Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
anyone taking the time to post on a message board is passionate about their team
that's not weird
I mean, we get angry after a loss too. But you were basically insinuating you guys suck and Skinner is terrible.

I hope it’s a great series honestly. I loved the oilers/stars playoff rivalry from the 90’s

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Always a hoot when guys on a message board talk about if a pro athlete like Benn is tough or not
If you are referring to me I didnt say he wasnt tough. I said he was a spot picker in the Nhl. Im sure he could kick my ass with very little effort. So your gotcha moment is lame.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Benn would never drop thee gloves with Nurse. Benn only fights guys that are not tough

Benn is a notorious "spot picker". Im not saying he has NEVER fought anyone tough. Im saying he usually avoids it like the plague. Sometimes when you play like Benn you have no choice but to fight a tougher guy.

I will. I stand by my original point. IMO he is a "spot picker" in the nhl. Agree with me or not I couldnt care less
:laugh:

You misspoke and even admitted to it. Keep doubling down though.

Or maybe you just don't know what the word "only" means...

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
:laugh:

You misspoke and even admitted to it. Keep doubling down though.

Or maybe you just don't know what the word "only" means...
OMG. You are sooooo right! Wow good for you! I wasnt clear enough in my writing by using 1 wrong word. I feel soooo foolish now! Go take your giant gotcha moment and buy yourself a trophy.
My original point still stands though. He is a spotpicker

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
No but you can't brag about beating such a great defensive team and casually ignore that they were missing a stud goalie
Silovs was excellent and is seemingly a stud goalie himself. Goaltending was a substantially greater issue for Edmonton than it was Vancouver.

Reactions: Macheteops

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Silvos played great. But Demko is a guy who can steal a series when healthy.

It'd be like if a team beat the mighty Oilers offense but Drai was injured. Bragging about beating a great offense would be disingenuous

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
They run with a narrative that Demko wouldn't have played as good as Silovs or better .
Would he have?

He had just recovered from an injury in the regular season and was now dealing with a completely new one. Was the expectation for Demko to come back and suddenly outplay Silovs in the most important games of the year?

Silvos played great. But Demko is a guy who can steal a series when healthy.

It'd be like if a team beat the mighty Oilers offense but Drai was injured. Bragging about beating a great offense would be disingenuous
But Demko has never stolen a series, has he?

He’s outstanding, but coming off two injuries and expecting him to be head and heels superior to Silovs at the most crucial time of year is delusional.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Would he have?

He had just recovered from an injury in the regular season and was now dealing with a completely new one. Was the expectation for Demko to come back and suddenly outplay Silovs in the most important games of the year?

But Demko has never stolen a series, has he?

He’s outstanding, but coming off two injuries and expecting him to be head and heels superior to Silovs at the most crucial time of year is delusional.
I'm not saying he would've. Just that it's a little ridiculous to be pounding your chest about beating a top defensive team when they were missing their best defensive player, and the series still went to 7

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They run with a narrative that Demko wouldn't have played as good as Silovs or better .
Who knows how he would have played. But with some of the 10 bell saves Silovs was making, it’s likely Demko reinjures himself trying to cover for Tocchets horrific and exposed defensive system.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad