FIFA / FM Thread

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
No to get the 93 rated Mendy you had to win 20 games. Aka in the challenges there were 20 of them that had win requirements.

I mean... I suppose technically. The 5 to get FUTMAS Mendy didn't have any other conditions, so if you're playing the game, it's hard to count that.

And the others you could in theory double up on and get it done in as little as 14 Games. Clean Sheet, Goal, and Assist can all be done at once.

Sep 19, 2008
Working on my Canadian World Cup save, beat Germany 6-1 yesterday in group play. Loew is still the German manager in 2032 as well as all the EPL managers being the same :laugh: Hopefully the next FIFA allows managers to change clubs

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Made some pretty massive changes to my Ultimate Team this week. Finally decided to give the 4-2-3-1 a go...I normally love a 2 striker formation and was concerned I'd feel like I had less options on the attack. Thankfully, I don't feel like it's much of a downgrade, as my CAMs are much more involved than my RM/LM were on the 4-1-2-1-2. Plus, I bring my fullbacks forward, overlapping my CDMs. Works really well and my defense is sooooo much better than it used to be.

Squad 1.png

Mendy was too good to keep out of the starting XI, and with Sarr being an affordable SBC, it made sense to change up the whole defense. Selling De Ligt allowed me to buy both Marquinhos and Lala. I also sold Neymar. Could never really get used to him...didn't really like his lack of strength on the ball.

My rotation squad is also quite nice...and I don't notice a huge drop in quality when playing with this one.

Squad 2.png

I haven't decided how I feel about Firmino yet. Bruno Fernandes is great though...worth the grind. I've considered moving Firmino in for Son or Moura...but I don't love how he feels. The 5 star skills are nice, but I don't do many skill moves that need 5*. Elastico is about it. And Son and Moura's shot I just find better and more consistent.

Next purchase will be Moments Ballack, as he'll replace Rijkaard on the main team, and Rijkaard will replace Kovacic, which gives me a bit more flexibility chemistry-wise.

I could also move Fabinho up to the main squad (and probably will if he gets upgraded to the 95), but that'll put Lala on 8 Chem. Not the end of the world though.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Changed around the team a lot since Bruno came out and was having a lot of fun using this team to complete the Zlatan objective. I got the Pulisic otw thinking he'll get upgraded and he didn't :mad:. I got the shapeshifter Kante and Trent back when the promo was going on and never really knew how to properly utilize them. Then it hit me while doing the Bruno objective that I could just start Fuchs at right back and then switch Kante to CDM, Trent to right back and move Fuchs to center back in game and it worked out beautifully. Fuchs with a shadow even on 7 chem is probably the best center back I've used this year and he's a great pair with Maldini. This switched to a 4-2-3-1 in game and I did alright with it and did feel like I was better defensively, but I just never seem to get any goals from the outside cams and can only seem to score with either Bruno or Ronaldo, which isn't bad because they're incredible, but still felt lacking. So if I needed more offense I would change it to a 4-1-2-1-2 and take off Pulisic and James to bring on Lewandowski and Witsel.

I still don't think I'm going to be doing weekend league anymore. I'm having a desire to build a past and present United side and maybe that will get get me to jump back in there.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Ultimate team has been a cancer to the ea sports franchises

This.

I haven't played the FIFA android/ios app in years since they took Manager Mode out of FIFA14. Since '15 and on, its been an Ultimate Team cash grab. Do people actually not like playing Manager Mode, or is it just a change with players being into UT?

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Changed around the team a lot since Bruno came out and was having a lot of fun using this team to complete the Zlatan objective. I got the Pulisic otw thinking he'll get upgraded and he didn't :mad:. I got the shapeshifter Kante and Trent back when the promo was going on and never really knew how to properly utilize them. Then it hit me while doing the Bruno objective that I could just start Fuchs at right back and then switch Kante to CDM, Trent to right back and move Fuchs to center back in game and it worked out beautifully. Fuchs with a shadow even on 7 chem is probably the best center back I've used this year and he's a great pair with Maldini. This switched to a 4-2-3-1 in game and I did alright with it and did feel like I was better defensively, but I just never seem to get any goals from the outside cams and can only seem to score with either Bruno or Ronaldo, which isn't bad because they're incredible, but still felt lacking. So if I needed more offense I would change it to a 4-1-2-1-2 and take off Pulisic and James to bring on Lewandowski and Witsel.

I still don't think I'm going to be doing weekend league anymore. I'm having a desire to build a past and present United side and maybe that will get get me to jump back in there.

Fuchs is so damn good. Had a ton of fun playing with him this year.

I still like WL, but I get not playing it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This.

I haven't played the FIFA android/ios app in years since they took Manager Mode out of FIFA14. Since '15 and on, its been an Ultimate Team cash grab. Do people actually not like playing Manager Mode, or is it just a change with players being into UT?
Cash grab.

FIFA is usually in the top 3 gross sales of all video game annualy simply because of FUT. They have no incentive what so ever to spend on the core gameplay/other free modes. They have focused exclusively on payable content.

That's why from now on I will move away from all EA games.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Cash grab.

FIFA is usually in the top 3 gross sales of all video game annually simply because of FUT. They have no incentive what so ever to spend on the core gameplay/other free modes. They have focused exclusively on payable content.

I'll have to try PES someday, or continue to play Retro FIFA versions on my PS2. I'm currently doing a Be A Pro run on FIFA10.

It's a shame really. I have tried many times to get into UT, but I just can't. I feel like it's so easy to build a squad with whoever you want. At least in Manager Mode, you can have growth and scout newgen players in different regions. I don't have that experience with FIFAMobile.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Cash grab.

FIFA is usually in the top 3 gross sales of all video game annualy simply because of FUT. They have no incentive what so ever to spend on the core gameplay/other free modes. They have focused exclusively on payable content.

28% of EA's annual revenue comes from FUT alone so of course they won't scrap it.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
28% of EA's annual revenue comes from FUT alone so of course they won't scrap it.

Which is absolutely insane lol.

It's a shame because most games are moving towards a pay for skin, etc and people engaged keep paying for them. In this case, or NBA 2K it actually gives an advantage :/

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Which is absolutely insane lol.

It's a shame because most games are moving towards a pay for skin, etc and people engaged keep paying for them. In this case, or NBA 2K it actually gives an advantage :/
Yeah most games have started to make a good and ethical change to where you can play to upgrade stuff or if you pay it's just for cosmetic stuff. EA has just doubled down on pay to win though lol.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Even though I love FUT I also want FIFA Points to go away.

I could see EA going to paying for coins though. It's not perfect, but least $10 gets the same value in game for everyone. Yes, people could then use those coins to buy packs if they wish...but it's a little bit fairer.

EA should also have to be more specific on pack percentages. Less than 1% is quite vague. That can mean say, a 1/100 chance of pulling Ronaldinho...or 1/1000000000. They'll both show up as less than 1%.

If they listed ACTUAL percentages for each and every player, or even ranking and card type, people may be smarter. EA won't do this though unless they're forced to.

Reactions: kingsboy11

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Already changed my team up. Did the Kimpembe SBC and sold Marquinhos. Got me enough coin to get Moments Ballack.

I've won something like 10 out of my last 13 matches. Moved up to Div 4. Highest I've been this year.

Hope it carries over to weekend league, haha.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Well I lied and did WL. Started 4-1 and lost 3 in a row lol. Why do I do this to myself

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Well I lied and did WL. Started 4-1 and lost 3 in a row lol. Why do I do this to myself

Haha I hear ya.

No matter how good or badly I do. I end up with 14-17 wins. Knowing that helps me not get too angry on the weekend, haha.

I also take a break anytime I lose two in a row.

Gold Packs are huuuugely profitable right now. I was watching a movie and opening gold packs, selling everything. Made 250K in profit in that time... No big pulls either.

Did like 10 drafts yesterday and made 25K or so with rewards from each one.

Got up to a million coins which I'd never done before. Replaced Ballack with Matthaus, who feels far better in game.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Haha I hear ya.

No matter how good or badly I do. I end up with 14-17 wins. Knowing that helps me not get too angry on the weekend, haha.

I also take a break anytime I lose two in a row.

Gold Packs are huuuugely profitable right now. I was watching a movie and opening gold packs, selling everything. Made 250K in profit in that time... No big pulls either.

Did like 10 drafts yesterday and made 25K or so with rewards from each one.

Got up to a million coins which I'd never done before. Replaced Ballack with Matthaus, who feels far better in game.

Just regular 5k gold packs? I've seen this method before and right now it seems to be the best way to make coins. Maybe I'll give it a try later today.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just regular 5k gold packs? I've seen this method before and right now it seems to be the best way to make coins. Maybe I'll give it a try later today.

Yeah just the 5Ks. I use Futbin for prices and set my buy now to 50-100 less. The players almost always instasell.

Squad fitnesses go for 1200-1500 on the weekends.

Player fitness sells for 350ish. Same with contracts. Those take longer so I don't fill up my transfer list with them right away.

Chemistry styles vary, but Anchor, Engine, Hunter, and Shadow sell big and instantly. Others I usually set to 500ish.

I quick sell all coaches, stadiums, badges and kits... unless it's a Top Club... Then those usually sell for 500 or so.

It's a bit of a grind but far less than the Bronze Pack Method since all golds are selling for at least 800 coins right now due to the Upgrade SBCs. I usually get at least one player that sells for 2K or more thanks to either league SBCs.

You won't make profit on each pack... But in the aggregate you definitely will. I was skeptical but it's been wildly successful.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got Gold 2 during WL. Friday started 4-4, yesterday was much better finishing 14-8 ending on a 6 game win streak. Probably should've quit while I was ahead as I was more than happy with Gold 3, but thought might as well try for Gold 2. Went 3-5 in the last 8 games to secure G2, but got smacked a couple times along the way. Literally almost bottled Gold 2 after giving up an equalizing goal in the 120th minute in the last game, but somehow managed to win in a shootout.

Didn't think I was going to play all 30 with this team, but it geld so nicely I just stuck with it.
SZIjfqf.png

Turned into 4-1-2-1-2 narrow in game. Usually subbed Trent off at half time for Wijnaldum.

MVP was Bruno with 17 goals, 13 assists. Rashford also with 17 goals and Lewandowski with 15 goals. Zlatan came off the bench a couple times scoring 4 goals at crucial times. Van Der Sar also came up with some massive saves during the 6 game win streak. Witsel isn't the fastest, but he's a beast as the CDM sitting in front of the back line.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Gold 2 is definitely worth shooting for, guaranteed at least 1x 90+ player in each pick.

Missed it by one game last week... Didn't think I was gonna get it this week.

Started today 8-8. Ended up having to go 5-1 to get Gold 2. Won the first two, then lost one where I absolutely was the worse player. Despite that, hit a post on a potential tying goal with a minute left. Still, didn't deserve the win. But then I won 3 straight for G2. Felt a bit like a rat using Loan Moments Ronaldinho for the last game... But I needed that W, haha.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They will never dare..

EA is all about the $ they don't care about their core players (career mode).
The unfortunate truth!

I like the idea that has been floated around in the past. FUT is free to play with the FIFA points being the main money machine and then the offline modes are purchased like a traditional game. Obviously for this to work their would need to be a team @ EA who's main job is to improve the offline modes.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Tradeable?

Very nice... My best pull this year was Richarlison from a Player Pick during BPL TOTS.

Yup! Worth about just under 4 million coins at the moment, but he's never leaving the team. I don't really have any good Ligue 1 players so I'll have to find a way maneuver my team around him.

Richarlison is decent!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad