FIFA / FM Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I've never played Fifa so whatever kind of special version of Chris Smalling and Richarlison that is up there that makes them better players than Neymar, van Dijk, Rijkaard and Laudrup turn Messi into an 150 out of 100? :laugh:

Maybe it's the same special version that FM20 uses where William Carvalho is a 150 rated player.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
News on FIFA 21 set to start:

Whats on your wishlist's for this years game?

I usually go to EA play every year so its sad that they're not having it because of Covid. There's a lot of things wrong with the game.

Gameplay: I don't know exactly what they need to do, but there needs some serious balancing fixes. My fear is that because everyone was complaining about the smaller, high agility, high balance, high dribbling that it will take a major swing toward the opposite spectrum with the bigger stronger players focusing on strength. There's no reason you can't have both.

Career mode: Where do I even start? The whole game mode needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. The youth set up is atrocious, the scouting system sucks, the negotiations suck and its so basic, the loan system is terrible, the prices for players are significantly under valued, international management is useless.

Another thing that bothers me is the big teams have unrealistic results. I saw someone on twitter earlier today doing an RTG as Forest Green and he had over a 100 points in the Championship and didn't get automatic promotion because the 3 teams ahead of him also had well over a 100 points. That just doesn't happen.

Now as a wishlist, I'd like all of the things I mentioned fixed. Other things that I would like, I'd like to be able to create a team and build/upgrade a stadium which would only be for create team. They have this ability in Madden and in NHL so there's no reason they can't do it for FIFA.

Ultimate Team: They need a separate game mode for the objectives or just have all the objectives in friendlies because its absolutely ridiculous for having all objectives in Rivals. Forcing players to do ridiculous objectives in a hyper competitive game mode is stupid and not fun. The stuff you had to get the Osihmen and Odegard future star cards wasn't hard, but it was annoying. With these objectives it forced everyone to self relegate themselves in order to compete against easier players to get the players. That's a major issue.

One thing they can do fix objectives is sort of how they did with milestones this year is have a goal to achieve and to make it more broad rather something so hyper specific. So like what Modern Warfare season 4 added which is calling cards for specific guns which was like 500 kills or 500 headshots in order to receive this calling card. So you could having something like score X amount of goals and assists using Real Madrid players or something along those lines to finish before the season ends. So make it a grind and not something that makes you want to pull your hair out and break your controller.

I'd like to see divisions come back and something to do where you don't have to wait until every Thursday to get your rewards.

Also would like to have more in depth stats for your players rather than just games played, goals and assists. It was fun tracking the stats of my players during weekend league to see who was performing well and who wasn't.

If it were up to me, get rid of packs altogether, but that's not likely to happen.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pes is fantastic in terms of gameplay.
Rest is horrible.
Career mode is awful, including the fact a 17 year old Patrick Vieira starts for France as soon as this year.

It's just awful because it seems like it's the easiest thing to fix and they don't.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Grinding Summer Heat Mendy right now. Got his 89 version today...but getting the 93 will take some time. Thankfully in the first game I got an assist and goal from him, and then a rage quit. Quick and easy to get the shutout objective. Thank goodness.

I'm still playing FUT because I don't really have a ton else to do right now...and believe it or not I still enjoy it.

Picked up TOTY De Ligt who fits in super nicely on defense.

If I continue to play I could see perhaps slotting in Mendy as a LB, but then I'd probably want to pick up Blanc or Desailly. I dunno. My team's basically complete now. Not sure what to reach for next.

Squad.JPG

Regarding FIFA in general...

The gameplay this year is...meh. It's better than 19 for sure. It's certainly got its problems. Fixing crossing/heading would help with a bunch of them. It would give so many more options for attacking players that park the bus. It would give bigger, stronger players more value. But they can't go too far or we have the issue we had a few years ago with corners being hilariously overpowered. Keepers also need to be better. Near post goals shouldn't happen nearly as often as they do.

FUT is fun, in my opinion. And it's a massive moneymaker for EA. It's not going anywhere. You don't need to spend money to get a good team. I dropped $100 on it for EPL TOTS. I didn't get anything of value and won't do it again.

Rivals is...fine. I like the Seasons, and Objective Cards are nice. I really like the grinds like we had with Future Stars and now this Mendy. I feel like each Season should have 1/2 of these. They should also add more Milestones. Early in the year I really enjoyed playing with the different Premier League players to get Trossard.

I admit I get frustrated at hell with Objectives, and they have to find a way to fix it. I think the "Do X Task and Win" ones are the worst...so removing them is a start. Maybe give all objective cards the option to be done in Squad Battles, but at a higher difficulty level or require more games/goals or something. An objective mode wouldn't do much good in my opinion. The sweatfest in Rivals would just move to Objectives. I personally think friendlies are a waste of time.

Maybe bring back tournaments? They were fun a few years ago. Could be interesting with these player grinds. Make it like draft rewards. 1 win you get the lowest rated objective card, 2 you get a slightly higher version and so on. Have some sort of compromise for players unable to win the 4 games consecutive...maybe 10 wins overall or something.

One of the big reasons Rivals sucks is all the people dropping divisions to complete objectives. Make it so that either the objectives require less games at the higher levels...or only let players drop one division per week or something. I dunno exactly how to fix it...but it's awful.

Despite the frustrations though, I liked the Icon Swaps and Player Objectives. I think they make it easier for a more casual player to get some good cards, without having to sink hundreds of hours or dollars into the game. They just need to be tweaked.

Career mode...man. There's so much they could do with this mode. I wish they'd bring player/manager back. You should have the ability to create a club and slot them into the bottom division and work your way up the leagues.

Kit creation would be nice as well. For those created teams maybe you get a choice of sponsors/kit makers. But even beyond that for actual clubs. It'd be nice if you could change your kit once a year instead of keeping it the same every year. They would probably have to keep the makers and sponsors the same...but we should be able to customize them.

Stadium creator would be fun too. FIFA 20 had...92 real stadiums and like 30 generic ones. But being able to create your own would be spectacular. Madden had stadium customization in like 05. It would be so nice.

I'm a little OCD and I hate seeing Crown Lane and Ivy Lane for every single game in the lower English leagues. I actually go through at the start of my career mode and at least give the stadia their proper name.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The number of games that you have to play in order to get good rewards is absolutely insane.

However, ultimate is not going anywhere as it's a money grabbing machine and EA loves it. We have to accept that all other game modes are three steps behind in the priority order and most likely not getting any updates. If you want a career mode, do yourself a treat and get Football Manager

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Career mode...man. There's so much they could do with this mode. I wish they'd bring player/manager back. You should have the ability to create a club and slot them into the bottom division and work your way up the leagues.

Kit creation would be nice as well. For those created teams maybe you get a choice of sponsors/kit makers. But even beyond that for actual clubs. It'd be nice if you could change your kit once a year instead of keeping it the same every year. They would probably have to keep the makers and sponsors the same...but we should be able to customize them.

Stadium creator would be fun too. FIFA 20 had...92 real stadiums and like 30 generic ones. But being able to create your own would be spectacular. Madden had stadium customization in like 05. It would be so nice.

Agree with all of this! I would love the ability to create a club and all the things that go into a new club!

Personally I would love to see the Western hemisphere get more beef in career mode. Add the CPL, CONCACAF CL, CONCACAF League, Canadian Champoinship, USL, etc. Basically make it more fleshed out and viable as a career option. They took steps in the right direction in South America but it's not on the level of depth that I would like to see.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The number of games that you have to play in order to get good rewards is absolutely insane.

However, ultimate is not going anywhere as it's a money grabbing machine and EA loves it. We have to accept that all other game modes are three steps behind in the priority order and most likely not getting any updates. If you want a career mode, do yourself a treat and get Football Manager
Yeah Fifa points made up 11% of EA's sales last year. Just f***ing fifa points. It's f***ed up.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah Fifa points made up 11% of EA's sales last year. Just f***ing fifa points. It's f***ed up.
It is ridiculous.

I truly wish they made it a separate game altogether. It is so frustrating to see EA drop shitty gamea every year but have all these development on the FUT side.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think I will not ever drop any more money on FIFA.

Time to go PES for gameplay and FM for actual proper "career mode"

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That is freaking insane. I must confess I did drop a couple hundred in FUT back in 2017 but since then I realized that it is not more about football it is becoming a gambling game for kids. I have not drop a penny since then into that shitty mode. This year was the pinnacle of frustration. The fans wanted a revamped career mode and threatened to not purchase the game. EA in panic made a marketing push to release a new "updated" career mode. But now we all can see that it is basically the same shit but with shitty cinematics. Now I know EA does not care about the fans and the game just about the $.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That is freaking insane. I must confess I did drop a couple hundred in FUT back in 2017 but since then I realized that it is not more about football it is becoming a gambling game for kids. I have not drop a penny since then into that shitty mode.
I know that loot boxes have been popular lately, but it’s telling that most games have made it very apparent that any money you spend will be purely cosmetic except for EA.
And loot boxes to get cooler looking stuff is fine because you know it won’t have an affect on your in game performance and you know what you’re spending you’re money on.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Time to go PES for gameplay and FM for actual proper "career mode"

I played a bit of PES this year and I just could not get emerged in the game. Not enough licensed teams and I found the game play felt clunky. I'm sure the game play would feel better over time, I just lost interest early on into playing it.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Grinding Summer Heat Mendy right now. Got his 89 version today...but getting the 93 will take some time. Thankfully in the first game I got an assist and goal from him, and then a rage quit. Quick and easy to get the shutout objective. Thank goodness.

I'm still playing FUT because I don't really have a ton else to do right now...and believe it or not I still enjoy it.

Picked up TOTY De Ligt who fits in super nicely on defense.

If I continue to play I could see perhaps slotting in Mendy as a LB, but then I'd probably want to pick up Blanc or Desailly. I dunno. My team's basically complete now. Not sure what to reach for next.

View attachment 350672
Regarding FIFA in general...

The gameplay this year is...meh. It's better than 19 for sure. It's certainly got its problems. Fixing crossing/heading would help with a bunch of them. It would give so many more options for attacking players that park the bus. It would give bigger, stronger players more value. But they can't go too far or we have the issue we had a few years ago with corners being hilariously overpowered. Keepers also need to be better. Near post goals shouldn't happen nearly as often as they do.

FUT is fun, in my opinion. And it's a massive moneymaker for EA. It's not going anywhere. You don't need to spend money to get a good team. I dropped $100 on it for EPL TOTS. I didn't get anything of value and won't do it again.

Rivals is...fine. I like the Seasons, and Objective Cards are nice. I really like the grinds like we had with Future Stars and now this Mendy. I feel like each Season should have 1/2 of these. They should also add more Milestones. Early in the year I really enjoyed playing with the different Premier League players to get Trossard.

I admit I get frustrated at hell with Objectives, and they have to find a way to fix it. I think the "Do X Task and Win" ones are the worst...so removing them is a start. Maybe give all objective cards the option to be done in Squad Battles, but at a higher difficulty level or require more games/goals or something. An objective mode wouldn't do much good in my opinion. The sweatfest in Rivals would just move to Objectives. I personally think friendlies are a waste of time.

Maybe bring back tournaments? They were fun a few years ago. Could be interesting with these player grinds. Make it like draft rewards. 1 win you get the lowest rated objective card, 2 you get a slightly higher version and so on. Have some sort of compromise for players unable to win the 4 games consecutive...maybe 10 wins overall or something.

One of the big reasons Rivals sucks is all the people dropping divisions to complete objectives. Make it so that either the objectives require less games at the higher levels...or only let players drop one division per week or something. I dunno exactly how to fix it...but it's awful.

Despite the frustrations though, I liked the Icon Swaps and Player Objectives. I think they make it easier for a more casual player to get some good cards, without having to sink hundreds of hours or dollars into the game. They just need to be tweaked.

I'm a little OCD and I hate seeing Crown Lane and Ivy Lane for every single game in the lower English leagues. I actually go through at the start of my career mode and at least give the stadia their proper name.

I was watching a Nepenthez video talking about the Mendy objective and I think he's right about a lot of things. The objective part about playing 10-12 rivals matches with Real Madrid and French players, I've got no issues with that. But for the 93 Mendy those are ridiculous given where we are in the year when the new game will be out in 3 months time and the fact that there are other quality LBs available.

I think for Rivals they could implement temporary bans of like an hour or if you forfeit a certain number of matches in a certain period of time to prevent de-ranking. But this only works if they adjust the kind of objectives needed.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I was watching a Nepenthez video talking about the Mendy objective and I think he's right about a lot of things. The objective part about playing 10-12 rivals matches with Real Madrid and French players, I've got no issues with that. But for the 93 Mendy those are ridiculous given where we are in the year when the new game will be out in 3 months time and the fact that there are other quality LBs available.

I think for Rivals they could implement temporary bans of like an hour or if you forfeit a certain number of matches in a certain period of time to prevent de-ranking. But this only works if they adjust the kind of objectives needed.

Eh...I know this contradicts what I said above but for a card like this, arguably the best LB in the game...I don't mind the grind for the 93 Mendy. I don't love it...but I'd hate if they made it too easy to obtain the card.

Temporary bans would be a start. I really don't know what they can do though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He doesn't though. The 5 to start to get FUTMAS Mendy, and the ones I mentioned above.

The rest were just play the game and complete a few challenges, but they didn't require wins.
No to get the 93 rated Mendy you had to win 20 games. Aka in the challenges there were 20 of them that had win requirements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad