Final On Roster Forwards Rankings

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Ranking On Roster Forwards

Just Trying Something New:

Vote for (in your opinion the best and most effective Devils forwards) on the board.

I selected 14 forwards (assuming 12 dressed, 2 scratched) that IMO have a legitimate chance at making the lineup. Some choices will be obvious while others will come down to the last vote so I'd truly appreciate each and every vote.

I WILL BE POSTING A NEW AND UPDATED POLL EVERY DAY EXCLUDING THE FORWARD WHO WON THE PREVIOUS POLL.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I feel uncomfortable ranking Zacha and Wood in this poll.

I should hope everyone's 1-5 is pretty much the same, save one or two position swaps. 6-12 is VERY tough depending on how you weigh the factors.

1. Taylor Hall
2. Mike Cammalleri
3. Kyle Palmieri
4. Adam Henrique (dropped due to consistency iddues)
5. Travis Zajac
6. Devante Smith-Pelly
7. Beau Bennet (dropped due to injury issues)
8. Reid Boucher
9. Vernon Fiddler
10. Joe Blandisi
11. Sergey Kalinin
12. Jacob Josefson

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
First is JJ. Just kidding. It's Taylor Hall. Tomorrow is where this might start getting interesting, though.

I'd vote him last.

I wouldn't really put Wood behind him or in front of him, we don't know enough about him at the NHL or pro level. He's only played one NHL game and a bunch of AHL games.

I would put Zacha ahead of Josefson though, despite also not having met the criteria that Wood has not yet met either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I should hope everyone's 1-5 is pretty much the same, save one or two position swaps. 6-12 is VERY tough depending on how you weigh the factors.

1. Taylor Hall
2. Mike Cammalleri
3. Kyle Palmieri
5. Travis Zajac
6. Devante Smith-Pelly
8. Reid Boucher
9. Vernon Fiddler
10. Joe Blandisi
11. Sergey Kalinin
12. Jacob Josefson

Good enough.

I think I would swap Boucher and DSP though. Agree completely with the rest, although I'd like to put Blandisi in front of Fiddler. I'd LIKE to, but I'm not sure I can just yet.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'd vote him last.

I wouldn't really put Wood behind him or in front of him, we don't know enough about him at the NHL or pro level. He's only played one NHL game and a bunch of AHL games.

I would put Zacha ahead of Josefson though, despite also not having met the criteria that Wood has not yet met either.

I'd probably vote JJ last, too. I was just poking fun at JJ. :naughty:

Group Chat Legend*

This is the order I would pick that team

Hall, Henrique, Palmieri, Cammalleri, Zajac, Boucher, Smith-Pelly, Bennett, Zacha, Kalinin, Fiddler, Wood, Blandisi

Dont think Blandisi should be in the NHL yet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the order I would pick that team

Hall, Henrique, Palmieri, Cammalleri, Zajac, Boucher, Smith-Pelly, Bennett, Zacha, Kalinin, Fiddler, Wood, Blandisi

Dont think Blandisi should be in the NHL yet

Come on man, Wood over Blandisi? Don't think Blandisi should be in the NHL yet? Fine.

I don't disagree with that too much, but why should Wood be in the NHL yet? What makes you think he should be in the NHL and not Blandisi?

Group Chat Legend*

Come on man, Wood over Blandisi? Don't think Blandisi should be in the NHL yet? Fine.

I don't disagree with that too much, but why should Wood be in the NHL yet? What makes you think he should be in the NHL and not Blandisi?

Because I liked the look from Blandisi and think he could use a year in the AHL working on his skating and balance. He has the tools. Wood on the other hand hasn't gotten much look on NHL ice right? Ill be honest I dont know how many games he has, if any. Thats why Im okay giving him a chance.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Good enough.

I think I would swap Boucher and DSP though. Agree completely with the rest, although I'd like to put Blandisi in front of Fiddler. I'd LIKE to, but I'm not sure I can just yet.

If Fiddler scores 0 points this year, I'm sure he'll still make tangible contributions to the team in terms of faceoffs, defensive zone play, PK, locker room leadership, checking, etc. I can't say the same about Blandisi. If he's not scoring, he's not doing anything, and the 2nd half of last season he had a REALLY hard time scoring. He has his work cut out for him.

Same with Boucher vs. DSP, I just don't know which Boucher I'm getting. If it's last season Boucher where he scored like a madman in the AHL and kept producing up here I'll be happy. If it's the Boucher that didn't look comfortable his first few stints and went quiet for long stretches, then I'll take DSP. I know he'll at least bring speed and physicality, even if his scoring dries up like many of us expect it will.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
1. Hall
2. Cammalleri
3. Henrique
4. Palmieri
5. Zajac
6. Boucher
7. Smith-Pelly
8. Fiddler
9. Bennett
10. Kalinin
11. Josefson
12. Blandisi

that's my list for now. Bennett and Blandisi can definitely move up if they show something this year.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

1. Taylor Hall
2. Mike Cammalleri
3. Kyle Palmieri
5. Travis Zajac
6. Devante Smith-Pelly
8. Reid Boucher
9. Vernon Fiddler
10. Joe Blandisi
11. Sergey Kalinin
12. Jacob Josefson

without a doubt top 5 the same for all

although you could shuffle it around and perhaps ding a spot or 2 for camms due to his 60 odd games he will play …..then again, there was this write up from yesterday so, hmm? :dunno:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/devils-mike-cammalleri-finally-anxiety-injury/

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That someone (troll-)voted Fiddler cracked me up more than it should have.

tumblr_m0193u4FSL1qecp9ao1_250.gif

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
Ranking On Roster Forwards #2

I decided to end day 1's voting early, as most of us knew Taylor Hall would win in a landslide

I also removed Miles Wood from the poll due to lack of NHL experience and odds to crack the roster.

Please let me know if you guys would like me to remove Zacha from the next poll due to his inexperience despite him having a great chance to crack the lineup.

Current list
1. Hall

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Went with Rico. Consistently produces a lot of points relative to this team in a season even if his consistency on a night to night basis varies. Considered either Cammy or Kyle for this spot as well.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Voted Cammy. Henrique still takes some nights off to me. Not a huge issue but I think it costs him maybe 5 points a year. Considered Palms here but I still want to see another year of success like the one he just had.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Voted Cammy. Henrique still takes some nights off to me. Not a huge issue but I think it costs him maybe 5 points a year. Considered Palms here but I still want to see another year of success like the one he just had.

Pretty much this.

Camm is going to miss some games for you, it's very rare that he's not effective when he's in the lineup. When he's on the ice he's money in the bank.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I also went with Palmieri.

Cammalleri certainly is the second most skilled and second most dynamic forward we have, but he just isn't reliable injury-wise. For that reason, he can't be the second most important forward to the team.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Went with Rico.

Someone said he takes some nights off, but (unfortunately) Cammy takes 40 games off, and although I love Palms, Rico does it at center, in all situations at both ends of the ice.

Without Cammy - we survive (heck, we're without him for 20+ games every year).
Without Palms... well, it's ugly, but we survive.

If I'm to pick one forward that I'd be really upset to lose - it's Rico.

Now, if it is pure scoring we're after: Cammy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00