Final On Roster Forwards Rankings

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Went Blandisi. Find it more likely that someone get's hurt giving Blender a chance then Bennett stays healthy a makes an impact.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
ha, yeah, he's not actually signed at the moment.

Still hope they find a way to squeeze him in though.

I'd be fine with Elias coming back assuming he feels up to it and everything. I think he could be a good mentor for Zacha and he still has skill and smarts. If he doesn't come back as a player, I hope some role in the organization can be found for him if he wishes it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm almost scared to give an opinion on Blandisi, he's going to be impossible to predict. In 8 months he could be a 60 point player or out of the league.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm almost scared to give an opinion on Blandisi, he's going to be impossible to predict. In 8 months he could be a 60 point player or out of the league.

Well he's kind of probably not in the league to start this season. He's still a prospect, and even if a bad season, which I can't see him not doing fairly well in Albany, will continue to be one going into next season.

And I doubt the 60 point possibility this year.

I hear you on the wide swing, but I don't see the results being as sudden.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think both Zacha and Boucher will be better than Blandisi (and Zacha will continue to be better than Blandisi in the future; what happens with Boucher and Blandisi in the future is more up in the air). Blandisi seems to be more talented than DSP. I'm not sure how that will translate into this year.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Odds that Pavel Zacha makes the team? And if so where does he fit? Haha curious because no one has touched in my fantasy draft and I have room for a keeper. Thanks :)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm still not sold on Blandisi. He looked pretty good for stretches, but it's such a limited sample size who really knows. He could just as easily end up being just a good AHL player as he could be an NHL regular.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm still not sold on Blandisi. He looked pretty good for stretches, but it's such a limited sample size who really knows. He could just as easily end up being just a good AHL player as he could be an NHL regular.

But he did having a pretty impressive overage season for Barrie, then was a notch below a ppg for Albany.

So I think there is more to judge him on then just his time with NJ.

Not that I am completely sold on him either. And it's mostly the mental side of the game, which could very well be just a matter of maturity.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Odds that Pavel Zacha makes the team? And if so where does he fit? Haha curious because no one has touched in my fantasy draft and I have room for a keeper. Thanks :)

The odds are pretty high that he makes the team unless he has a really rough go at camp, but Shero's and Hynes' comments in interviews very much make it sound like they envision Zacha on the Devils this upcoming season. Where he slots is harder to predict, unfortunately, but I guess it would fluctuate between second and third line, and probably with PP time. That would be my current best guess, anyhow.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
More seasoning for Blandisi in Albany would probably be a good thing. He could stand to mature his game a tad, but I am pretty confident that he is an NHL caliber player, though how good remains to be seen.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
The odds are pretty high that he makes the team unless he has a really rough go at camp, but Shero's and Hynes' comments in interviews very much make it sound like they envision Zacha on the Devils this upcoming season. Where he slots is harder to predict, unfortunately, but I guess it would fluctuate between second and third line, and probably with PP time. That would be my current best guess, anyhow.

Awesome! Much appreciated

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm not sure if people are honestly voting Josefson or just troll voting him :laugh:

To be fair, there's not really much of a difference between any of these options. Bennett can't stay healthy, Blandisi is still a prospect, Fiddler and Kalinin are nice fourth liners, but won't have much impact elsewhere. Josefson might actually be the most reliable/impactful player in this group.:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To be fair, there's not really much of a difference between any of these options. Bennett can't stay healthy, Blandisi is still a prospect, Fiddler and Kalinin are nice fourth liners, but won't have much impact elsewhere. Josefson might actually be the most reliable/impactful player in this group.:laugh:

Out of the remaining guys, the only one I might vote Josefson over is Kalinin. I'd probably pick Kalinin, if not for the fact that he has maybe a higher ceiling as of now. But I could certainly back Josefson over him. They're both the same age and I really didn't think Kalinin was better than Josefson last year. There's potential that Kalinin gets better with another year of experience in North America, whereas I think we've seen the best of Josefson. Maybe we've seen the best of Kalinin too, but I'd sooner give him the benefit of the doubt.

I could back Josefson over Fiddler, in the case that Fiddler is old and could fall off this season. If we get the Blandisi we got the last 20 games, I think there's really not much of a difference between the two. Both were terrible at offense and Josefson has the defensive and possession edge. I think Bennett when healthy is absolute better than Josefson.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I'm not sure if people are honestly voting Josefson or just troll voting him :laugh:

Well Boucher came in 6th place so I'd say this whole thing has been troll voted

Yea, this post about Boucher makes 0 sense.

I do find it hysterical seeing the very same people that say Josefson shouldn't sniff 3rd line minutes voting for him as a top 9 forward. And before anyone tries the position argument, he would be the 3rd center in this top 9.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Probably because we don't know if he'll be back.

probably because he isn't a member of the current New Jersey Devils?

Yet Zacha & Blandisi are both in the poll, despite no guarantees they're even on the opening night roster.

Latest indication we have is that Elias is still going to try to make the team & if he's healthy enough to make it, he's a top 9 forward.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Yet Zacha & Blandisi are both in the poll, despite no guarantees they're even on the opening night roster.

Latest indication we have is that Elias is still going to try to make the team & if he's healthy enough to make it, he's a top 9 forward.

Zacha and Blandisi are both signed, and it's pretty clear that Zacha will be on the team this year unless he has a really rough outing at camp. Blandisi is more up in the air, and that's probably why he hasn't gotten many votes thus far.

Elias hasn't been re-signed yet. Until he is re-signed, people can't really rank where he'll be in terms of impact.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Yea, this post about Boucher makes 0 sense.

I do find it hysterical seeing the very same people that say Josefson shouldn't sniff 3rd line minutes voting for him as a top 9 forward. And before anyone tries the position argument, he would be the 3rd center in this top 9.

I don't think too many people are taking this as seriously as your post suggests, but you could in theory be playing a line back and still be better than some of the options ahead of you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad