Final four all star vote results announced

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
huh?

yup...[mod] lol
As I said... Gio will likely win the Norris... so again that is more important than an ASG nomination to a NHL marketing gimmick game.
[mod] I'm glad that Gio isn't wasting 4 days going to the ASG when he could be on a warm beach somewhere getting lots of rest and a tan. The guy is 35 years old. A 9 day mid season vacation will do him a world of good.
I'm also happy that Drai got the nomination. I doubt he'll ever win any awards during his career. He's good but not elite... which is what you usually have to be to win an award. You guys done good. Glad to see that he'll finally get a chance to be in the spotlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hilarious Draisaitl made it over Giordano but I guess Oilers fans don't have much to look forward to so at least they got that. Must've taken the full effort of every fan and Edmonton citizen to slide Draisaitl in instead of Gio but its good Edmonton is making at least something out of their otherwise embarrassing season

On the bright side, just means more rest for our top guys

Oilers fans > Flames fans I guess?

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Thanks! Oiler fans have always stood by their team. Flames fans couldn’t even be arsed to take ten seconds out of their day to vote for their player. Your team might be better but your fan base sucks.

Another congratulations for winning a voting contest for the NHL all star game. Really depicts how great your fan base is!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oilers fans > Flames fans I guess?
Or Flames fans are just looking at the big picture which Oiler fans really don't have to be concerned about since most of their players will be golfing on April 7.

Congrats on voting Draisaitl in as the last man. Its a nice win for Oiler fans. Its been a tough season so far.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Keith Yandle / Jimmy Howard are going to the all star game, but players like Giordano / Marner / Point / Riellly are not going. The all star game should have the best players there, not having one representative from each team going.

The game should definitely have a representative from each team.

It's an event aimed at kids. You gotta give those kids who have a favorite team someone to cheer for, even if their team isn't that good.

End of year all star team is where you make the actual choices.

Reactions: bukwas

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
As I said... Gio will likely win the Norris... so again that is more important than an ASG nomination to a NHL marketing gimmick game.
Not salty at all. What is there to be salty about? I'm glad that Gio isn't wasting 4 days going to the ASG when he could be on a warm beach somewhere getting lots of rest and a tan. The guy is 35 years old. A 9 day mid season vacation will do him a world of good.
I'm also happy that Drai got the nomination. I doubt he'll ever win any awards during his career. He's good but not elite... which is what you usually have to be to win an award. You guys done good. Glad to see that he'll finally get a chance to be in the spotlight.
that's quite the prediction
maybe he'll win an award at 35 like Gio "likely" will

and who cares who makes the All-star game...as I said, both are worthy

some Flames fans are bitter the Oilers fans voted Drai in before Gio is all

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So if the Oilers squeak in, which they very well could, does that put to rest all of the "our team is in the playoffs and yours isn't" coming from the Flames faithful here?

Or does it just turn into "yeah but our team is better cause it wasn't a wildcard"?

Honest question.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
The game should definitely have a representative from each team.

It's an event aimed at kids. You gotta give those kids who have a favorite team someone to cheer for, even if their team isn't that good.

End of year all star team is where you make the actual choices.
Absolutely. When i was a kid it was a big deal to see one of my teams players in the allstar game

Reactions: Mez

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
LOL at all the whining over Skinner getting in instead of yet more Leafs.

You guys really think the 2nd leading goal scorer in the league (and #1 in even-strength goals) doesn’t deserve to be in?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
LOL at all the whining over Skinner getting in instead of yet more Leafs.

You guys really think the 2nd leading goal scorer in the league (and #1 in even-strength goals) doesn’t deserve to be in?

I don't really see any leaf fans whining... I don't think most care. Good for buffalo to have something to look forward to but all star stuff is garbage. Have never watched and never will.

Funniest part of all this is the bickering between oil and flames fans. Lmao they both need help.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
that's quite the prediction
maybe he'll win an award at 35 like Gio "likely" will

and who cares who makes the All-star game...as I said, both are worthy

some Flames fans are bitter the Oilers fans voted Drai in before Gio is all

I suspect some are. I'm not. It was a voting contest which had nothing to do with the value of the player. Oiler fans won a meaningless contest for a meaningless accolade that's further devalued by the fact that each of the 31 teams has to have a representative in the ASG. This is a nothing award.

A much more prestigious award or accolade is being named, at the end of the season by PHWA reps, to the NHL 1st or 2nd All Star Teams. I guarantee you that Draisaitl will not make either of those teams. Gio very well could.

Past winners for the last 5 seasons:

2013–14:
First All-Star Team

Jamie BennSidney CrosbyCorey Perry
Duncan KeithZdeno Chara
Tuukka Rask

Second All-Star Team
Joe PavelskiRyan GetzlafAlexander Ovechkin
Shea WeberAlex Pietrangelo
Semyon Varlamov

2014–15:
First All-Star Team

Alexander OvechkinJohn TavaresJakub Voracek
Erik KarlssonP. K. Subban
Carey Price

Second All-Star Team
Jamie BennSidney CrosbyVladimir Tarasenko
Drew DoughtyShea Weber
Devan Dubnyk

2015–16:
First All-Star Team

Jamie BennSidney CrosbyPatrick Kane
Drew DoughtyErik Karlsson
Braden Holtby

Second All-Star Team
Alexander OvechkinJoe ThorntonVladimir Tarasenko
Brent BurnsKris Letang
Ben Bishop

2016–17:
First All-Star Team

Brad MarchandConnor McDavidPatrick Kane
Brent BurnsErik Karlsson
Sergei Bobrovsky

Second All-Star Team
Artemi PanarinSidney CrosbyNikita Kucherov
Victor HedmanDuncan Keith
Braden Holtby

2017–18:
First All-Star Team

Taylor HallConnor McDavidNikita Kucherov
Victor HedmanDrew Doughty
Pekka Rinne

Second All-Star Team
Claude GirouxNathan MacKinnonBlake Wheeler
P. K. SubbanSeth Jones
Connor Hellebuyck

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Nope, he’s a quivering coward.

Not sure you have the high ground here, considering Drai wouldn’t step up to that “quivering coward” for slew footing him.

I’ll save you typing out your rebuttal.....

“That slew footing f*** deserved it. Drai doesn’t need to fight pieces of shit like that. He’s to valuable to the Oilers. Fighting a plug is beneath him”!

Or something to that effect, right?

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
I’m pretty sure it’s been proven over and over that McDavids points stay relatively the same away from Drai. The same can’t be said about Drai. Not even close actually.
that's because mcdavid get's the only thing resembling "good" wingers. Drai get's a guy who literally hasn't a scored a goal yet this season.

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
My gripe with the all star game has less to do with the players and more so the skills competition.

If there are other players (not originally selected) they should do their skill or whatever it is - similar to how the Olympic track/swimming events are.

Wish I could see a rematch of the fastest skater between McDavid and Point :(

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure you have the high ground here, considering Drai wouldn’t step up to that “quivering coward” for slew footing him.

I’ll save you typing out your rebuttal.....

“That slew footing **** deserved it. Drai doesn’t need to fight pieces of **** like that. He’s to valuable to the Oilers. Fighting a plug is beneath him”!

Or something to that effect, right?
Tkachuk never stepped up when Davidson asked after slew footing him, why should draisaitl?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I would have thought all of Toronto would have showed up to voting so I am surprised. Huh.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I suspect some are. I'm not. It was a voting contest which had nothing to do with the value of the player. Oiler fans won a meaningless contest for a meaningless accolade that's further devalued by the fact that each of the 31 teams has to have a representative in the ASG. This is a nothing award.

A much more prestigious award or accolade is being named, at the end of the season by PHWA reps, to the NHL 1st or 2nd All Star Teams. I guarantee you that Draisaitl will not make either of those teams. Gio very well could.

Past winners for the last 5 seasons:

2013–14:
First All-Star Team

Jamie BennSidney CrosbyCorey Perry
Duncan KeithZdeno Chara
Tuukka Rask

Second All-Star Team
Joe PavelskiRyan GetzlafAlexander Ovechkin
Shea WeberAlex Pietrangelo
Semyon Varlamov

2014–15:
First All-Star Team

Alexander OvechkinJohn TavaresJakub Voracek
Erik KarlssonP. K. Subban
Carey Price

Second All-Star Team
Jamie BennSidney CrosbyVladimir Tarasenko
Drew DoughtyShea Weber
Devan Dubnyk

2015–16:
First All-Star Team

Jamie BennSidney CrosbyPatrick Kane
Drew DoughtyErik Karlsson
Braden Holtby

Second All-Star Team
Alexander OvechkinJoe ThorntonVladimir Tarasenko
Brent BurnsKris Letang
Ben Bishop

2016–17:
First All-Star Team

Brad MarchandConnor McDavidPatrick Kane
Brent BurnsErik Karlsson
Sergei Bobrovsky

Second All-Star Team
Artemi PanarinSidney CrosbyNikita Kucherov
Victor HedmanDuncan Keith
Braden Holtby

2017–18:
First All-Star Team

Taylor HallConnor McDavidNikita Kucherov
Victor HedmanDrew Doughty
Pekka Rinne

Second All-Star Team
Claude GirouxNathan MacKinnonBlake Wheeler
P. K. SubbanSeth Jones
Connor Hellebuyck
I didn't see any flames on there, can you point em out. Saw a couple oilers though.

Reactions: Del Preston

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I didn't see any flames on there, can you point em out. Saw a couple oilers though.
You are correct. No Flames. As to the Oilers I only see one. Connor McDavid who was named to the All Star Team in 2017 and 2018, and rightly so. Did I miss someone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad