OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wish I care a little bit more about the World Cup. As of now I just see diving, awful reffing and whining. Like if Boston fielded a soccer team.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I wish I care a little bit more about the World Cup. As of now I just see diving, awful reffing and whining. Like if Boston fielded a soccer team.

You clearly didn't watch it Lol

the most entertaining WC of all time and I'm far from being a France fan.

Reactions: jaffy27

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Grew up around a couple Balkans (Serbian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Croatian) and let me tell you they don't take defeat well, extremely competitive and are for the most part the sorest losers :laugh: not a tiny bit surprised by his comment.

As for Lovren, that's like the 3rd final he lose in a row? I understand his pettiness.

But France were the better team.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well, you're right about that. They capitalized on FIFA's tolerance for blatant diving and incompetent officiating.

Going into the final game I leaned in Croatia's favour because I liked how they played and not because they were the underdogs. I've witnessed many heartbreaking losses by Italy. The day my son was born in 1994 they lost to Brazil and that was probably the most painful loss in my life (and one of the happiest days) but it was acceptable because it was a fair match. And the feeling for that loss pales in comparison to what I felt yesterday for a team that I have no allegiance whatsoever except they play beautiful football.
Yes....only France capitalized on diving and incompetent refereeing.....Croatia never dived once, never embellished and their games were called fully in favour of their competition throughout the entire tournament.

I swear some posters need to go take a vacation

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yes....only France capitalized on diving and incompetent refereeing.....Croatia never dived once, never embellished and their games were called fully in favour of their competition throughout the entire tournament.

I'd prefer they didn't. Keep that salt train rollin'!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
They need to bring their tablets with them and post from the resort lol

I did that 3yrs ago by the pool when I was in cancun with the ex wife.....let’s just say she was not pleased :laugh:

Lol. We may have been in Cancun at the same time. I don't remember witnessing any messy divorces, though.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If you take the provincial view and are referring simply to this hockey forum, yes I am. If you scour the comments from various sports network, no, I'm not.

It's not because things are said on a sports network that those things automatically makes sense.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Lol. We may have been in Cancun at the same time. I don't remember witnessing any messy divorces, though.
She became the ex like 2 yrs later....I just got the “I hope you’re not chatting with your stupid internet friends right now”.....

My answer was “of course not honey, why would I do such a thing” as I delete the page off my phone lol

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's not because things are said on a sports network that those things automatically makes sense.
You realize the same thing can be said about this forum or anything you say. And it wasn't one sports network. It was quite a few. I actually avoided watching any commentary until Monday except for the broadcast of the game and was surprised by the reaction.

Anyway, FIFA was caught in a major international scandal just three years ago. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to this organization.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

The subtext of your post is yes everything you claim did happen so what?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You realize the same thing can be said about this forum or anything you say. And it wasn't one sports network. It was quite a few. I actually avoided watching any commentary until Monday except for the broadcast of the game and was surprised by the reaction.

I can say the same thing about what you're saying.
... And at least, I'd be accurate.

France Derangement Syndrome is real.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The subtext of your post is yes everything you claim did happen so what?

La France a été supérieure. Plain and simple. And if I was Deschamps, I would quit and sign a MEGA contract with a pro team. His actual value as a coach is through the roof. Let the MNT to Zidane, as it was rumoured to go to this fall.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
La France a été supérieure. Plain and simple. And if I was Deschamps, I would quit and sign a MEGA contract with a pro team. His actual value as a coach is through the roof. Let the MNT to Zidane, as it was rumoured to go to this fall.

I want Deschamps to stay and finish the job by winning the Euro in 2020. They will have the best team in the tournament and only getting better with guys like Dembélé and Rabiot being more prominent. Also...Mbappé is only freaking 19 years old, Pogba only 25, Kante 27, Greizmann 27 etc.

This French team was the only pre-tournament favorite to get better and better as the tournament went on. They trailed for a total of 7 minutes (in the R16 match vs Argentina) and scored 3 goals in like 10 minutes to erase that. They were methodical and deadly on the counter. This group has the potential to be the best generation ever for France.

Reactions: lo striver

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I want Deschamps to stay and finish the job by winning the Euro in 2020. They will have the best team in the tournament and only getting better with guys like Dembélé and Rabiot being more prominent. Also...Mbappé is only freaking 19 years old, Pogba only 25, Kante 27, Greizmann 27 etc.

This French team was the only pre-tournament favorite to get better and better as the tournament went on. They trailed for a total of 7 minutes (in the R16 match vs Argentina) and scored 3 goals in like 10 minutes to erase that. They were methodical and deadly on the counter. This group has the potential to be the best generation ever for France.

I have Argentinian neighbours. I've never met them, but game day was like this...

giphy.gif

France need to lose Giroud and Matuidi and they'll be unstoppable.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I have Argentinian neighbours. I've never met them, but game day was like this...

giphy.gif

France need to lose Giroud and Matuidi and they'll be unstoppable.

Giroud was pivotal for that attack. They worked well as a 3 man unit. He’s a great ball distributor and decoy.

Matuidi was good too but in two years could probably be replaced by Tolisso in the starting XI. Still, he’d only be 33 in two years so I doubt they make changes.

Rabiot I love and is probably a starter for any other team in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->