Final On Roster Forwards Rankings

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I knew that if I voted for him in every poll he'd get the visibility and respect he deserves

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Out of the remaining guys, the only one I might vote Josefson over is Kalinin. I'd probably pick Kalinin, if not for the fact that he has maybe a higher ceiling as of now. But I could certainly back Josefson over him. They're both the same age and I really didn't think Kalinin was better than Josefson last year. There's potential that Kalinin gets better with another year of experience in North America, whereas I think we've seen the best of Josefson. Maybe we've seen the best of Kalinin too, but I'd sooner give him the benefit of the doubt.

I could back Josefson over Fiddler, in the case that Fiddler is old and could fall off this season. If we get the Blandisi we got the last 20 games, I think there's really not much of a difference between the two. Both were terrible at offense and Josefson has the defensive and possession edge. I think Bennett when healthy is absolute better than Josefson.

It's a bit hard for these polls because you have to weigh last year as well as everyone's expectations for next year.

Josefson was the better player between him and Kalinin, in my opinion, mainly because he was effective on the PP, PK, and shootout. At the same time, Josefson should be the better player considering it was his 5th (?) pro year to Kalinin's first. That being said, I expect Kalinin to be gradually worked into a PK role this year and I expect him to be more comfortable. I don't see a PP spot open for JJ anymore, so they come pretty close in that regard.

As far as Fiddler, he is a far superior fourth liner than Josefson/Kalinin but I've heard many Dallas fans saying he wasn't the same last year. Hopefully, he doesn't have too sharp of a decline. If he maintains close to last years performance, he should easily be ranked ahead of Kalinin/JJ. If not, he'd likely fall into that group with them. It's really all about what you predict for him.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Most of you have probably seen this but still for those who haven't

Gotta love JJ:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8GRknfmUI

How many cars did he hit? :laugh:

Just watched...jesus I am way better than a professional hockey player at this game. Yea, I know, I hate JJ....even if I didn't, he was horrendously awful at this. Taking this off topic, but it's a pretty cool game. Substantially overpriced though and you could make it yourself for about $15 at Home Depot.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
How many cars did he hit? :laugh:

Just watched...jesus I am way better than a professional hockey player at this game. Yea, I know, I hate JJ....even if I didn't, he was horrendously awful at this. Taking this off topic, but it's a pretty cool game. Substantially overpriced though and you could make it yourself for about $15 at Home Depot.

True I bought one for practice, didn't want to look at my bank account after getting the one with all the bells and whistles for about 160. However I can consistently hit 4-6 out of 10. Not trying to compare myself to Josefson or any NHLer but JJ is just something else.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Ranking On Roster Forwards #10

Bennett takes no.9 on the list. Beau can be an upside pick up this offseason IF he stays healthy (which would be anything over 50 games for him). Worst case scenario we dump him after his contract is up or deal him at the deadline.

Current List
1. Hall
2. Cammalleri
3. Henrique
4. Palmieri
5. Zajac
6. Boucher
7. Zacha
8. Smith-Pelly
9. Bennett

ALSO WOULD YOU GUYS WANT ME TO DO THE SAME THING FOR DEFENSEMAN ONCE WE FINISH THE FORWARD RANKINGS???

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Most of you have probably seen this but still for those who haven't

Gotta love JJ:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8GRknfmUI

So I hadn't seen that, and now I am watching all the other guys to see if anyone was as inept as JJ. And thus far the answer is no.

Blender with 4.
Wennberg with 4.
Landeskog with 6.
Gagner with 6.

Now Gagner's 6, as one of the spectator's at the "event" said, had a "horse **** 6." Not only did he pool shot in a previous puck(unintentional) but he also put a couple in off the black top. Where as Landeskog had some similar shots that went buried into the grass.

I'm also not sure whether shots that go directly in should count. I would think the point of the sauce game is to have it land just before, and then glide into, the net. I personally would not count waffler's either. Papa don't serve no chunky sauce at this table.

Ah yes, what else is going on in the world today?:popcorn:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Oh, and the perfect JJ quote which can sum up his career, "I was better in warmup's".

Is that not spot on?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
True I bought one for practice, didn't want to look at my bank account after getting the one with all the bells and whistles for about 160. However I can consistently hit 4-6 out of 10. Not trying to compare myself to Josefson or any NHLer but JJ is just something else.

How is your back hand? Mine is embarrassing. :cry:

Not that my forehand is any great shakes.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
How is your back hand? Mine is embarrassing. :cry:

Not that my forehand is any great shakes.

Haha. My backhand isn't bad, out of all the times I try backhand on the sauce kit I usually make 1 or 2 out of 10 at most from a decent distance. However I'm on the ice everyday and whenever I'm not I'm usually using the sauce kit. Probably why I can do it better than JJ.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
I can't deny that Blandisi has the most potential and talent out of the rest of the remaining forwards, but the sole purpose of me making this poll, as I've had to state many times before, was to ask who will have the biggest impact on the club in the 2016-2017 season only. Many including myself think Blender will not make the initial roster and will most likely play as an AHLer or a callup to NJ temporarily. So how would he be effective for this season if he's in the AHL or a healthy scratch. Guys like Fiddler and Kalinin (hesitating to use Josefson's name because he could put up 1 point this season for all we know) could be more effective for this Devils club this season due to the type of role they play, while having a better chance at cracking the lineup. However I contradicted myself 100% by voting for Blandisi due to the speculation of a guy like Bennett getting injured and Blandisi would most likely get the call to play at least temporary top 9 minutes.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I can't deny that Blandisi has the most potential and talent out of the rest of the remaining forwards, but the sole purpose of me making this poll, as I've had to state many times before, was to ask who will have the biggest impact on the club in the 2016-2017 season only. Many including myself think Blender will not make the initial roster and will most likely play as an AHLer or a callup to NJ temporarily. So how would he be effective for this season if he's in the AHL or a healthy scratch. Guys like Fiddler and Kalinin (hesitating to use Josefson's name because he could put up 1 point this season for all we know) could be more effective for this Devils club this season due to the type of role they play, while having a better chance at cracking the lineup. However I contradicted myself 100% by voting for Blandisi due to the speculation of a guy like Bennett getting injured and Blandisi would most likely get the call to play at least temporary top 9 minutes.

I voted Blandisi since I think he could be more matured if called up later in the season and put together a strong performance, but I also think Fiddler or Sergey could step up as well. By this point, it's a lot of guesswork or reading the tea leaves.

Group Chat Legend*

How is Blandisi getting votes?

Id take all 3 above him this season. The kid has gone through some tough times, let him get his legs and balance in the AHL this year.

Id go this order for the remaining: Kalinin > Fiddler > Josefson

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The whole "Blandisi needs to mature" thing is such an overused meme. He just turned 22. If he's stronger on his skates in camp he's probably going to make the team. Being another year removed from that terrible illness and revamping his diet/training (can't find the article that was on NHL.com about this) will do him wonders.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
How is Blandisi getting votes?

Id take all 3 above him this season. The kid has gone through some tough times, let him get his legs and balance in the AHL this year.

Id go this order for the remaining: Kalinin > Fiddler > Josefson

Because he's a much more talented player than Kalinin, Fiddler, and Josefson? It's not even all that close.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00