Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There is only 1 Dman left from Q's era (Keith), not really counting Murphy. And there are only 4 forwards left, (Toews, Kane, Kampf, and Debrincat)

Yet we still see Kane playing one-way often disinterested hockey. We still see Dmen and forwards alike puck watch in the defensive zone. We still see very little puck support anywhere. We still see excessive perimeter play. We still see players avoid board play. We still see teams outwork Hawks almost nightly. We still see a PP that passes the puck around the perimeter with no net presence. We still see players often pass the puck from prime shooting areas. We still see a lack of grit all over the ice. We still see Stan preferring smurfs that other teams pass on...etc..etc..
Yes, lack of talent is a factor but so is the team mentality.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yet we still see Kane playing one-way often disinterested hockey. We still see Dmen and forwards alike puck watch in the defensive zone. We still see very little puck support anywhere. We still see excessive perimeter play. We still see players avoid board play. We still see teams outwork Hawks almost nightly. We still see a PP that passes the puck around the perimeter with no net presence. We still see players often pass the puck from prime shooting areas. We still see a lack of grit all over the ice. We still see Stan preferring smurfs that other teams pass on...etc..etc..
Sounds like the GM isnt acquiring the proper players to fill out the team to me.

Nope, definitely Qs fault....still

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

On all three cup teams, did anybody but Kane play perimeter hockey with a disinterest in defense? I’m pretty sure there generally weren’t multiple players who did that. We’ve had multiple players who do that for the past few years.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
On all three cup teams, did anybody but Kane play perimeter hockey with a disinterest in defense? I’m pretty sure there generally weren’t multiple players who did that. We’ve had multiple players who do that for the past few years.
Actually, I remember Kane trying to be like Hossa and backcheck quite a bit. You don't see him do that much anymore.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
All the players joining the team want to play like Kane now, instead of Hossa. They see how minimal effort he puts in and gets away with it from the coaches.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The power play sucking is on the core players. They refuse to change. It's been the same damn thing for a decade with them, outside of a couple seasons. One where Panarin was a huge part of it. I think Kane is the biggest problem, truth be told.

Hawks had a really good stretch of power play where Gus was the QB and go-to guy

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I liked how they changed things up with Barry Smith, which of course so many people freaked out over for stupid reasons I think, but after he was gone this season. They stuck with what he did too much stupidly not getting changing up is key to that success.

Like the 2 man entry drop back options. It was great as a change up to the years long reliance of 1 man drop pass options, but then they just stick to that same play everytime and its an issue again instead of mixing it up.

Kane has been a problem but Toews was never a big on the PP after his concussions. I liked whenever it was lately he moved to the bumper. I dont think he does enough by the net side. I liked Dach and Strome using their reach more to make behind the net plays a few times, not nearly enough though.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
The problem is the Hawks power play is so predictable. Kane carries the puck every time. You know what kind of pass he is going to make. But they seem to default to it. I really hope Keith is off the power play this season. Even if it sucks, we need to develop a better quarterback.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
The problem is the Hawks power play is so predictable. Kane carries the puck every time. You know what kind of pass he is going to make. But they seem to default to it. I really hope Keith is off the power play this season. Even if it sucks, we need to develop a better quarterback.
Kane also seems to run the PP and that's the reason it sucks. Players with less talent put up better numbers up a man. But Kane needs to have the puck, and always slow the play down to a crawl, then look to thread that backdoor pass that connects 1-20 times.

They'd be better off with more variety and options. But is Colliton the guy to tell Kane how to run a powerplay? Or even demote him to the second unit? No. Kane runs it, and keeps doing his thing year after year. And this is not a new thing. It's been going on.

28th ranked powerplay?

Rannulph Junuh: This is getting embarassing.
Bagger Vance: Oh no sir, this has been embarassing for quite some time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blackhawks GM: Can't compete with top teams now

"I think Jeremy is a very important piece of this," Bowman said. "His strength as a coach is that element -- the development of young players, and taking raw materials and molding them into pieces."

Colliton is entering the final year of a three-year contract, but Bowman said the team is "most likely" looking to extend the coach before the season.

JC is getting extension

Stanley can f*** off

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
588284C8-C36E-4978-9728-88E572A096DD.gif

Reactions: CanadianHawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad