Fire Chia Thread IV: Hitchin' a Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Brownlee (Oilersnation) and Jones (Sun) both came out with scathing reviews of Chia today.
Ride the momentum Oiler fans, let's get this idiot out before he does even more damage.
We need a "Fire Chiarelli" chant tomorrow night between the anthems and the opening face-off. If I lived in Alberta I would help out...
And perhaps some disdain aimed at Nicholson since the ball is seemingly in his court.
Waiting until the off season is ridiculous. The time is NOW!!!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Brownlee (Oilersnation) and Jones (Sun) both came out with scathing reviews of Chia today.
Ride the momentum Oiler fans, let's get this idiot out before he does even more damage.
We need a "Fire Chiarelli" chant tomorrow night between the anthems and the opening face-off. If I lived in Alberta I would help out...
And perhaps some disdain aimed at Nicholson since the ball is seemingly in his court.
I’ll be at the game tommorow but the games are so quiet these days. I don’t expect a chant to gain any traction.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
This is your chance SavesfromKosko!
Be the hero we need.
The future of the Oilers is in YOUR hands!!!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
General comment...Jones shreds Chiarelli in his latest write-up in the Sun.
Two headlines from Jones within a month of each other:

“JONES: He's baaaaack – Edmonton Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli looking like the resident genius”

“JONES: Chiarelli has largely left himself as a lame duck general manager”

What a lame reporter.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

“JONES: He's baaaaack – Edmonton Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli looking like the resident genius”

What a lame reporter.

:laugh:

I missed the first one you referenced and what the hell is he talking about him being a genius for, hiring Hitch?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

:clap:

Brownlee's blog was excellent.

Reactions: Consultant

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
realistically what's even going to happen if they fire chia now? very likely they'll put MacT in as interim GM. i bet he's had a significant say in the trades that have already happened anyway. so firing chia would only put MacT into the target sights of the fans and media which i don't think he wants or katz and the rest of the obc wants. the obc wants to stay here forever.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yup, the real problem is the OBC. Lowe, MacT, Gretzky, Messier, and Coffey all need to be fired.
Yep. But realistically that's just not going to happen.

I think best case scenario is that Katz and co luck out with whoever is hired next and we fluke into a good GM. Otherwise we're screwed until Katz dies and maybe his son takes over and after decades of embarrassment cleans house lol. Sort of like when Bill Wirtz died in Chicago.

Reactions: Aerrol

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Yup, the real problem is the OBC. Lowe, MacT, Gretzky, Messier, and Coffey all need to be fired.

The OBC need to have a special club house at Rogers where they can hang out, have a self congratulating reunion every year, and simply sit back and watch the team. The Oilers aren't going anywhere until there is a strict line drawn between OBC interference and hockey operations. Sure we can show off our great hockey heritage, but it's time to build a modern organization. I'll be disgusted if Mact, Lowe, Howson, or Chiarelli are still involved in team discussions in anyway next season. Really they should blow it up now before they do any more damage, a cautious interim GM is probably the best solution before doing a proper GM hunt in the off season.

Reactions: Del Preston

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

What a lame reporter.

Love how he called the fans fickle in the 1st one, and then pulls a 180 a couple weeks later.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm voluntarily exhiling myself from HFOil for 1 week as my Fire Chia prediction for January 8th/9th has (sadly) not come to pass and I feel a 1 week banning for falsely giving hope for this wonderful event to occur is an appropriate punishment.

I know others might like a much longer period of banishment... but just like the NHL refs and the NHL disciplinary hierarchy... my judgements are final, illogical and arbitrary. It's also possible that this banishment period may be shortened or lengthened based on an appeals hearing I am having with myself sometime in the next 7 days.

See you all on January 17th (or sooner... or later).

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Whatever happened to the old "I've stepped down as I have not been able to fulfill my duties" play that is prominent in other businesses. Or "I've decided to spend more time with my step-children" excuse. They just go on and on forever daring someone to do something about it.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I'm voluntarily exhiling myself from HFOil for 1 week as my Fire Chia prediction for January 8th/9th has (sadly) not come to pass and I feel a 1 week banning for falsely giving hope for this wonderful event to occur is an appropriate punishment.

I know others might like a much longer period of banishment... but just like the NHL refs and the NHL disciplinary hierarchy... my judgements are final, illogical and arbitrary. It's also possible that this banishment period may be shortened or lengthened based on an appeals hearing I am having with myself sometime in the next 7 days.

See you all on January 17th (or sooner... or later).

No way! Stay on the cause!! Time to be louder than ever. Let’s run Chia out of town. It has momentum, it is in Nicholson’s ear. Fire chia today and let us enjoy this season, give us the new beginning that I’m sure at least 90% of Oiler followers want. No more prolonging the pain, for the love of god Katz, it is time to replace both Bobby Nicholson and Chia.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yep. But realistically that's just not going to happen.

I think best case scenario is that Katz and co luck out with whoever is hired next and we fluke into a good GM. Otherwise we're screwed until Katz dies and maybe his son takes over and after decades of embarrassment cleans house lol. Sort of like when Bill Wirtz died in Chicago.

This is actually 100% true. Katz will likely never sell the team, and he will NEVER fire these guys. Ever. So we have to hope that they get lucky with the next hire, and that next hire is strong enough to stand up to these f***ing idiots. However, this is very unlikely, as the OBC will only hire yes men who go along with their ridiculous ideas.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
This is actually 100% true. Katz will likely never sell the team, and he will NEVER fire these guys. Ever. So we have to hope that they get lucky with the next hire, and that next hire is strong enough to stand up to these ****ing idiots. However, this is very unlikely, as the OBC will only hire yes men who go along with their ridiculous ideas.
Are there any unemployed Hockey Canada buddies out there?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Chiarelli needs to be fired but just like McLellan was for him, he’s a scapegoat of the real culprits.
Real culprits made him trade a 3rd and a decent trade chip in Caggiula for Brandon f***ing Manning??
We need to fire the pro scout and Chia after that.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Whatever happened to the old "I've stepped down as I have not been able to fulfill my duties" play that is prominent in other businesses. Or "I've decided to spend more time with my step-children" excuse. They just go on and on forever daring someone to do something about it.
If you get fired you still get the pay cheques coming in. If you step down you probably wont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad