Final four all star vote results announced

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Lots of great talent but not enough room for everyone especially since every team needs a representative. Congrats to the last 4 who got voted in. They have all had great seasons so far.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Tanger has been awesome on both ends. He deserves in. Honestly, he deserves Norris talk.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Keep chirping, we aren't all that far out of a playoff spot and if we meet in the playoffs it will hardly be an easy series for either team regardless of each teams regular season record.

How many times did all of the Flames fans whining in this thread vote? I voted 3 different days for Drai, hardly every day, but I did my best to get him in. I also voted for Skinner some of the time and Rielly some of the time. The games themselves are usually pretty boring and I wanted to support my team so sue me.
What?? Your saying that Oiler fans are better than Flames fans isn't chirping?

As to the number of times Flames fans voted, I honestly can't say (although a number of them have said they didn't vote at all because they wanted to give Gio the 9 days off to rest). I was in that group too. Didn't vote. I might have voted if Gio was 25 instead of 35. I think Gio will appreciate the rest more than the 4 day trip to Anaheim.

Don't want to sue you. I'm glad Drai was voted in. One little bright spot in a rather dismal season so far for the Oilers. I look forward to the Flames playing the Oilers post season although to be honest I really don't think your team will make it and after reading comments on your own board it looks like most Oiler fans agree with me.

So in lieu of that, I look forward to the next BoA game on Jan 19 in Edmonton.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lots of great talent but not enough room for everyone especially since every team needs a representative. Congrats to the last 4 who got voted in. They have all had great seasons so far.

That's just it. Ultimately there were numerous players that didn't get in that could've and probably should've. Every team gets a player there or else we might see the east with a very heavy contingent of Leafs, Bolts, Pitt, Washington and Boston contingent and not much else.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
You may want to look at the guy that actually centers his own line down in Calgary.

Pretty sure he’s within 10 points

Edmonton continues to be a tire fire and they are sending two players. One that can’t even Center his own line, over a guy that is the front runner for the Norris.

Yes, each teams deserves representation, for the Oilers it should only be McDavid. Period.

No way in hell Drai “deserves” to be there over Gio.

But these positions are voted in right? I guess when there little else to hope for, getting a guy to the ASG must feel like a big deal?
Must be a testament to the Oilers superior fan base and Edmonton’s population being greater than Calgary.

Reactions: KlefDown

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Oh, I agree. In fact the only reason Im okay with Gaudreau going is to see him play with McDavid.

I’m happy that Gio and Money are staying home and getting some rest.

I only commented because it was mentioned that Drai was the only choice in the pacific. He wasn’t. And I don’t think he “deserves” to be there over other players that are not getting 70% of their points playing with the best player in the world.

Don’t forget about the Oilers world class offensive-minded defencemen and strong winger corps!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What?? Your saying that Oiler fans are better than Flames fans isn't chirping?

As to the number of times Flames fans voted, I honestly can't say (although a number of them have said they didn't vote at all because they wanted to give Gio the 9 days off to rest). I was in that group too. Didn't vote. I might have voted if Gio was 25 instead of 35. I think Gio will appreciate the rest more than the 4 day trip to Anaheim.

Don't want to sue you. I'm glad Drai was voted in. One little bright spot in a rather dismal season so far for the Oilers. I look forward to the Flames playing the Oilers post season although to be honest I really don't think your team will make it and after reading comments on your own board it looks like most Oiler fans agree with me.

So in lieu of that, I look forward to the next BoA game on Jan 19 in Edmonton.

Of course I was chirping when I read crap like what I initially responded to.

Then why worry about it and post in this thread (directed at those that complain and then say they don't want him there anyway)? We have a guy just entering his prime vs. an older player that keeps getting better with age. Truth be told both could use the rest because of what they mean to their teams and the minutes that they play. Gio is one of the Flames that I respect fwiw.

Too early to say, the odds aren't in our favor but Klefbom's return could be huge for us and there have been some signs of life from guys like Lucic and Puljujarvi the last few games so we'll see.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Here's some verifiable stats for you, since 3v3 was introduced in 2015.

Gaudreau

7 goals 9 assists 16 points 72.57 TOI

Monahan

6 goals 5 assists 11 points 72.89 TOI

McDavid

4 goals 6 assists 10 points 81.61 TOI

Draisaitl

4 goals 9 assist 13 points 83.27 TOI

The Flames duo produce goals at a rate of 10.72/60 and points at 22.28/60
The Oilers duo produce goals at a rate of 5.82/60 and points 16.71/60

Oh and the Flames also give up fewer goals against.

The stats don't just verify that the Gaudreau and Monahan are better at 3v3 but that they're WAYYYYY better scoring nearly twice as often and putting up 33% more points.

I didnt read the pages and pages of back and forth, but are you really arguing Gaudreau and Monahan are better then McDavid? I guess I can see your point in using stats against Draisatl, but including McDavid is kind of silly.

No one on the planet should think either of those players are in McDavids universe. 80 minutes of 3 on 3 time be damned. It's more a lesson in the faulty nature of taking small samples, then it is proving your point.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Of course I was chirping when I read crap like what I initially responded to.

Then why worry about it and post in this thread (directed at those that complain and then say they don't want him there anyway)? We have a guy just entering his prime vs. an older player that keeps getting better with age. Truth be told both could use the rest because of what they mean to their teams and the minutes that they play. Gio is one of the Flames that I respect fwiw.

Too early to say, the odds aren't in our favor but Klefbom's return could be huge for us and there have been some signs of life from guys like Lucic and Puljujarvi the last few games so we'll see.
To be honest I think the All Star Game weekend is just a stupid event and I rather the league stop holding it and use those 6 days to fix some of the ridiculous game scheduling because of this and the week off that the league has to give to every team. Way too many 3 games in 4 days throughout the season IMO. Since the league has to invite a minimum of 1 player from each team to this event and the final 4 players are voted in by virtue of a popularity contest and which ever fan base can rally more supporters than the other fan bases... its really a fairly meaningless accolade.
The ASG is strictly a marketing event by the league owners in order to make more money and increase exposure in the USA. Its a big flashy event meant to attract non traditional fans. Nobody remembers who played from year to year (unless its someone like John Scott) and nobody remembers who wins these meaningless games.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
To be honest I think the All Star Game weekend is just a stupid event and I rather the league stop holding it and use those 6 days to fix some of the ridiculous game scheduling because of this and the week off that the league has to give to every team. Way too many 3 games in 4 days throughout the season IMO. Since the league has to invite a minimum of 1 player from each team to this event and the final 4 players are voted in by virtue of a popularity contest and which ever fan base can rally more supporters than the other fan bases... its really a fairly meaningless accolade.
The ASG is strictly a marketing event by the league owners in order to make more money and increase exposure in the USA. Its a big flashy event meant to attract non traditional fans. Nobody remembers who played from year to year (unless its someone like John Scott) and nobody remembers who wins these meaningless games.

If it was simply a popularity contest then why didn't Rielly get in? Toronto has the biggest fanbase in the league. I agree that the hockey itself sucks, glorified shinny.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If it was simply a popularity contest then why didn't Rielly get in? Toronto has the biggest fanbase in the league. I agree that the hockey itself sucks, glorified shinny.
To be honest, I really don't know or understand why Rielly didn't get an invite.
One of the great mysteries of life I guess... like the Bermuda Triangle, do UFOs exist, and how Michael Jordan is able to fly to through the air.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I prefer the good old fashioned Lincoln Log myself.
Ah yes... you have to be of a certain age group to remember those. I remember. I used to have a set... and then as I got older I graduated to a Meccano set. None of this wussy Lego stuff. We used tools.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's not like Leon is playing bad, he's on pace for 100 points and has more points than Pastranak, Ovechkin, Crosby, and Tavares. A guy like Clayton Keller doesn't deserve to go.

Marner, Point, Giordano, Reilly should be there, the 1 player per team format is stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->