OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...Litterally my four favorite teams going into this tournament. I did call BEL-CRO as the final somewhere here, and the biggest hurdle to that final is probably France. That side is really, really starting to gel.

Reactions: Redux91 and Amerika

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
France & Belgium the most talented teams at this World Cup from top to bottom, happy to see they're in the final 4, but would of preferred to see them in a final.

No slight to Croatia and England...2 excellent sides, Croatia doesn't get enough credit for how much quality they have and Southgate really has England humming right now.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Belgium
France
England
Croatia. But I really, really like Croatia actually. I might just cheer for the whole duration of both SF's.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That France-Belgium game has gotta stir up some strong feelings in the Old Country. It's like cousins fighting in the Civil War. Well, not really but you get my meaning.

France vs England is due to happen anyway. Now watch Croatia win it all. :thumbu:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I badly want Croatia to win.

How often a nation of 5M can actually win the world cup? That would be quite impressive.

Hasn't happened since Uruguay, would also like to see one of those non-traditional nations lift the trophy. However I like all remaining teams so don't really care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amerika

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I badly want Croatia to win.

How often a nation of 5M can actually win the world cup? That would be quite impressive.

That's what makes it interesting. Belgium and Croatia might face each other in Finals. Two countries with a golden generation in their prime with some very good depth to go along the obvious stars, and both very unlikely to make it to the finals at any other point in the future.

Belgium and Croatia population totals about 15 millions. Unless I got my numbers or countries wrong, every other single country that made it to the WC Finals since 1962 had a bigger population than 15 millions.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Best team France has put up since 1998. The 2006 team was all Zidane and the generation with Benzema, Nasri etc. was a farce.

Right now I would rank France's generational teams like this:

France 1996-2001
France 1982-1986
France 2016-present.

This generation can leap frog the 80's team by doing what the 1982 and 1986 teams couldn't. Win a World Cup.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Best team France has put up since 1998. The 2006 team was all Zidane and the generation with Benzema, Nasri etc. was a farce.

Right now I would rank France's generational teams like this:

France 1996-2001
France 1982-1986
France 2016-present.

This generation can leap frog the 80's team by doing what the 1982 and 1986 teams couldn't. Win a World Cup.

The two stars are really going to mess up the aesthetics of the FFF logo.

230px-Equipe_de_France_de_football_Logo.png

Real talk, where does the second star go? Even numbers look stupid.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I am a quarter French and cheered for them all of my life in big events (WC, Euros). I was too young in 1998, gutted in 2002 and 2006, indifferent in 2010 and hopeful after 2014.

This is by far the most complete team they've assembled since Euro 2000 yet to win major tournaments you need a great team (obviously) but a fair amount of luck. I remember France needing extra time to beat Portugal in the Euro 2000 SF then needed a last second goal by Wiltord to force extra time and ultimately beat Italy in that final. Also in 1998 they needed a golden goal to get by Paraguay in the R16 and beat Italy in PK in the QF. Also how gutting it was to dominate Portugal in the 2016 Euro final but losing. It is really hard to win these tournaments.

This is why this team CANNOT take for granted being one win away from the World Cup Final. It is very hard to get this far (even for great teams). No one remembers who loses in the semis or in the finals. Time to win it boys.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Lol for a star? ..they dont accommodate the star into the logo ..... they accommodate the logo to the stars, no messing around lol

I was thinking earlier if brazil won it how the hell theyd arrange the 6 star setup... its a problem a country would LOVE to have lol

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Can they put it opposite of the current star?
That's an odd placement in any case BUT this one.

Other solution : North-West/North-East.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I have France and Croatia in the finals, but Belgium could take it all and it wouldn't surprise me. Really difficult choice to make between France and Belgium.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lol for a star? ..they dont accommodate the star into the logo ..... they accommodate the logo to the stars, no messing around lol

I was thinking earlier if brazil won it how the hell theyd arrange the 6 star setup... its a problem a country would LOVE to have lol

Can they put it opposite of the current star?
That's an odd placement in any case BUT this one.

Other solution : North-West/North-East.

I was thinking you could put the second star inside the first star without messing up the aesthetics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad