FIFA / FM Thread

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not sure to be fair. I haven't played in a few years.

Just love the depth in the pro mode.

I also haven't played them in a while, but I believe they have started to lean to much on micro-transactions.

They were great games though a couple years ago.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I wish they expanded on Pro Clubs, its features even lag behind NHL. At minimum, let you create your own stadium, similar to NHL; unlock shells and customize colors, unlock stadium chants, etc... Also better jersey customization. Any why they removed close up goal celebrations from Pro Clubs is beyond me.

Also, let you customize your strategy before the match.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got Gold 2 again this weekend. Getting it pretty consistently now. Gotta stop playing on Saturdays though...I always do badly. I think it's a combination of servers being terrible and the fact that the "good" players typically play their games on Saturday.

Started 6-1 on Friday, but ended Saturday at 7-6.

For the first time I recorded my gameplay. I'll go through and cut out highlights and post it if anyone cares to see it. I'm far from the best...but scored a few nice goals this weekend. I wish I was more of a possession player, but I get impatient and give the ball away too frequently. Most of my goals are definitely on the counter attack.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
For those who care:

I'm like the opposite of your play stayle. I controlled games with like 55-60% possession. The issue that I was running into before I stopped playing is that I was having a hell of a time breaking teams down. Sometimes I wish I could play more of the counter attacking style, but it just felt comfortable to me to hold onto the ball. But what you're doing seems to be working to score goals.

You probably already know this, but you bring your keeper of his line more often than you should.

Your duo of Richarlison and Laudrup is lethal and I'm jealous of it.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'm like the opposite of your play stayle. I controlled games with like 55-60% possession. The issue that I was running into before I stopped playing is that I was having a hell of a time breaking teams down. Sometimes I wish I could play more of the counter attacking style, but it just felt comfortable to me to hold onto the ball. But what you're doing seems to be working to score goals.

You probably already know this, but you bring your keeper of his line more often than you should.

Your duo of Richarlison and Laudrup is lethal and I'm jealous of it.

Yeah I wasn't playing well at all defensively this weekend...keeper in particular. I'm usually much more reserved with it but got easily frustrated in a middle stretch.

Absolutely love my strikers. Laudrup isn't "end game" but frankly I don't care. He does really, really well for me and he's fun to play with.

There were a couple games this weekend where I did play more of a slow build, possession game. I'll say when those result in goals they are very satisfying. But I just don't find the open space consistently enough.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Changed up the squad a little bit for this weekend.

Got Smalldini in my Reds and he's a nice enough link to Wan Bissaka. Also got Manolas tradeable and made enough profit off of him to get Moments Son.

Now the only attacker I have without 5 star weak foot is Laudrup.

Upgraded Van Dijk to Moore... he was cheap and got Smalling full chem, He's as good as Van Dijk, but not substantially better.

Finished 18-11. Gold 2 again. Here be highlights:
Squad.JPG

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Should I buy FIFA 20 for 13 dollars, or should I stay strong and wait to see if FIFA 21 makes career mode and game play better?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Should I buy FIFA 20 for 13 dollars, or should I stay strong and wait to see if FIFA 21 makes career mode and game play better?

Are you only doing career mode or are you doing both career mode and ultimate team? If its just for career mode I think you're getting a good deal for it right now.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Are you only doing career mode or are you doing both career mode and ultimate team? If its just for career mode I think you're getting a good deal for it right now.

It would just be career mode. At this point in the life cycle of the game I'm not going to invest much in Ultimate team; I would load it up for the sake of seeing my loyalty rewards from the last however many years I have played the mode.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It would just be career mode. At this point in the life cycle of the game I'm not going to invest much in Ultimate team; I would load it up for the sake of seeing my loyalty rewards from the last however many years I have played the mode.
Depends how often you’ll play it. I play career mode all the time so $13 is definitely worth it.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I'm not expecting much in terms of gameplay or career mode improvements for FIFA 21 so I don't think you can go wrong with the current deal going on right now.

Reactions: robertmac43
Sep 19, 2008
So they can freely allocate player movement but the AI won't fire coaches? It's 2032 in my save game playing in the Premier League and Klopp still Liverpool manager / Emery still Arsenal manager / PEp still city manager/ Pocchetino still Spurs manager etc

I dont' know how this irritates me so much but it does. It's not possible with the turnover in soccer coaching. Not every coach is going to end up like SAF :laugh:

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I've never played Fifa so whatever kind of special version of Chris Smalling and Richarlison that is up there that makes them better players than Neymar, van Dijk, Rijkaard and Laudrup turn Messi into an 150 out of 100? :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I've never played Fifa so whatever kind of special version of Chris Smalling and Richarlison that is up there that makes them better players than Neymar, van Dijk, Rijkaard and Laudrup turn Messi into an 150 out of 100? :laugh:
There's just themes in ultimate team that give players upgrades. The most recent was team of the season, so those players got big upgrades to their stats. Doesn't necessarily mean that they think Richarlison is better than Neymar or Messi.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
News on FIFA 21 set to start:

Whats on your wishlist's for this years game?

No FUT! Money grabbing mode and boring to death.

The career mode has been a joke since ever... I don't have high hope again this year.

FIFA has probably the worst development team in the world for a game with that budget/revenue. Now that I work in that industry it is more than obvious.

They do f*** all but manage to pile up cash because of teenagers wasting their money on FUT. Actually it is outrageous how much money this franchise make by releasing crappy products from year to year. They don't even have incentive to improve the core gameplay because whatever they do they will still be making tons of money.

I am seriously considering purchasing PEV moving forward.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad