Prospect Info: Filip Gustavsson (G)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Haven’t felt this sense of calm with a particular goalie in net since.........prime Andy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Its been 2.3 games so far and he has looked like the best goalie we put between the pipes since 2017. Still got to remember his AHL save percentage is somewhere in the .89's. but as a 22 year old goalie you have to be excited of his potential if he develops properly and successfully. We got so many goalie prospects we will likely have 1 maybe 2 starters emerge out of them.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd like to see him maintain this stretch for longer than 2 games against a slumping Flames team before anointing him the goalie of the future when he's fresh off of two sub .890 SV% seasons, but he's been very good.

Goalies are so weird. A year ago Hogberg was winning this team games singlehandedly and routinely making saves a goalie had no business making, but fast forward a season and he's sliding out of his net and can't stop a beach ball.

Have to think there's a #1 goalie in the making between Daccord, the two Swedes, Sogaard, Mandolese and Merilainen.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Its been 2.3 games so far and he has looked like the best goalie we put between the pipes since 2017. Still got to remember his AHL save percentage is somewhere in the .89's. but as a 22 year old goalie you have to be excited of his potential if he develops properly and successfully. We got so many goalie prospects we will likely have 1 maybe 2 starters emerge out of them.

It would be nice to finally have won a trade and also to have developed our own starting goal tender. I don't feel like Gustavsson's current play is an aberration. His fundamentals and his athleticism are the best I've seen in any goalie we've had on this team. He's far more fundamentally sound than Lehner ever was. He has a quiet confident style in our net, and I really enjoy watching him stop pucks.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Every goalie in the NHL and AHL has the ability to look dominant over a handful of games.

Consistency is what makes a goalie great. There just isn't enough of a sample size to know what we really have in Gus and Daccord.

Still nice to see though.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I feel like every week Ottawa will protect a new goalie for the ED, couple months ago it was Murray, last week it was Daccord now this week it’s Gus.
Jeez.
Not Murray. I'm fine with exposing him with that contract. Not sure if even Seattle would want it

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Every goalie in the NHL and AHL has the ability to look dominant over a handful of games.

Consistency is what makes a goalie great. There just isn't enough of a sample size to know what we really have in Gus and Daccord.

Still nice to see though.

Just going by what I've seen. Gustavsson will be the better goalie long term. Daccord is a 1b. Gustavsson is definitely a 1a in the making.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It would be nice to finally have won a trade and also to have developed our own starting goal tender. I don't feel like Gustavsson's current play is an aberration. His fundamentals and his athleticism are the best I've seen in any goalie we've had on this team. He's far more fundamentally sound than Lehner ever was. He has a quiet confident style in our net, and I really enjoy watching him stop pucks.

Im interested to see how he responds after a bad game, he’s had his struggles getting back on track after a bad outing in the past. As you said his fundamentals are strong, his movements are small and precise, I don’t know that I’ve seen him overplay the puck since the call up, he is always square and he’s seeing the puck really well. I don’t know if this is where he establishes himself as a everyday NHLer but it’s giving people an idea of his upside.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Was on the Daccord train - still am. But WOW...

Dude's got poise. Steady as a rock so far. First time since prime Andy I'm not cringinging when there's sustained pressure in our zone. Keep it up Gus.

Reactions: DrEasy and swiftwin

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Its weird that he had such average/bad stats in the lower leagues. Maybe his style/reads are just better suited for the NHL?

anyway, will be interesting to follow, he has been great so far! And he has actually made some nice saves, not just easy ones

Reactions: hn777

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Haven’t felt this sense of calm with a particular goalie in net since.........prime Andy
Replying to myself... remember feeling the same way when Hammond was on fire. Just did not expect pucks to go in.
There was a point last night when it looked like the puck might have gone in and I was almost shocked one got passed him. Nice feeling.

(Although cgy not the best competition. Still a great start)

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Does the Goose have the most upside due to his age and pedigree of where he was drafted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad