FIFA / FM Thread

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Yup! Worth about just under 4 million coins at the moment, but he's never leaving the team. I don't really have any good Ligue 1 players so I'll have to find a way maneuver my team around him.

Richarlison is decent!

He was my best pull this year by far. Nothing else comes close.

Neymar is fun, but I never really got used to him. His lack of strength really made him tougher to use. I can dribble okay and use skill moves, but anyone breathes on him and he gets bodied off the ball.

Granted I didn't use his TOTS, which I'm sure is better.

I've got about 700K coins, gonna keep saving... Maybe get Mid Maradona or Mid Ronaldinho. They're not 5* weak foot, but they're damn fun.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I picked up the 2 dollar EA Access deal this month to give FIFA 20 a play....The career mode is bugging me a lot. First year with Brighton I finish 11th and win the League Cup, yet I had a 65 rating. Now my objectives are to win the Europa League and qualify for a Europa League spot in the league. Currently I;m 8th in the Prem and will be making it on to the rd of 32 in the Europa League....somehow I have a 62 rating.

Just wish these objectives were more realistic, kills some of the immersion when I'm bringing Brighton their best run in club history but I may lose the job cause I won't bring home a Europa league trophy...

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I picked up the 2 dollar EA Access deal this month to give FIFA 20 a play....The career mode is bugging me a lot. First year with Brighton I finish 11th and win the League Cup, yet I had a 65 rating. Now my objectives are to win the Europa League and qualify for a Europa League spot in the league. Currently I;m 8th in the Prem and will be making it on to the rd of 32 in the Europa League....somehow I have a 62 rating.

Just wish these objectives were more realistic, kills some of the immersion when I'm bringing Brighton their best run in club history but I may lose the job cause I won't bring home a Europa league trophy...

Yeah Career Mode needs a complete rework from the ground up... It's embarrassing.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The insanity is how much money they make every year with FIFA and how the quality of the product is.. it is very hard to comprehend... they could have literally 10 times their resources in development and still pull a profit.. but if they fix a game for one year who is going to buy it the next year?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The problem with FIFA is FUT. FUT is the actual game they produce, the other stuff like Madden is copy paste. FUT is a free to play model where they make more in micro-transactions than the actual game itself. Until players stop handing them money in that mode, they will never change. Sports games are forever ruined IMO.

Reactions: robertmac43

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The problem with FIFA is FUT. FUT is the actual game they produce, the other stuff like Madden is copy paste. FUT is a free to play model where they make more in micro-transactions than the actual game itself. Until players stop handing them money in that mode, they will never change. Sports games are forever ruined IMO.
I really do like the concept of FUT as it quite fun. But micro-transactions have taken over the game as it’s all the game is based around now.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I really do like the concept of FUT as it quite fun. But micro-transactions have taken over the game as it’s all the game is based around now.
I was the same way when it first came out and it's why those games are fun on some level. A game where you can build your own unique squad to play against others and where you actually have to work to get a good squad. In recent years, they just over-saturate the market with 90+ or even 95+ rated players and it just ruins the game, and that's not even talking about the abhorrent micro-transactions.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The new cover is looking great! Sounds like tomorrow we are getting some news on the game itself as well!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
6cWsk6s.png

Been wanting to do this for a while, but I was waiting on a good Pulisic card to come out and built a USA and Friends squad. Was having fun with it for a little while, but Sargent and Agudelo are definintely not meta and feel clunky at times, but their finishing can absolutely be lethal. Although Agudelo missed an absolute sitter after squaring it across the box and missed the goal on his 5 star weakfoot which made me lose. Opara and Robinson are probably the best center back pairing. Insane pace and defending stats with good dribbling and passing stats as well.

I think some of the results I got from this team were mostly because I don't think some of my opponents are familiar with their weak foots and skill moves :laugh:

Reactions: GabeTravels

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I just finished another season of my Brighton career mode.

Bottom of the table Bristol went down with 12 points and a -91 GD...yikes. I had 78 points with Brighton and finished 8th.... Basically everything under me was trash and everything above me was record setting.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Was just reading that VAR is making it's way into FIFA... Excited to see how this new feature goes!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was just reading that VAR is making it's way into FIFA... Excited to see how this new feature goes!
Just how goal reviews exist in the NHL series. It'll just be dumb cut scenes, just a waste of time IMO. The game is programmed to be "correct", so they are just going to program a random % of time that it makes a mistake and have VAR reverse it when it happens.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Scripting and tilt has always been a belief for years, but in more recent versions of this game and some of their others, it's gotten to a level where it's undeniable. Even in career mode you'll see it, where a low rated club magically plays like Barca.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Did anyone play Volta, or was it a mode like the Journey where it's just going to flame out?
I skipped it over it thus far, I think I'll give it a shot this weekend. It's one of those things that has potential but I doubt it gets the development time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wished it was similar to fifa street but no... it was a ridiculous mode for EA to cash in more.
I didn't even start it, so it's basically like Journey. They tried and failed to make the NBA 2k my career with a lame Journey attempt, and made it look like a Fifa Street mode, but sounds like that missed the mark too.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Genuinely surprised at the amount of news regarding career mode. Came into it with low expectations, but like what I've seen. Now to be fair a lot of them are old features being brought back, but I think its a good step forward.

Didn't see a lot on Ultimate Team, but that big information probably comes at a later date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->