Fire Chia Thread IV: Hitchin' a Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
For those worried about who the next GM might be, surely they are interviewing others.
And worry not, when you have the worst GM in the history of professional sport there is no where to go but up. I'd take Kevin Lowe at this point, Mac T sure anyone can fill in for a few months, just get this idiot out.
Fire Chia and hire anyone, even if its a monkey I'll be celebrating.
FIRE CHIA TODAY!!!!!! Then sue him and let 100 lottery winning fans beat him at centre ice as a sort of pre-game ceremony/ cleansing.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
That may be.
No question, the right move would be firing all of them and completely rebuilding the management team.

The owner is the owner though, and it might be impossible to remove his heroes from the organization. Waiting for that to happen might prove futile.

It doesn’t change the fact that Chia needs to go. ASAP
the fact he's still here speaks volumes of the way the organization perceives him

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Brian Burke just told Bob on Oilers Now he's becoming a big fan of the Oilers and he's been following the team.

Burke just applied for the GM job when it comes open.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Brian Burke just told Bob on Oilers Now he's becoming a big fan of the Oilers and he's been following the team.

Burke just applied for the GM job when it comes open.
Brian Burke is 10x the GM Chiarelli could even imagine being.

Plus, the inevitable fight between a hedgehog/Trump impersonator and Kevin Lowe would be amazing.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
the fact he's still here speaks volumes of the way the organization perceives him

They likely perceive him as someone they’ve invested millions in.
The Oilers are never quick to admit mistakes.

Also, his head rolls before theirs so it’s beneficial to keep him in place as long as possible. Much like Chia’s reluctance to fire TMac. IMO anyway.

Either way, keeping Chia for this season was a massive mistake. It needs to stop now.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
So manning not playing again. We trade for a guy who was a healthy scratch to be a healthy scratch while losing a player who is doing something.

Reactions: TB12 and Raoul Duke

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
So manning not playing again. We trade for a guy who was a healthy scratch to be a healthy scratch while losing a player who is doing something.
A roster player who would have been 5th in scoring on a team that doesn't have depth scoring, and could play in the top 6/bottom six for a guy who injured our best player who is immediately in the PB.

Chiarelli is the worst thing to ever happen to the Oilers. Ever.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Also, his head rolls before theirs so it’s beneficial to keep him in place as long as possible.
Much like Chia’s reluctance to fire TMac. IMO anyway.

Either way, keeping Chia for this season was a massive mistake. It needs to stop now.
exactly...the organization is to dumb and too "proud" (somehow) to admit this franchise is hooped and Chia effed up badly

I honestly think they're scare to face the media in the firing presser (despite how soft our media is...)

Reactions: Consultant

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
exactly...the organization is to dumb and too "proud" (somehow) to admit this franchise is hooped and Chia effed up badly

I honestly think they're scare to face the media in the firing presser (despite how soft our media is...)

Yeah, you’re probably right but then, you were cool with Chia coming into this season, weren’t you?
Kind of an odd stance. ;)

Reactions: harpoon

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Also, his head rolls before theirs so it’s beneficial to keep him in place as long as possible. Much like Chia’s reluctance to fire TMac. IMO anyway.

The thing is, as long as the herd circles around the weakest, none of them as a whole can be hurt.

MacTavish basically admitted that it's an OBC when he said the Oilers care about loyalty. We're being run by a group of frat boys who peaked in high school.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
The thing is, as long as the herd circles around the weakest, none of them as a whole can be hurt.

MacTavish basically admitted that it's an OBC when he said the Oilers care about loyalty. We're being run by a group of frat boys who peaked in high school.

No argument here.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
"You know who the only person is that can fix this mess? The person that made it."
It's like he's a cab driver, and the Oilers are the tourist in a city that they've never been in before and he's just driving through the sketchiest neighborhoods.

"I can drop you off here, or I can drive you out of here if you we keep the meter running."

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I love how Hitch is rubbing it in Chiarelli's face by sitting out Manning. Kind of like hey we need help and this is what you get us ? :laugh: Waste of cap space next year for a team in need of one next year to improve the team. This guy is a clown.
It's now two coaches who have had to coach around the idiotic moves this guy makes.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Friedman said he thinks Chia is doing his best.

I think the sad reality is that Chia is just incompetent as f*** but luckily for him his bosses are even more clueless than he is.

Seriously where do I sign up for a job where I can perform this badly for 4 years while making millions of dollars a year and still have a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad