brought in, (Stepan, Gudbranson, Dadonov) or burying them in the minors of need be (Murray and Del Zotto).

If he was able to get rid of Zaitsev or Brown it would have probably been done by now.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
how has he done since he inherited that team? He gets some credit as AMG, but he wasnt the architect of that team.

im not defending Dorian . I know he is an awful GM. I’m just saying he hasn’t missed the playoffs every single season .

And I agree he should be fired

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I don't even know what to say anymore....Dorion just keeps making brutal trades.. GMs from other teams look at their cellphones and probably grin ear to ear when he calls

Reactions: MiscBrah and asd1

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Dorion will have a job for as long as Melnyk owns this team. He's the perfect spineless yes-man that's found himself in way over his head and will do anything for Melnyk to keep what is undoubtedly his one-and-done stint as an NHL GM.

He won't be fired and I'm willing to put money on it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
LMAOOOO

man what a move. Also helping toronto get Gio

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So if Dorion gets fired, he’ll be replaced with another cheap, inexperienced guy and nothing will improve.

The Sens can’t afford a quality GM.

Reactions: otown

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
1647810362088.png

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ottawa was 5 wins away from winning the Stanley Cup his 1st season when Chris Kunitz scored the game 7 winner in double OT in 2017 .

Team was inherited from Murray. Dorion did his famous Zibanejad for Brassard trade .. we see how that has turned out and added a few TDL depth pieces.
Karlsson was on another planet.

Then ... Dorion's work really started and here we are today.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So if Dorion gets fired, he’ll be replaced with another cheap, inexperienced guy and nothing will improve.

The Sens can’t afford a quality GM.
At this point it doesn’t matter. Nobody’s asking for a quality GM. They’ll be happy with a GM not named Pierre.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA