Proposal: Fire Geoff Ward and Brad Treliving Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Man I kinda have a soft spot for Ward, not that I think we should keep him at all, but I feel a lot of the vitriol thrown his way...is a bit much. The guy didn't ask for the job, he was supposed to be given the reigns till we found a real coach and for some f***ing reason Treliving thought he was worth a gamble. I feel like he's doing the best he can but he's just in over his head. I really wouldn't mind him as an assistant coach full time, I think he was willing to step back down even when asked about it last year.

It's not like Gulutzan, I really hated Gully. Dude was way out of his depth, but something about him annoyed me a lot more.
I think Gulutzan was behind the 8 ball from day 1. I'm not sure there was ever a time where he had this team's respect.

On the other hand, Ward was seemingly beloved by the entire team last year and after he had his mini training camp, this team played some of their best hockey, in the post-season. We were undone by some of his rookie mistakes but there were reasons to be optimistic with him moving forward. Then, something went very, very wrong this season.

10 years from now there'll be some juicy tell-all interviews as to why they want to get this guy fired because there's no other explanation for why they're getting thrashed like this by mediocre to poor teams

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Imagine being a billionaire and threatening to move your team if tax payers don't help pay for a new stadium but then refusing to spend a few million to get a real coach to ice an actual nhl product.

especially when each playoff game can create at least 4 million revenue in Canada (200 bucks a seat x 20000 seats) plus concession, parking, merch

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
especially when each playoff game can create at least 4 million revenue in Canada (200 bucks a seat x 20000 seats) plus concession, parking, merch

Knowing a few of the suite guys in town here.
You'd be shocked at how much these guys make during playoff games just off the few dozen of those they have.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
It’s never gonna happen.

They’re pinning this on the core even though they have zero for a supporting cast and their moron coach didn’t use the lines that in his own words “he knew worked” because he wanted to play around with shit

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It’s never gonna happen.

They’re pinning this on the core even though they have zero for a supporting cast and their moron coach didn’t use the lines that in his own words “he knew worked” because he wanted to play around with shit

I pin it on everyone

Maybe Markstrom but that’s it

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
How many years now has it been Gaudreau, Monohan, Tkachuk and Lindholm as the only forward depth up front? The drop off after those four has been sharp for a long time.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How many years now has it been Gaudreau, Monohan, Tkachuk and Lindholm as the only forward depth up front? The drop off after those four has been sharp for a long time.
Treliving has been busy building the defense

can’t you see how good it is?

Reactions: cheechoo

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I think we’re getting close to jerseys thrown on the ice if there were fans in buildings. Legit. Not even joking

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Ward has to be gone after these games. Treliving will maybe be gone in the offseason but I am more hesitant on that one because I don’t trust ownership is able to hire a competent replacement. Treliving hasn’t been great but he’s nowhere near Jay Feaster bad. I still have PTSD from those days. Honestly I prefer him over Sutter as well. So it scares me to think about who his replacement could be if he is indeed showed the door this offseason but Ward has to go 1000%

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Ward has to be gone after these games. Treliving will maybe be gone in the offseason but I am more hesitant on that one because I don’t trust ownership is able to hire a competent replacement. Treliving hasn’t been great but he’s nowhere near Jay Feaster bad. I still have PTSD from those days. Honestly I prefer him over Sutter as well. So it scares me to think about who his replacement could be if he is indeed showed the door this offseason but Ward has to go 1000%

Dean Lombardi, Jim Rutherford (idk he might be senile now), there's good options available if we decide to go that route.

Also Lucic is absolutely going off on the post game interview on the fan 960, he's not good but he at least gives a f***.

Reactions: DFF

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Dean Lombardi, Jim Rutherford (idk he might be senile now), there's good options available if we decide to go that route.

Also Lucic is absolutely going off on the post game interview on the fan 960, he's not good but he at least gives a f***.

I personally want Gillis.

Trev wanted to build defense out and this is the defense?

Reactions: Iggys Dome

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Imagine being a billionaire and threatening to move your team if tax payers don't help pay for a new stadium but then refusing to spend a few million to get a real coach to ice an actual nhl product.
That's how these disgusting people stay billionaires.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If I'm billionaire Murray Edwards, I get my contacts at Bell, Rogers, Telus and kill Treliving's cell

Reactions: super6646

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Time to move on guys, it’s not working.
For a team this talented on paper, it’s not f***ing working, core needs a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad