Fire Chia Thread IV: Hitchin' a Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I love how Hitch is rubbing it in Chiarelli's face by sitting out Manning. Kind of like hey we need help and this is what you get us ? :laugh: Waste of cap space next year for a team in need of one next year to improve the team. This guy is a clown.

It’s incredible. With Klefbom, Sekera and even Petrovic out, Manning still sits.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Friedman said he thinks Chia is doing his best.

I think the sad reality is that Chia is just incompetent as **** but luckily for him his bosses are even more clueless than he is.

Seriously where do I sign up for a job where I can perform this badly for 4 years while making millions of dollars a year and still have a job.

What does that mean though?

Chia is now the equivalent of a Thanksgiving hand turkey drawing that your niece drew for you that only has three fingers, and you have to put it on your fridge.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008

Chia is now the equivalent of a Thanksgiving hand turkey drawing that your niece drew for you that only has three fingers, and you have to put it on your fridge.

This is hanging on the fridge in the Oilers offices:

upload_2019-1-10_16-48-11.png

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Friedman said he thinks Chia is doing his best. THINK ABOUT THAT SENTENCE!
It has gotten so bad that Chia even trying is now part of the dialogue. WOW!
Yet the beat goes on. Nicholson is probably down in Arizona golfing and working on that tan, telling ladies he has a burger named after him in Canada...

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
yup, you sure told me ;)

Wasn’t my intention to have “told you”.

It honestly seems strange to me for you to get on the soapbox about the organization’s reluctance to take action on Chia when you seemed to be at the head of the line to give Chia one more season.
That’s all.
No ill will on my part.

Reactions: harpoon

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Wasn’t my intention to have “told you”.

It honestly seems strange to me for you to get on the soapbox about the organization’s reluctance to take action on Chia when you seemed to be at the head of the line to give Chia one more season.
That’s all.
No ill will on my part.
I'm just kidding (winky face was supposed to show that lol)
yep, I was one of the few who wanted to see how he did in the summer ....and he did do some good things, namely Koskinen and Chiasson....but the bad now vastly outweighs the good and he's gotta go
simple as that

Reactions: Consultant

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Friedman said he thinks Chia is doing his best. THINK ABOUT THAT SENTENCE!
It has gotten so bad that Chia even trying is now part of the dialogue. WOW!
Yet the beat goes on. Nicholson is probably down in Arizona golfing and working on that tan, telling ladies he has a burger named after him in Canada...

Trading is hard!!!!

space321

May 11, 2011

It means Chia already gave away our valuable assets over hte past 3 years, so now he has to go bargain hunting and hope someone pans out. That's what it means by "he's doing his best". Chia has no one but himself to blame for putting everything in the current situation.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I'm just kidding (winky face was supposed to show that lol)
yep, I was one of the few who wanted to see how he did in the summer ....and he did do some good things, namely Koskinen and Chiasson....but the bad now vastly outweighs the good and he's gotta go
simple as that

Here’s the thing about Chia’s good moves, there’s always a catch.

Koskinen is said to be a Kurri find, via Gretzky. That OBC noone wants involved.
Chiasson wouldn’t have seen the light of day if Upshall wouldn’t have come up lame.

People like to say he’s good at the small trades. He’s not, he just makes moves and hopes for the best.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Here’s the thing about Chia’s good moves, there’s always a catch.

Koskinen is said to be a Kurri find, via Gretzky. That OBC noone wants involved.
Chiasson wouldn’t have seen the light of day if Upshall wouldn’t have come up lame.

People like to say he’s good at the small trades. He’s not, he just makes moves and hopes for the best.
but that just proves he's listening to everyone in the organization

no different than the Reinhart deal, the Talbot deal etc...

at the end of the day, he's pulling the trigger on the moves...good and bad
and he should get the accolades or blame when a trade is made

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
but that just proves he's listening to everyone in the organization

no different than the Reinhart deal, the Talbot deal etc...

at the end of the day, he's pulling the trigger on the moves...good and bad
and he should get the accolades or blame when a trade is made

Sure. There aren’t a lot of accolades though.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
So, with the bits of chatter we've seen on the possibility of MacT being named interim GM in the case of Chia being fired it sparked me to look into the trades made around the league when MacTavish was GM. At the time our biggest need was a #1 Dman, and a grand total of zero were traded. The best were Sekera X2, Wisniewski, Yandle, Leddy and Boychuk.

Yandle would have been nice, but NY put a pretty big package together that we were not in a position to match. Boychuk had one year of putting up points before the trade, and got a pretty hefty contract so would be understandable why we passed. Leddy was a miss for sure, but if I remember correctly I think the consensus at the time was that he was pretty terrible defensively, so again somewhat understandable.

Compare this to who has moved since Chia has been on board, Subban, Weber, Hamilton X2, Hanifin, Seth Jones, Goligoski, Karlsson, Yandle, McDonagh, Demers, Hamonic, Larsson, and a few other names that would be an upgrade atleast on our bottom 4 guys.

Look at each list and it's pretty easy to see which GM had more opportunity to fix the biggest hole on this team. Even if some of the names on Chias list were traded for eachother, the fact that he uses excuses like "these players don't move" or "not at this time" is unacceptable. We could have matched many of these offers or beat them had we not wasted our best assets on trash.

Add onto this that there was rumblings that many GM's didn't even know Hall was available. All this points to a lazy GM who doesn't put in the work when it comes to trades and scouting unless it's for Manning for a f***ing year.

Now don't get me wrong, I disliked MacT when he was here. And he did handle the Petry situation poorly, though I could see his reasoning behind it. As well as Eakins (though who knows, those teams had way bigger problems than the coach.) But looking back, maybe he wasn't such a bad GM?

I think a full out purge is expecting a bit much of Katz. And I see zero reason why K. Gretzky should get the job, he's been with Chia through most of this and stood by him. So if we must deal with the OBC, maybe MacT could set us straight? His "development year" line that got him canned when Chia took over would have set us up infinitely better than what we got now.

*Obviously recycling old Oilers is not ideal, but let's be realistic; Katz will not get rid of them permanently. And no one that's sought after will want to work with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: harpoon

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Friedman said he thinks Chia is doing his best.

I think the sad reality is that Chia is just incompetent as **** but luckily for him his bosses are even more clueless than he is.

Seriously where do I sign up for a job where I can perform this badly for 4 years while making millions of dollars a year and still have a job.
This sums up Friedman as much as it sums up CHia. Both bad at their jobs

Reactions: dawunderboy

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Ok Pete, your likely getting fired in the next 3 months. Just please, on your way out, do not make any dumb trades

Nicholson should seriously consider freezing any trades Chiarelli can make. But then again, that would actually require Nicholson to do his job

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
I love to see the losers who mocked me when I was pretty much the only one who wanted this f***ing asshat gone.

How is the crow?

Haha

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Strome, Barzal and Eberle all scored so far tonight. Hopefully Reinhart and Spooner have big nights tonight.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
In the last two months he:

- traded his 3C, two games before hiring a defensive coach
- didn't just trade a 3rd for #5/6 dman but gave up the the better of the two he had
- waived Zykov, then traded another forward for Manning, who the coach won't even play

You couldn't screw up any worse if you tried.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad