OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
habs are not playing hockey this year. the tank is on! lose for hughes!!

The year the Habs have a real good shot at finishing last the top pick weighs 30 lbs less than smurfy David Deharnais. :(

Domi, Hughes and Gally would be the smallest line ever.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Interesting to see how warmly Macron and the French athletes greet each other (even smooches Mbappe on the head!): I could not envision that happening between Trump and African-American athletes.

He might try it with Miss Universe contestants however, but it would not be reciprocated by the contestants...

Meanwhile, the Croatian leader seems to have the hots for him. :naughty:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Interesting to see how warmly Macron and the French athletes greet each other (even smooches Mbappe on the head!): I could not envision that happening between Trump and African-American athletes.

He might try it with Miss Universe contestants however, but it would not be reciprocated by the contestants...

The Miss Universe contestants may throw up though.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Deschamps' coaching performance strikes me as masterful (subbing Kante at 55', after his yellow card, took guts, not to mention a deep team), especially how he weaved the talented young players into leading positions on the team. The polar opposite of how Empty (MT) used to do things. Wonder if we can get him interested in coaching hockey :skeptic:.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Modric REALLY deserved the award , and it is fitting that he was prevented from winning the final by his teammate at real ...Raphael Varane. They were the clean cut best players on the field today and I hope they will get the recognition they deserve for doing virtually all the dirty work at Real Madrid. I hate real madrid but I admire those two. Varane man of the match in my book. The amount of crosses he dealt with, the tackles, the first pass... its insane.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Allez Les Bleus!

Modric REALLY deserved the award , and it is fitting that he was prevented from winning the final by his teammate at real ...Raphael Varane. They were the clean cut best players on the field today and I hope they will get the recognition they deserve for doing virtually all the dirty work at Real Madrid. I hate real madrid but I admire those two. Varane man of the match in my book. The amount of crosses he dealt with, the tackles, the first pass... its insane.

Quietly one if france's best players the whole way

Reactions: lo striver

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If Croatia had won, would they have been the smallest nation ever to be champions?

I know Uruguay won twice, and both nations are in that 4 million range.

Edit: apparently Uruguay had less than 2 million people when they won many decades ago.

Last edited:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I wouldn't say quietly albeit somewhat unsung. But les Bleus have a juggernaut defense, which shut out Belgium's near-3-goal-a-game juggernaut offense. Varane, along with that back line and the likes of Pogba and Kante, had everything to do with that. Without Lloris' brain fart, they would have conceded only 1 today. In the absence of Italy this World Cup, les Bleus morphed into the Catenaccio, with Varane in the starring role.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's no secret I'm of portuguese decent. I thought the turnout was pretty impressive as we locked down a portion of St Laurent for most of the night when we won the euro but the turnout for the french is something else. They've taken over most of St Denis street and they're still piling out in droves like an army from mont royal metro! Pure craziness! At least I'm wearing a blue shirt! When in Rome... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: lo striver

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Benzema as well.

Benzema's a bum-ass loser-ass bum, glad he was left off.

I told you all that the logo looks stupid with 2 stars. They need to win another one now.

Y5N5wE_9_400x400.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad