Final four all star vote results announced

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Leon Draisaitl is tied for 10th in the league in points with 54, and 3rd in the pacific behind McDavid and Gaudreau. On the ballot there wasn't a single player even 10 pts behind him, he was the clear choice for the pacific division. I agree Marner and Point should be there, but I also agree with the NHL that at least one rep from each team should go.

The all-star week is a showcase, nothing more. And each city deserves a representative, regardless of where they are in the standings
Then don't call it the all Star game. Call it the all team participant game.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You are correct. No Flames. As to the Oilers I only see one. Connor McDavid who was named to the All Star Team in 2017 and 2018, and rightly so. Did I miss someone else?
Hall was third the year ovie was voted for both wings if that counts. Whoops must have been over five years ago

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I can't believe that Mats Zuccarello... was even put on this stupid ballot. Of all the Rangers current top 6, he would've been the least deserving.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Thank you for giving Patrice Bergeron more time off.
I hear you NB. I hear you. Do each of the ASG players get participation medals? If they do I'm sure Patrice will be so disappointed he didn't get one too.

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005
Bro. Your fake news is sad.

You literally lied about verifiable stats. Your credibility is gone.

Here's some verifiable stats for you, since 3v3 was introduced in 2015.

Gaudreau

7 goals 9 assists 16 points 72.57 TOI

Monahan

6 goals 5 assists 11 points 72.89 TOI

McDavid

4 goals 6 assists 10 points 81.61 TOI

Draisaitl

4 goals 9 assist 13 points 83.27 TOI

The Flames duo produce goals at a rate of 10.72/60 and points at 22.28/60
The Oilers duo produce goals at a rate of 5.82/60 and points 16.71/60

Oh and the Flames also give up fewer goals against.

The stats don't just verify that the Gaudreau and Monahan are better at 3v3 but that they're WAYYYYY better scoring nearly twice as often and putting up 33% more points.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Maybe this thread should be locked? This Flames/Oilers feud is getting out of hand lol.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
As a Flames fan, I'm glad that leech Draisaitl is going instead of Giordano.

First, Gio is 35 years old and it is a long, grueling season. The more rest he gets, the better.
Second of all, I'm happy for Drai. Playing for Edmonton, this is the most meaningful game he'll play for the foreseeable future.

Wow....damnnnnn.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
You’re a solid spin master...I’ll give you that. You legitimately believe that last part don’t you.

It's definitely not an equal relationship but McDavid truly enjoys playing with Drai more than anyone else because he's the only guy smart and skilled enough to do things McDavid can see on the ice that literally nobody else can not named RNH. See that tying goal last game against Florida as an example. Or basically every McDavid-Drai goal since nobody seems to watch EDM games (rightfully so) and just come on here and claim McDavid carries Drai which is not remotely close. Drai is an elite player in his own right and if EDM actually had some depth he would be centering his own line and producing at a PPG clip but definitely not the 90-100 pt pace he gets with McDavid.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You’re a solid spin master...I’ll give you that. You legitimately believe that last part don’t you.

McDavid GF/60 with Draisaitl: 4.19
McDavid GF/60 without Draisaitl: 2.35

Anyone who doesn’t believe that last part simply doesn’t understand the game very well and is in need of an education.

McDavid is the better player. Easily. But he’s at his best with Leon Draisaitl.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
If anyone wants to complain about Dr Drai Getting voted in, blame fans league wide. It wasn't just Oilers fans voting for him.

:huh:

Reactions: snipes

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
McDavid GF/60 with Draisaitl: 4.19
McDavid GF/60 without Draisaitl: 2.35

Anyone who doesn’t believe that last part simply doesn’t understand the game very well and is in need of an education.

McDavid is the better player. Easily. But he’s at his best with Leon Draisaitl.

Well good lord...they put him with guys that couldn’t score in a barn of course his numbers are better with Drai. You and me both know it’s not an equal relationship

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
It's definitely not an equal relationship but McDavid truly enjoys playing with Drai more than anyone else because he's the only guy smart and skilled enough to do things McDavid can see on the ice that literally nobody else can not named RNH. See that tying goal last game against Florida as an example. Or basically every McDavid-Drai goal since nobody seems to watch EDM games (rightfully so) and just come on here and claim McDavid carries Drai which is not remotely close. Drai is an elite player in his own right and if EDM actually had some depth he would be centering his own line and producing at a PPG clip but definitely not the 90-100 pt pace he gets with McDavid.

Fair assessment

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Or Flames fans are just looking at the big picture which Oiler fans really don't have to be concerned about since most of their players will be golfing on April 7.

Congrats on voting Draisaitl in as the last man. Its a nice win for Oiler fans. Its been a tough season so far.

Keep chirping, we aren't all that far out of a playoff spot and if we meet in the playoffs it will hardly be an easy series for either team regardless of each teams regular season record.

How many times did all of the Flames fans whining in this thread vote? I voted 3 different days for Drai, hardly every day, but I did my best to get him in. I also voted for Skinner some of the time and Rielly some of the time. The games themselves are usually pretty boring and I wanted to support my team so sue me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad