Prospect Info: Filip Gustavsson (G)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It’s Game 7 OT of the 2025 Stanley Cup Final. it’s Ottawa verses the Anaheim Ducks where the goal scorer wins the cup for their team.
It’s been a hard found series that has seen Filip Gustavsson and John Gibson playing the best hockey they’ve ever played.
Coming out of the gates everyone is a little nervous and stressed, especially the goalies, you don’t want to be the guy that lost the cup in an overtime game 7.
Anaheim wins the face off back to Drysdale, who skates the out across the blue line, and floats a muffin on net to the glove hand of Gustavsson.
His hand then falls off and Drysdale scores the OT game 7 winning goal for Anaheim.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It’s Game 7 OT of the 2025 Stanley Cup Final. it’s Ottawa verses the Anaheim Ducks where the goal scorer wins the cup for their team.
It’s been a hard found series that has seen Filip Gustavsson and John Gibson playing the best hockey they’ve ever played.
Coming out of the gates everyone is a little nervous and stressed, especially the goalies, you don’t want to be the guy that lost the cup in an overtime game 7.
Anaheim wins the face off back to Drysdale, who skates the out across the blue line, and floats a muffin on net to the glove hand of Gustavsson.
His hand then falls off and Drysdale scores the OT game 7 winning goal for Anaheim.
For reference purposes:

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014

I’m sure it’s mostly a non-issue if he’s made it this far :laugh:

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I really hope we can have our next franchise goalie in the system, the next guy that'll become our all time wins leader and provide stability for a decade. Daccord, Gustovsson, Sogaard, and Merilainen all have a chance to develop really well

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Has a chance to prove he belongs.

Who knows? Maybe he could be the goaltender the Senators protect.

Im rooting for em - youngest goalie with potential in the system.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Gustavsson looked great in that last relief game. His positional strength is very apparent and he also looks quite athletic.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He looks really calm, tracks the puck well and seems to always be in position

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
82Fb18VU41bg6kxD8vOF8jCsZ4Y=.gif

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Great game, felt comfortable all game with him in net.

Regarding his hand thing, I wonder if he has this: Raynaud's disease - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

I have the same thing, though I have it happen to me when it's cold, even sometimes in mild cold temps. I guess stress can also trigger it. It doesn't really affect me but it can be pretty annoying, and to get my circulation going I have to flap my hand around like a weirdo.

Reactions: aragorn

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Is he eligible for the expansion? I've seen enough of him in one game to protect him over Murray.
yup he is... we need to protect one of these?

Murray, Matt26G$6,250,000UFA (2024)
Gustavsson, Filip22G$761,666RFA (2021)
Daccord, Joey24G$750,000RFA (2023)
Högberg, Marcus26G$700,000RFA (2021)
Forsberg, Anton28G$700,000UFA (2021)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
yup he is... we need to protect one of these?

Murray, Matt26G$6,250,000UFA (2024)
Gustavsson, Filip22G$761,666RFA (2021)
Daccord, Joey24G$750,000RFA (2023)
Högberg, Marcus26G$700,000RFA (2021)
Forsberg, Anton28G$700,000UFA (2021)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not sure it makes sense to take one of Ottawa's young goaltenders if we leave a guy like Dadinov, Tierney or CBrown unprotected. But if those guys are protected or traded then I can definitely see it happening. I actually like the idea of leaving Murray unprotected and using our protection to save either Fil the thrill or Daccord, though I highly doubt that is how it plays out.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not sure it makes sense to take one of Ottawa's young goaltenders if we leave a guy like Dadinov, Tierney or CBrown unprotected. But if those guys are protected or traded then I can definitely see it happening. I actually like the idea of leaving Murray unprotected and using our protection to save either Fil the thrill or Daccord, though I highly doubt that is how it plays out.

I don't think we need to protect Daccord. If Gus keeps playing this well, we might protect him. If not, it'll be Murray.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00