Final On Roster Forwards Rankings

Group Chat Legend*

And its not about whos better its about who impacts next year most and I dont even see Blandisi on the roster

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Blandisi is not a bottom 6 player.

I doubt he makes the roster

I completely disagree with that. He can absolutely be in the bottom 6. What, are speedy offensively talented players not allowed in the bottom 6? That worked well last year...

Chances are he ends up being a pesky 3rd line LW/C for the majority of his career.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I completely disagree with that. He can absolutely be in the bottom 6. What, are speedy offensively talented players not allowed in the bottom 6? That worked well last year...

Chances are he ends up being a pesky 3rd line LW/C for the majority of his career.

To hell with that bro!

Josefson and Kalinin on the 3rd line, struggling mightily to hit 20 points is where it's at!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly, Fiddler is the only guy in this group I'm expecting to make tangible contributions to this team every night. Specifically faceoffs, but checking and PK as well.

Group Chat Legend*

he can barely stay on his feet when skating into a corner - you think hes fit for a bottom 6 role?

We will see what the coaching staff thinks. I foresee him spending the season in Albany

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
he can barely stay on his feet when skating into a corner - you think hes fit for a bottom 6 role?

We will see what the coaching staff thinks. I foresee him spending the season in Albany

We'll see.

I don't mind him staying in Albany either.

In the last 20 games, he was even worse than Josefson. He produced hardly a thing and was not good in other areas either. Though he was also playing with the worst forwards on the team, even Josefson included.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What exactly is a bottom 6 role anymore? It's not like it used to be where you put your third line in a checking role and just have your fourth line throw themselves around like a bunch of idiots.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
How is Blandisi getting votes?

Id take all 3 above him this season. The kid has gone through some tough times, let him get his legs and balance in the AHL this year.

Id go this order for the remaining: Kalinin > Fiddler > Josefson

As noted by Jim, Blandisi made a pretty big impact in 40 games last year, so even if he only get's the injury callup(remember Cam is still on the roster) he'll still get a fair amount of games.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What exactly is a bottom 6 role anymore? It's not like it used to be where you put your third line in a checking role and just have your fourth line throw themselves around like a bunch of idiots.

I still think you want physicality in that bottom line, even if it is more energy based, then sized based, but that 3rd line really is becoming a line of your best remaining scorers.

See Pitt of last year.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Blandisi will definitely get his time in the NHL this season. If he doesn't earn a roster spot he will get called up when one or all of Cammalleri Bennett Josefson disintegrate.

On a side note I talked to him during the 3 on 3 rookie camp in July when he was healing from injury. Very friendly person and loves engaging with the fans.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Blandisi will definitely get his time in the NHL this season. If he doesn't earn a roster spot he will get called up when one or all of Cammalleri Bennett Josefson disintegrate.

On a side note I talked to him during the 3 on 3 rookie camp in July when he was healing from injury. Very friendly person and loves engaging with the fans.

This paragraph pretty much sums up what I think. When the inevitable injury strikes, Blandisi will get a chance if he doesn't earn one out of training camp. I think it's possible he starts the season in Albany, but I don't believe he finishes it there.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Ranking On Roster Forwards #11

Blandisi takes the 11 spot despite his chance to crack the roster being cloudy his youth and natural talent put him above the remaining candidates

Current List:
1. Hall
2. Cammalleri
3. Henrique
4. Palmieri
5. Zajac
6. Boucher
7. Zacha
8. Smith-Pelly
9. Bennett
10.Blandisi

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
PHP:
Fiddler on the roof for me!

Well, I guess he's not actually on the roof, he's closer to the floor.

But he's certainly on the roof of the remaining 3!:nod:

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
No love for Kalinin, huh?

I'm planning on voting for him next. Unlike Josefson, last year was his first year in the league. There's still a chance for offensive improvement.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No love for Kalinin, huh?

I'm planning on voting for him next. Unlike Josefson, last year was his first year in the league. There's still a chance for offensive improvement.

I'll definitely be voting him over Josefson, if not just because as you said, last year was his first and there's still a chance for offensive improvement.

I do think Josefson was better last year, though not by much.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Ranking On Roster Forwards #12

Fiddler takes no.11. Now we have the last poll. I'll have the 1st poll up for defensemen soon.

Current List:
1. Hall
2. Cammalleri
3. Henrique
4. Palmieri
5. Zajac
6. Boucher
7. Zacha
8. Smith-Pelly
9. Bennett
10. Blandisi
11. Fiddler

Last edited:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
People actually think a forward that's gonna be on special teams and the shootout will have the 13th most impact on this team? Hilarious

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
People actually think a forward that's gonna be on special teams and the shootout will have the 13th most impact on this team? Hilarious

People actually think that being decent in the shootout makes you valuable in the NHL. Hilarious.

Why don't NHL GMs scout players off of Pavel Barber youtube dangles?

Anyway, fine with either here. Can see arguments for both. Going with the guy that might improve in his 2nd NHL season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad