Fire Colliton

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
But these guys need at least 10 camps to figure it out. Systems are hard they’ve only been doing it their whole lives. They just don’t get it!!! Garbage is garbage and this trash ass coach can’t adjust to this roster if it hit him in the face. This is why the old boys club is a thing. Because foreign coaches that don’t have a clue can’t make it. And this f***ing guy is exhibit A. The players obviously don’t respect what he preaches and that’s a problem. No one that’s been in the system has gave a f***. Also a huge disconnect between the coach and gm. The coach wants hard working players yet the gm has acquired the likes of Nylander and Strome who have rightfully been thrown aside by said coach. (Multiple scratches) Good on him for knowing these players aren’t worth a f*** though. A plus on that. But here’s galaxy brain Stan giving away good players like candy and people fumble away to defend him on potential. “I think he will finally get it together” Jesus pull yourself together with the lost cost fallacy.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Bottom 5 coach and bottom 5 GM, they both need to leave immediately, what have they done for us lately, nothing this team is not a playoff team and Stan has made this long term problem even if he was to leave today with this offseason disaster..

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Holy shit it feels so much like the Benning and travis green threads i had to scroll up to check what forum I was in.
Dang well carry on, I feel your pain but atleast you got seth jones and not oel :help:

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I don’t believe the roster is a problem. I even think some guys are being unfairly devalued or overlooked. The coaching seems to be more of an issue than anything. Maybe the focus on fitness has been passed by a bit because guys look steps slow. After nearly 4 seasons of seemingly the same issues popping up like clockwork with massive roster changes and arguably upgraded in some areas hasn’t bore much fruit.

There are question marks with the younger players obviously but the personnel on the backend and in goal should very well be a playoff capable roster.

I can see how the structure of this roster could be a tough team and you would think how these recent moves all seems to be in for fitting Colliton’s style it just does not seem that what he plans in his mind transitions well to NHL ice. It actually seems like what he preaches in interviews are the exact opposite of the product.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Holy shit it feels so much like the Benning and travis green threads i had to scroll up to check what forum I was in.
Dang well carry on, I feel your pain but atleast you got seth jones and not oel :help:
I feel for Vancouver fans. The situation of everything just seems like it’s in limbo. I think Vancouver should be a competing team right now and on the brink of contending with a few guys hitting their primes and Hughes and Pettersson taking developmental strides. These last few seasons I honestly expected the Canucks to be one of the more successful Canadian teams.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I don’t believe the roster is a problem. I even think some guys are being unfairly devalued or overlooked. The coaching seems to be more of an issue than anything. Maybe the focus on fitness has been passed by a bit because guys look steps slow. After nearly 4 seasons of seemingly the same issues popping up like clockwork with massive roster changes and arguably upgraded in some areas hasn’t bore much fruit.

There are question marks with the younger players obviously but the personnel on the backend and in goal should very well be a playoff capable roster.

I can see how the structure of this roster could be a tough team and you would think how these recent moves all seems to be in for fitting Colliton’s style it just does not seem that what he plans in his mind transitions well to NHL ice. It actually seems like what he preaches in interviews are the exact opposite of the product.
Best.Post.Ever

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Can't we wait until at least 10 games into the regular season before this thread pops up?

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Realistically the coach isn't going to get fired at least until the season starts and some games have been played. That was more or less my point.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I can't get worked up over pre-season.

Give it 10-20 meaningful games, then evaluate.

Goes for players and coach alike.
How long did Q get the the year he was tanked? Savard?

The same rules and timeframe apply here. Colonton has a lot more this year then Q had the year he was fired

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How long did Q get the the year he was tanked? Savard?

The same rules and timeframe apply here. Colonton has a lot more this year then Q had the year he was fired

Q got 15 games…which fits very neatly into the 10-20 games range.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Look, Stan actually did a good job offseason. We have Aton of offensive fire power, we got legit dmen, a freaking Vezina winner for nothing. This team is too damn good to be mediocre. Crappier teams have found success because of a simple hockey system.

Colliton is a complete fraud. 4 powerplays goals? Completely unacceptable. Shoot him into the sun.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Once teams figure out to draw penalties the season is over. Throw in dead weight like Nylander and Strome and there is cause of concern.

Colonton isn’t an NHl coach. He should have 15 games and if he can’t break even or close to it they need to drop the hammer.

(yes, I know there’s no way you can be 500 with 15 games but you get the picture)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Look, Stan actually did a good job offseason. We have Aton of offensive fire power, we got legit dmen, a freaking Vezina winner for nothing. This team is too damn good to be mediocre. Crappier teams have found success because of a simple hockey system.

Colliton is a complete fraud. 4 powerplays goals? Completely unacceptable. Shoot him into the sun.
I'm not sure Stan did a great job this season but there's really not a way to find out until Colliton is gone.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm not sure Stan did a great job this season but there's really not a way to find out until Colliton is gone.

meh, I don't like some of Stan's moves, that said the meat and potatoes of a decent group are present. The trouble is the coaching staff and system.

the team D is absolutely putrid

Crow

May 19, 2014
I’ll be ready to change my vote a month or two into this season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.The PK is a disaster ..but is it system of pk or personnel that are over-rated as pk guys.. I think thevlatter.

2.Isit sysyem or the fact hgat Line#1 has stunk all camp and in the gamesc they have played...

If Kane...who is the driver if his line,refuses to hustle and is sloppy and looks disengaged and not interested in checking alone to get the puck back ....then line #1 will stink
..pur and simple.

If D-Cat also is sloppy and lazy on his checking and battles the line #1 will be even worse than justcKane Stinking.

Adding in Johnson as C on the line makes itcaxsmurfvlinecwhich ALSO is a problem...

Instead of dominating as line #1s are supposed to,tgere is no chemistry and no defensive responsibility shown so far as I have seen when theyvarevon in5x5..

Right now tgevline in 5x5 is dysfunctionally BAD..

Is that system or just they themselves not showing the want and being too small a line?

3.Why dies Hagel Entwhistle and Kurashev work so well together? HOW COME THEY GET THE SYSTEM?

How cone they do their jobs with competence and tilt the ice and do so well in the possession stats?WANT is there.

4. Country Club/Slacker/ Entitled/ fat contracts....obviously still a problem with some of our "stars" with an aversion to hard work and hustle.

5.Murphy +CdHas a pair is a disaster waiting to any situation...butbitvgetscexposed even more when the Kanevkibevisvon shift with them.

They have had plenty of time to learn "the system" but they fail badly to execute it...too slow...lacking agility...failing to seal...failing to close and check properly...can't prevent entries.. can't execute exits...bad ...over-rated...incompetent.

6 In the case of McCabe and S.Jones ...maybe have not adjusted well to rgecdefebsive "System"...we will see if it gets better with time or if it is ALSO them being over-rated and over-sold to us.
I am not happy..butvyo be fair tgey are new to the SYSTEM andctgere may be confusion issues to sort out and if it does then coverages will get better ...if not then shot suppression will still be a major problem.

So again...is it System itself or personnel plus insufficient tome for newcomers to learn the SYSTEM?

It bogglesthe mind that the "yutes" get it,but so many of the vets and alleged star vets simply don't!

System or aversion to hustle and hard work?

The time old question.

Have certain vets just taken the ore-season off ..knowing their jobs are secure?

It may oit be system but too many slackers which is the bigger problem.

It also boggles thatt JC supposedly ran a hard camp to get all the players in better shape but still too many look slow compared to the opps.

7. If you run a great pk you gotta sacrifice and block a kitvofcshots ...S Jones has no idea on how to block shots...Murphy and CdH aksi are not takibgvkessins from tge Brent Sigel School of shot blocking eitther

Somebody gotta teach them tgey need to sacrifice tgeir bodies to get into tge shot paths and block the onconung barrage.

8.We cannot remove tgevoiircd alk at once....but start with CdH ....bad keg/good keg...no difference hexstull fails to do tge job and pucks stay in our zone too long...leading to opos scoring goals on us.

9.Frankly Seth Jones looks best when he is attacking with the puck....defending without the omouck =not looking so good...
9 seasonscof bad defending we cannot afford...so IF he dies not how vast improvement in defending then maybe need to switch him up to attacking forward role ?

Not what we are paying for ..but maybe you gotta do what you can to rectify a now concerning problem?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I feel for Vancouver fans. The situation of everything just seems like it’s in limbo. I think Vancouver should be a competing team right now and on the brink of contending with a few guys hitting their primes and Hughes and Pettersson taking developmental strides. These last few seasons I honestly expected the Canucks to be one of the more successful Canadian teams.

Don’t feel for their fans our team isn’t much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad