Fire Chia Thread IV: Hitchin' a Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Honestly no one could have predicted Lucic to become a smoking crater of his former self. A drop off could be predicted, but there is no one that would have been taken seriously if they said he'd be at where he is now...
Everything posters are saying about him now, is what I was saying after watching the 1st game he played against LA as an Oiler.
I wasn't a fan of the signing to begin with, and after seeing the way he played against his friends really solidified it for me.
I couldn't believe how many posters were blind to it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Everything posters are saying about him now, is what I was saying after watching the 1st game he played against LA as an Oiler.
I wasn't a fan of the signing to begin with, and after seeing the way he played against his friends really solidified it for me.
I couldn't believe how many posters were blind to it.
So one game of him playing soft against his former team was enough for you to ignore a decade of 50-60 points? Predicting that level of drop in play was nearly impossible.

Reactions: Missing smitty

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
They’re mostly still here. Sudden cases of amnesia are going around. :shakehead
Honestly I don’t remember many people being happy about the Lucic contract. Some were of course “yay! Our player can beat up your dads” kind of thing, but pretty much everybody was fully aware that the contract would be an absolute boat anchor before it was done. The only variable was how soon. Iirc my take on it was that we’d be a slightly better team for two or three years, then we’d deeply regret it the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->