OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Good game, Belgium just didnt want to win as much as France did today, they were an impressive team

I don't think that was the case at all. Hard to win when one team gets four Free kicks outside your penalty box while the other team can throw Hazard to the ground four times in a minute right on the penalty area and not get one free kick.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom and 417

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Should have had an additional three minutes there with the garbage display by France. Hope they get reamed 7-0 in the final for their display in the second half along with the corrupt officiating.

Well someone is angry with the win! Our boyz will steamroll any of Croatia or England; France is just a joy to watch play the game soccer.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well someone is angry with the win! Our boyz will steamroll any of Croatia or England; France is just a joy to watch play the game soccer.

They were until they went up a goal and then it was just embarrassing. You can't honestly be proud of everything they did after that. Flopping. Beneficial calls. Blatant time wasting. Not a lick of sportsmanship.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No teams in the history of soccer have wasted time when up late in the second half. Oh the horror. Give me a break.

I've never seen someone pick the ball up from out of bounds and throw it into the middle of the field and start booting it awaym

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
This French team deserves to win WC. I'm still cheering for England or even Croatia though. England has such a long drought, and Croatia is a consistent "not quite elite" but solid second tier team, impressive, considering they're so small. Imagine a unified Yugoslavian side! Handanovic at keeper. Matic, modric in the middle. Dzeko , mandzukic upfront . Cmon, can't we get back together? !

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I've never seen someone pick the ball up from out of bounds and throw it into the middle of the field and start booting it awaym

I have many times. In league play, in Euros and in World Cup. Teams leading in games always waste time if it's by faking injury or doing these tacky things. Belgium did not score one goal and France did. That's the bottom line. EVERY team does this when up late.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Should have had an additional three minutes there with the garbage display by France. Hope they get reamed 7-0 in the final for their display in the second half along with the corrupt officiating.

They need to just stop the clock when players are down or jacking around. I never never ever liked the hidden stoppage time format.

Just doing that will go a long way to speeding up the play and eliminate much of the diving and antics.

Cart 'em off and play on.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Thought he should've gotten a red card for that. That was extremely poor sportsmanship & obvious time wasting. Mbappe's dives were pretty ridiculous too. He played a great game, but ruined it with his childish antics in the last 20 minutes or so.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I have many times. In league play, in Euros and in World Cup. Teams leading in games always waste time if it's by faking injury or doing these tacky things. Belgium did not score one goal and France did. That's the bottom line. EVERY team does this when up late.
I don't know, I've seen players waste time a lot... but I've never seen a guy fake giving the other team the ball, and dribble it to the middle of the field ..ever.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thought he should've gotten a red card for that. That was extremely poor sportsmanship & obvious time wasting. Mbappe's dives were pretty ridiculous too. He played a great game, but ruined it with his childish antics in the last 20 minutes or so.

It's a shame because he made some beautiful plays today but just like Neymar he just embarrassed himself and his country.

And this is where sports allegiances are always sour because people who's team won will never admit that their side was disgraceful in aspects of the game.

I said nothing of France taking their time throwing the ball in. Every side does that when they are up. It's particularly the Mbappe play which was egregious and disgusting. That wasn't taking your time, it was intentional and prolonged and I agree with the person who said it should have been a straight red.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It's a shame because he made some beautiful plays today but just like Neymar he just embarrassed himself and his country.

And this is where sports allegiances are always sour because people who's team won will never admit that their side was disgraceful in aspects of the game.

I said nothing of France taking their time throwing the ball in. Every side does that when they are up. It's particularly the Mbappe play which was egregious and disgusting. That wasn't taking your time, it was intentional and prolonged and I agree with the person who said it should have been a straight red.
I agree if something like that happens in the last 5 min it should be a straight red.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad