Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
With the possible exception of Fleury, none of the pieces added are game-breakers in their own right. Even if everything broke the Blackhawks way roster-wise, they still would have only been considered a playoff team, not a legit contender. I think people have had unrealistic expectations for this team's improvement.

I'm fine with moving on from Colliton, but if the team is basically .500 in 20 games, that's about what I expected, and I doubt he gets axed.

If the team is like, dead last in the conference, yeah, he's gone and probably Stan too.

Regardless of one's opinion on the level of play McCabe/Jones will bring I believe having serviceable D at their age/ability is a big upgrade from overusing Keith + every night. Add to that, this bumps everyone to where they need to be.

I'm hesitant to say Toews defensive game, checking ability and coverage looked better in preseason that it has in years, fingers crossed. I also really like the battle in the younger players we've seen so far this preseason and think if they keep it up they'll be a hell of a depth matchup for even the better teams in the conference.

No matter what, IMO, this is much more NHL competent team and given what we sold in futures they better look the part too.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Regardless of one's opinion on the level of play McCabe/Jones will bring I believe having serviceable D at their age/ability is a big upgrade from overusing Keith + every night. Add to that, this bumps everyone to where they need to be.

I'm hesitant to say Toews defensive game, checking ability and coverage looked better in preseason that it has in years, fingers crossed. I also really like the battle in the younger players we've seen so far this preseason and think if they keep it up they'll be a hell of a depth matchup for even the better teams in the conference.

No matter what, IMO, this is much more NHL competent team and given what we sold in futures they better look the part too.
Sure seems that way but to play devil's advocate, the pre-season can lull a fan into believing the team is better than it actually is....not to mention the team defence is still suspect (and the PK looks to be a disaster again).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would love for Monty to be the next coach (as long as he has cleaned up what ever the issue was in Dallas). I know there is a connection with Bowman there as well.

Reactions: hawksrule

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I would love for Monty to be the next coach (as long as he has cleaned up what ever the issue was in Dallas). I know there is a connection with Bowman there as well.
I really don’t like the system Monty had. Something I read was he forces his top two lines to be strict defensively shutting down the opposition top lines and then relying on depth to provide scoring. I would rather watch a run and gun team exit the second round than a boring team lose in the conference finals honestly

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I really don’t like the system Monty had. Something I read was he forces his top two lines to be strict defensively shutting down the opposition top lines and then relying on depth to provide scoring. I would rather watch a run and gun team exit the second round than a boring team lose in the conference finals honestly
We've been running and gunning by failure to achieve anything else

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Huh? That's NHL hockey 101.... unless of course you ice a team to just entertain and never win anything.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

why?

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I don’t know if we have the right personnel for it first off. I don’t see kaner backchecking anytime soon. Second I’m selfish and as a former goalie ik the skaters aren’t going to do their job and make it easy for me anyways so might as well make it interesting

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Huh? That's NHL hockey 101.... unless of course you ice a team to just entertain and never win anything.
It’s really strict the system from what I know. The top two lines are there to dry out the opposition top lines so the depth players are more responsible for scoring

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Fire Colliton? Highly unlikely.

>.500 record

Started with disgruntled vets after Q firing

Covid season

Toews taking a year off.

Rebuild/retooling of team.

JC is in no danger of being fired.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
They missed out on hiring Gerrard Gallant .Watch the Rangers have a successful year.JC system allows too many shots against .

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They missed out on hiring Gerrard Gallant .Watch the Rangers have a successful year.JC system allows too many shots against .
The Rangers were already good last year after their terrible start and lockerroom drama at the beginning.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Gallant is not a strong systems coach. That is in part why Vegas let him go, they wanted more structure which DeBoer provides. So I’m not sure he would be a good hire for the Hawks. Although at this point I think any structure would help this team because I don’t see any with this team.

Reactions: coolhand

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I actually think the Rangers might be a bit worse this year. Not necessarily because of Gallant, who I think is no better or worse than 'meh' as a coach, but because of the moves they made in the off-season. I don't trust their front office anymore, I don't think they brought in very good players, they really didn't address any of their needs up the middle or in terms of defensive depth. And lots of teams in their division improved.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It’s really strict the system from what I know. The top two lines are there to dry out the opposition top lines so the depth players are more responsible for scoring

That's pretty much what Q's system was, except it was the 1st and 4th lines put out there against top competition to reach at least a draw, and the 2nd and 3rd line's job to outscore the other team's lower lines.

Colliton, as far as I can tell, doesn't really line match much with role in mind. He's very much a 'my best players vs your best players' down the lineup type of coach.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I actually think the Rangers might be a bit worse this year. Not necessarily because of Gallant, who I think is no better or worse than 'meh' as a coach, but because of the moves they made in the off-season. I don't trust their front office anymore, I don't think they brought in very good players, they really didn't address any of their needs up the middle or in terms of defensive depth. And lots of teams in their division improved.
I look at Gallant as a motivator... I think Rangers may surprise you.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
And my thoughts on those four names,

Oh Hell No!
Hell no
No
Meh

Babcock is ridiculously overrated.
ya I am not fond of them either.

I would like Trotz, long time assistant coach Lane Lambert but he is presently with NYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad