OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Because it’s deathly hot in Qatar in the summer.

ie today in Doha it is 46 degrees Celsius.
Makes sense but I thought all of their stadiums were going to be air conditioned or something like that.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Direct sunlight in that part of the world is crushingly, oppressively hot. Doha has a UV index of 12. Mediterranean cities typically have a UV index of about 8. It's hard to keep your eyes open if you don't have sun glasses.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Benzema's a bum-ass loser-ass bum, glad he was left off.

I told you all that the logo looks stupid with 2 stars. They need to win another one now.

Y5N5wE_9_400x400.jpg

Benzema the blackmailer.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Well actually it seems French peeps aren't interested in my part of Saint-Laurent, so I'm just happy my team won

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Well actually it seems French peeps aren't interested in my part of Saint-Laurent, so I'm just happy my team won

Racial Slur they all on St Dennis street or at the tam tams. Get your ass on over there. Tons of cute fremch girls!!

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I wouldn't say quietly albeit somewhat unsung. But les Bleus have a juggernaut defense, which shut out Belgium's near-3-goal-a-game juggernaut offense. Varane, along with that back line and the likes of Pogba and Kante, had everything to do with that. Without Lloris' brain fart, they would have conceded only 1 today. In the absence of Italy this World Cup, les Bleus morphed into the Catenaccio, with Varane in the starring role.

did not particularly like Hernandez and Pavard defensively speaking, although both showed promise going forward, which is another reason why Varane must be commanded. He was the rock in there ... I'll check the stats later but the amount of crosses he defended is out of this world. Funny you mentioned italy, I was saying to a friend how varane's performance tonight was even better than cannavaro in the 2006 final imho.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I wonder how many guest workers from Bangladesh have been killed building those stadia. I heard they were barely more than slave contracts. It just shows that the new egghead at FIFA is as corrupt as the old ones.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Don't forget that Qatar 2022 will be held in November & December.

what a shit show.

from the bribe to get it.... to the nepali/sri lankan/ bangladesh & indian workers used as ''modern day slaves'' dying building the infrastructures.

I hope countries would boycott it, because taking part in that tournament is like giving them your blessing.

here is a decent read. Situation is just ridiculous.

Qatar's World Cup workers are not workers, they are slaves, and they are building mausoleums, not stadiums

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
what a **** show.

from the bribe to get it.... to the nepali/sri lankan/ bangladesh & indian workers used as ''modern day slaves'' dying building the infrastructures.

I hope countries would boycott it, because taking part in that tournament is like giving them your blessing.

here is a decent read. Situation is just ridiculous.

Qatar's World Cup workers are not workers, they are slaves, and they are building mausoleums, not stadiums

Thanks for the link. I've read before how bad things are for the people building these stadiums before. But this one was the most detailed one.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Final homage to Neymar, I am sure there are hockey dives as well but this link was pretty funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad