FIFA / FM Thread

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well I screwed up... But didn't get screwed. So I'm not thrilled with my rewards... But not unhappy either.

I accidently claimed my WL rewards before my Pack. Option 1 was Soyunchu/Wan Bissaka/Gomis. Grabbed Wan Bissaka. Option 2 was all Saudi guys so I grabbed Gomis. He'll be okay fodder.

But then I was concerned about my guaranteed player. I packed Robertson... Which is someone I already had. But I got him off the market, so I should be able to get 100% back, and maybe a bit on top.

Edit: Sold him for 355K. That's a nice 45K profit.

To make me feel even better in my two Mega Packs I got TOTS Allison and a Saudi TOTS.

I'll almost for sure keep Allison, but may throw him into an SBC later on. Either way that's a big win.

Got Kovacic with my red pick. Pretty decent for where I finished, but I didn't like him in the one game I used him so he'll probably go into a future sbc

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got Trent out of my PL TOTS pack and then cleared out my club with the premier league upgrade and got AWB so not too bad.

I couldn't sleep last night so I finally paid attention to the PL Upgrades. Did that and the Gold Upgrades and cycled through about 250 players.

Got Richarlison and Kovacic... So I'm thrilled.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Damn what a pull in Richarlison.

He's a beast. I was skeptical at first because I thought he was 3* skill moves... But nope. 4* with a 5* weak foot.

I've had to change up my formation quite a bit with these pulls... Here's what I'm rolling with this weekend.
Screenshot_20200508-164700.png

I haven't played a two striker setup much this year... But I'm enjoying it so far. Laudrup drops into a False 9 and Richarlison gets in behind.

I love Litmanen despite him being a 3* skill move guy. He always seems to be in the right spot and his finish is deadly.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Need some help with my lineup. Not sure who to purchase.

I tend to prefer a wide offensive formation.

Forwards - 97 TOTS Mohammed Salah (Untradeable), 89 Sergio Aguero (tradeable), 88 Sadio Mane (tradeable), 86 Storyline Daizen Maeda (untradeable), 85 SBC Juan Camillo Hernandez (untradeable)

Midfield - 89 SBC TOTS Christian Guanca (untradeable), 88 UCL Rare Marco Reus (untradeable), 88 Paulo Dybala (tradeable), 86 LM Angel Di Maria (untradeable), 85 TOTS Ronan Curtis (tradeable), 84 Wilfried Ndidi (Tradeable), 84 Giorgino Wjinaldum (untradeable)

Defence - 87 Mats Hummels (untradeable), 87 UCL Rare Toby Alderwerild (untradeable), 87 Concacaf Mena, 85 TOTS Matty Cash (Untradeable), 84 Jerome Boetang (tradeable) 83 TOTS Al Ghannam (untradeable)

Goalies - 90 M-A ter Stegan (untradeable), 88 Hugo Lloris (untradeable)

What formation would you suggest? Any player suggestions?

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Need some help with my lineup. Not sure who to purchase.

I tend to prefer a wide offensive formation.

Forwards - 97 TOTS Mohammed Salah (Untradeable), 89 Sergio Aguero (tradeable), 88 Sadio Mane (tradeable), 86 Storyline Daizen Maeda (untradeable), 85 SBC Juan Camillo Hernandez (untradeable)

Midfield - 89 SBC TOTS Christian Guanca (untradeable), 88 UCL Rare Marco Reus (untradeable), 88 Paulo Dybala (tradeable), 86 LM Angel Di Maria (untradeable), 85 TOTS Ronan Curtis (tradeable), 84 Wilfried Ndidi (Tradeable), 84 Giorgino Wjinaldum (untradeable)

Defence - 87 Mats Hummels (untradeable), 87 UCL Rare Toby Alderwerild (untradeable), 85 TOTS Matty Cash (Untradeable), 84 Jerome Boetang (tradeable) 83 TOTS Al Ghannam (untradeable)

Goalies - 90 M-A ter Stegan (untradeable), 88 Hugo Lloris (untradeable)

What formation would you suggest? Any player suggestions?

I've always liked a 4-4-1-1 with a Striker and CF. It's nice and wide, and you can use Mane's and Salah's speed.

I'll take a look at the squad... How many coins do you have at your disposal.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
I've always liked a 4-4-1-1 with a Striker and CF. It's nice and wide, and you can use Mane's and Salah's speed.

I'll take a look at the squad... How many coins do you have at your disposal.

Thank you for taking the time to reply,

Currently not much right now, I have around 45k.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Thank you for taking the time to reply,

Currently not much right now, I have around 45k.

Based on the players you currently have and your budget...I'd probably go with something like this.
Squad.JPG

4-4-1-1 gives you the nice wide formation, with the opportunity for Mane and Salah to make runs down the wings. Aguero's a solid striker...but he's slow, so I'd put a Hunter on him to help with his pace. Dybala's good as a CF because of his high dribbling. I'd probably put a Hawk on him to help boost his pace and shooting.

Your CBs and GK are solid. If you want to use them (and they are solid, so nothing wrong with that), you'll want to get a LB and RB that work. These guys run about 20,000 each...so that's pushing it. Getting Ozil (2,000 or so) for Wijnaldum is helpful because he'll boost Reus to 10 Chem.

I always struggle with hybrid squads, and typically lean towards one league. I hate having anyone on less than 10 Chem. It's certainly doable, I've just never been great at it.

Salah and Mane are two studs, and worth building a team around. But their nationalities DO make it tougher to do a hybrid.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Based on the players you currently have and your budget...I'd probably go with something like this.
View attachment 345525

4-4-1-1 gives you the nice wide formation, with the opportunity for Mane and Salah to make runs down the wings. Aguero's a solid striker...but he's slow, so I'd put a Hunter on him to help with his pace. Dybala's good as a CF because of his high dribbling. I'd probably put a Hawk on him to help boost his pace and shooting.

Your CBs and GK are solid. If you want to use them (and they are solid, so nothing wrong with that), you'll want to get a LB and RB that work. These guys run about 20,000 each...so that's pushing it. Getting Ozil (2,000 or so) for Wijnaldum is helpful because he'll boost Reus to 10 Chem.

I always struggle with hybrid squads, and typically lean towards one league. I hate having anyone on less than 10 Chem. It's certainly doable, I've just never been great at it.

Salah and Mane are two studs, and worth building a team around. But their nationalities DO make it tougher to do a hybrid.

Wow thanks a lot! Extremely helpful.
What is your team looking like?

Edit: My bad missed your post directly above mine Lol

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Well just had my best weekend league yet...19-11.

Really good overall.

Think I'm gonna save for Neymar as a CAM... Gonna take a while but with Richarlison there's a really nice link there. Hopefully once Ligue 1 TOTS comes out his other cards drop in price.

Screenshot_20200510-174727.png

Speaking of Richarlison... He was a monster for me this weekend. Love the card.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well just had my best weekend league yet...19-11.

Really good overall.

Think I'm gonna save for Neymar as a CAM... Gonna take a while but with Richarlison there's a really nice link there. Hopefully once Ligue 1 TOTS comes out his other cards drop in price.

View attachment 345729

Speaking of Richarlison... He was a monster for me this weekend. Love the card.

That is a terrifying team...jeeze!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Did better this weekend than last week getting gold 3, but now I'm fearing my favorite 4-1-2-1-2 narrow formation is hindering me. I've gotten a lot better defending, but I'm really struggling to break teams down even with Aguero and Lewandowski up top. I think I have to go back to a formation with wingers, but I've really hated using winger formations this year plus I don't have any good wingers in the club.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Fut 21 Icon wish list

I think it would be cool if they implemented at least 5 players from the major nations with several legends (Argentina, Brazil, France, England, Italy and Germany) at least 3 from other great markets (Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Uruguay), 1 from the rest.

All though Spain belongs in the top group in terms of market size, there isn't many legends. Iniesta, Casillas, Ramos, Pique still play as well.

Argentina
Diego Maradona
Javier Zanetti
Alfredo Di Stefano
Daniel Passarella
Juan Sebastien Veron

Germany
Franz Beckenbauer
Fritz Walther
Lothar Mattheus
Miroslav Klose
Gerd Muller

Brazil
Pele
Ronaldinho
Ronaldo
Garrincha
Zico
Socrates

France
Zinedine Zidane
Thierry Henry
Michel Platini
Patrick Viera
Lillian Thuram
Laurent Blanc

Italy
Maldini
Del Piero
Fabio Cannavaro
Andrea Pirlo
Baresi
Baggio

England
Bobby Charlton
Bobby Moore
Peter Shilton
David Beckham
Alan Shearer
Gary Lineker
Michal Owen

Netherlands
Arjen Robben
Johan Cruyff
Ruud Gullit
Marco Van Basten
Dennis Bergkamp

Spain
Xavi
Carlos Puyol
Emilio Butragueno
Maybe: David Villa

Portugal
Eusebio
Luis Figo
Ricardo Cavalho

Uruguay
Diego Forlan
Schiaffino
Luis Cubilla

Other Nations
Russia - Lev Yashin
Northern Ireland- George Best
Hungary - Feranc Puskas, Sandor Kocsis
Romania - George Hagi
Chile - Elias Figueroa
Finland - Jiri Litmanen
Denmark - Peter Schmeichel
Czech Republic - Petr Cech, Peter Nedved
Croatia - Davor Suker
Liberia - George Weah
Bulgaria - Hristo Stoichkov
Georgia - Georgi Kinkladze
El Salvador - Magico Gonzalez

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've given up on this game. I'm going backwards when everyone else is getting better. I'm not having fun, the game sucks and I'm just torturing myself every weekend. It was a good ride while it lasted.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I've given up on this game. I'm going backwards when everyone else is getting better. I'm not having fun, the game sucks and I'm just torturing myself every weekend. It was a good ride while it lasted.
I got there in like December/January haha. I just sink my coins into a draft whenever I get the itch to play and after a few games I'm basically done.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I lost the drive for FUT in 2018. Since then I have just played career mode; saves both time and stress.

Getting your weekends back is a great feeling ;)

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I have never played more FM then I have during this lockdown lol. Won the champions league with a taken over Newcastle with the help of an ungodly Turkish regen.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Career mode was the reason I got back into FIFA 4 years ago, but much like the NHL series it was getting neglected and getting boring game after game. Decided to give FUT a try this year and fell into the abyss. I was proud of what I did, but once Team of the season came out it was over for me.

Unless I see some massive improvements in the gameplay and in career mode this year, FIFA is going to go the wayside for me like the NHL series.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Career mode was the reason I got back into FIFA 4 years ago, but much like the NHL series it was getting neglected and getting boring game after game. Decided to give FUT a try this year and fell into the abyss. I was proud of what I did, but once Team of the season came out it was over for me.

Unless I see some massive improvements in the gameplay and in career mode this year, FIFA is going to go the wayside for me like the NHL series.

For sure, the mode itself does not have much going for it anymore. The thing I find with FIFA though, is the game play can be mixed up enough to keep it interesting; whereas offline modes in NHL the game play gets boring really quick. Also with an 82 game season it's much more of a grind if you actually want to play the games. I find Eastside Hockey Manager is a much better option got offline NHL simulation, so I just stick with that.

Now that I'm off of playing FIFA and have been for a while I won't buy until there is a fix. I also don't care for the updates rosters like I once did. If I really feel the need to play I can just go back and play an older title.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018

PES 2020 Master League with option files! As long you don't play on Xbone.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

I hit Gold 2 (barely) again this weekend. Really hoping to get there for Ligue 1. Even though I run a PL squad I could easily change it.

FUT usually starts dying down for me this time of year. TOTS is fun for the rewards, but I think it's a natural ending point for a lot of players.

This year is different as I stopped playing from basically November to March. I'm more into it than I probably ever have been. Lockdown certainly is a part of that too.

Really excited for FUT next year... I've grown a lot in understanding how to build squads this year.

Wish career mode was better. Still miles above NHL, but doesn't hold a candle to Road to the Show or NBA.

Ooh a Road to the Show could be interesting... Starting as an academy player or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad