Fire Chia Thread IV: Hitchin' a Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Oilers need a no nonsense GM like Columbus has. They have the highly respected no nonsense coach in place. (I’m 100% confident that Chia is viewed as at best a lame duck, at worst a “mark” as a GM)

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Oilers need a no nonsense GM like Columbus has. They have the highly respected no nonsense coach in place. (I’m 100% confident that Chia is viewed as at best a lame duck, at worst a “mark” as a GM)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This is actually 100% true. Katz will likely never sell the team, and he will NEVER fire these guys. Ever. So we have to hope that they get lucky with the next hire, and that next hire is strong enough to stand up to these ****ing idiots. However, this is very unlikely, as the OBC will only hire yes men who go along with their ridiculous ideas.
I'm not entirely sure about that. I don't think Chiarelli is a yes man. I think he's just the worst GM in the league.

My biggest concern for when Chiarelli gets fired is that the Oilers aren't going to go outside the organization to hire a new GM.

We'll get some sort of "We tried it your (the fans) way by hiring an outsider and look what he's done to this franchise. Now it's our turn again"

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
The next big event is the TDL I shudder to think what Chia would do at that time. He's lost the complete trust of all fans at the moment. The last 2 trades were really bad. Should be fired now and replaced in the interim by K. Gretzky. Also fire all the pro scouts before next season.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

We need John Davidson. He's raised 2 franchises from the ashes now. Maybe he wants to make it 3 :)

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Peter Chiarelli is destroying the Oilers. Do not wait until summer, fire him today!!!!
Then they should either sue him and/or beat him at centre ice during an intermission.

Reactions: BudBundy and oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Peter Chiarelli is destroying the Oilers. Do not wait until summer, fire him today!!!!
Then they should either sue him and/or beat him at centre ice during an intermission.

ohhh, make that a special event only for tier 1 season ticket holders. That'll help the ticket drive this year. I guess a lot of the expensive seats are up for renewal.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

i agree, i don't really trust chia to make any good deals to improve the team but if we do fire him, what's the likely outcome?... i think macT would take over as interim gm. do you trust HIM to make any good deals? i don't even know who's out there as competent gms we could realiatically snatch up right now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
i agree, i don't really trust chia to make any good deals to improve the team but if we do fire him, what's the likely outcome?... i think macT would take over as interim gm. do you trust HIM to make any good deals? i don't even know who's out there as competent gms we could realiatically snatch up right now.

Since being popular with other GM's is the main criteria Nicholson goes by, why not just send a survey around the league and ask all the other GM's who they would want to take over as our GM?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Since being popular with other GM's is the main criteria Nicholson goes by, why not just send a survey around the league and ask all the other GM's who they would want to take over as our GM?
is chia really popular amongst other gms?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
is chia really popular amongst other gms?

Nicholson bragged that he was. They like him, they like working with him. Apparently that is a reason why Chia should stay. Being an NHL GM is a popularity contest.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

The result would almost certainly be a unanimous vote for Chiarelli. Who could another GM possibly like more than the guy who invariably pays well above market value for other teams' assets?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The result would almost certainly be a unanimous vote for Chiarelli. Who could another GM possibly like more than the guy who invariably pays well above market value for other teams' assets?

Well, we would have to make it a little harder and not have Chia as an option :)

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Nicholson bragged that he was. They like him, they like working with him. Apparently that is a reason why Chia should stay.

i don't doubt it. i've said it before, it almost feels like at times he's just a puppet shill of a gm and guys like macT and lowe etc are working through him like some demonic possession.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Team gives up seven and the coach still won't play him. Great trade.

Bear in mind that this is a guy who the organization has reportedly been interested in for two years. Not only was he scratched consistently in Chicago, but now he's been scratched 4 straight games in Edmonton. He's been here for seven games now. That's over a 50% healthy scratch rate. Is there any team with worse talent assessment than the Edmonton Oilers? It's nonstop with this nonsense.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
i don't doubt it. i've said it before, it almost feels like at times he's just a puppet shill of a gm and guys like macT and lowe etc are working through him like some demonic possession.

Based on...?

Chia makes moves for 4 years that perfectly reflect the same poor talent assessment and poor cap management he exercised in Boston and people still want to give him a pass.

Even down to the convenient whispers of upper management interference when it all goes off the rails.

I have no idea how the inner circle of the Oilers work. Neither does anyone else. I would guess there’s several voices and Chia makes the final call. I would think most teams operate this way.

I would like a clean sweep as much as anyone but this is Chia’s team and he needs to be removed before he does any more damage trying to save his own skin.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Chia is awful. the next guy will be awful if the majority of the same people are still in place in the org.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Go to Sportsnet and enjoy their new article called, "When did the Canucks become more talented than the Oilers?".
How could that happen? Well when your GM loses 95% of his trades that is what happens...
Remember four years ago when we were overflowing with talent and promise??

Still can't believe Chia's response when probed during the press conference was "trades are hard". Please find someone who can do it, this is urgent and ridiculous. FIRE CHIA, chant it tonight folks. The time is NOW!!!!!!

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Chia is awful. the next guy will be awful if the majority of the same people are still in place in the org.

That may be.
No question, the right move would be firing all of them and completely rebuilding the management team.

The owner is the owner though, and it might be impossible to remove his heroes from the organization. Waiting for that to happen might prove futile.

It doesn’t change the fact that Chia needs to go. ASAP

Reactions: Consultant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad