Final On Roster Forwards Rankings

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think they might be in the future, but until they've played a single NHL game it's hard for me to definitively say they'll be more important to the team this season than any proven NHL player.

Actually Wood has played a single NHL game...Same amount of games as Zacha who apparently is already on the list ;)

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think we're at the point in this poll where it's hard to definitively state much, to be honest. A lot of question marks and things to prove for many players.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If we were doing this poll last year would Blandisi or even Boucher be on it based on that rational? They were probably the two most important forwards outside the regular top 5 last season.

Chances are we are going to see both Wood and Quenneville at some point this season. For how long who knows. And I wouldn't even rule out someone winning a spot out of camp.

It's a solid point, but I don't see how you predict who among the Albany contingent will step up?

Bouch last year was a fairly obvious pick, but Blandisi? I know for sure you would have voted Coleman over him.

And this year too, do we vote Q, Wood's, Blandisi, or Coleman? Sound like the basis for a different poll.

I do see Lappin as an a solid pick given he is the clear Albany rw in waiting.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Actually Wood has played a single NHL game...Same amount of games as Zacha who apparently is already on the list ;)

Your correct, but I don't believe Miles Wood will be one of the 12 regular forwards on the list or even the 13th as an extra or healthy scratch. I made this poll asking for each players importance to the club this upcoming season not their past 5 or beyond 2017, the '16-'17 season strictly as I have stated in most of the previous polls. I and many others believe Zacha will make the pro roster right out of the gates and could possibly become an impact rookie this upcoming season. Wood will most likely spend most of his time in the AHL.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's a solid point, but I don't see how you predict who among the Albany contingent will step up?

Bouch last year was a fairly obvious pick, but Blandisi? I know for sure you would have voted Coleman over him.

And this year too, do we vote Q, Wood's, Blandisi, or Coleman? Sound like the basis for a different poll.

I do see Lappin as an a solid pick given he is the clear Albany rw in waiting.

Still would. And I firmly believe had he not gotten hurt we would've seen him with the big club last season.

Sifting through all the players who have a legit shot is a bit difficult...Because there are many and most of them seem to all play the same position except for Lappin who as yuou mentioned is a RW.

I do think any of Quenneville, Wood, Blandisi, Coleman, Pietila or Lappin can legitimately make the team or contribute at different points of this season. I also think at least one of those players will be more valuable to this team THIS season than the majority of the players remaining on the list.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Ranking On Roster Forwards #9

Now is where we aren't necessarily looking for talent, but players who can play their roles effectively.

Current List
1. Hall
2. Cammalleri
3. Henrique
4. Palmieri
5. Zajac
6. Boucher
7. Zacha
8. Devante Smith-Pelly

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Your correct, but I don't believe Miles Wood will be one of the 12 regular forwards on the list or even the 13th as an extra or healthy scratch. I made this poll asking for each players importance to the club this upcoming season not their past 5 or beyond 2017, the '16-'17 season strictly as I have stated in most of the previous polls. I and many others believe Zacha will make the pro roster right out of the gates and could possibly become an impact rookie this upcoming season. Wood will most likely spend most of his time in the AHL.

I'm sure Wood and Quenneville will spend a lot of time in Albany - Boucher did, so did Blandisi....

Both of those players were MORE valuable than just about every single player that played in the bottom 6 last season...See what I mean?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Still would. And I firmly believe had he not gotten hurt we would've seen him with the big club last season.

Sifting through all the players who have a legit shot is a bit difficult...Because there are many and most of them seem to all play the same position except for Lappin who as yuou mentioned is a RW.

I do think any of Quenneville, Wood, Blandisi, Coleman, Pietila or Lappin can legitimately make the team or contribute at different points of this season. I also think at least one of those players will be more valuable to this team THIS season than the majority of the players remaining on the list.

I'm skeptical but I am all for it.

Not only would he be yet another ingredient in the mix, but I'd like to see those other guys spend most of this year in Albany, a cup of coffee for any of them would be great, but I feel it best they spend this season in Albany maybe most specifically Wood's. Really hope he get's the time to develop his offensive game. Blandisi too, but for him the all around game, and to just mature.

Looking from afar I see Q as the most NHL ready.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
I'm sure Wood and Quenneville will spend a lot of time in Albany - Boucher did, so did Blandisi....

Both of those players were MORE valuable than just about every single player that played in the bottom 6 last season...See what I mean?

I couldn't agree more that Q and Wood are more important and more talented than all the guys left on the poll, but I don't see them playing significant time with NJ this season compared to guys like Kalinin or Fiddler or even Josefson. They will be key factors down the road but since I made this poll strictly for this upcoming season I don't think they will make any huge waves. I could be wrong.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think we're at the part of the list where there is a lot of uncertainty.

that too. but, like all the other polls we have, there are no real qualifiers. are we judging based on proven skill sets? potential? a combination? so, i think we all need to take these polls with a huge grain of salt. not saying that they dont spark some interesting debate though.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
that too. but, like all the other polls we have, there are no real qualifiers. are we judging based on proven skill sets? potential? a combination? so, i think we all need to take these polls with a huge grain of salt. not saying that they dont spark some interesting debate though.

Yeah, the criteria for voting is a bit vague, and leaves some discretion with voters/posters how much weight they want to attach to factors like potential to break out this year or to more proven results but with lower upside (this season and in future). I don't mind since it is interesting to see the different rationales and opinions people have, and, who knows, as soon as training camp some players might start proving our assessments wrong. At least this keeps us busy until training camp. :)

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
As long as Beau stays healthy, it is probably him

We need to wrap him in bubble wrap like this:

187770075c7966560814b4206d035404.jpg

Meet Beau.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hey... JJ had a ton of injuries his first few years too, and look how well HE turned out :sarcasm:

Regardless of injuries (or anything else), this is the season where Beau will need to prove that he can contribute at the NHL level. Kind of a make or break year for him. If he can be healthy, maybe he can make something of himself. If he breaks (possibly quite literally), the time would be ticking on his NHL career. Right now, I prefer to predict he'll do well, but he certainly needs to prove that, as do many of the forwards available for this spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad