FIFA / FM Thread

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Reiner is the objectives card. This is perfect for me since I need a fast forward from the BuLi!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
That Saka card looks incredible. Tapsoba looks insane as well and I'm really mad that I didn't bother to do the Sinkgraven objective last season. It sucks that there's no Bellingham card unfortunately because I think his potential card could've been insane

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
My wife just returned home from 5 months overseas visiting her family... So I'm probably not gonna be able to finish my weekend leagues, haha.

Only played 6 games tonight when I usually try and hit 15 or so on Fridays. Too bad too...I went 6-0, lol. My best start ever.

I'm sure I'll get creamed tomorrow, but I'm playing really well lately...

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Thoughts on Todibo? I think he looks brilliant. I am really considering doing the SBC

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Worst weekend league of Fifa 21 so far, not even close. Started 5-5 Friday, bounced back on Saturday, but man it was so painful. Everything that I've been doing for the past several weeks just stopped working. Stopping at 14 wins, no way I was going to get back to Gold 1, I'm not even sure I would've gotten to Gold 2 with the way I was playing.

Thoughts on Todibo? I think he looks brilliant. I am really considering doing the SBC

He's definitely the best Ligue 1 centerback that they've release if you didn't do the Freeze Volland objective. He's not too expensive too, so if he fits your team and you can afford him I say why not.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
snapseed-04.jpeg

8 unplayed games... likely would've gotten Gold 2 easily but just didn't have the time.

Rooney is a monster and likely is in the squad until TOTS, and perhaps beyond.

I really don't know where to upgrade next. I've got 800K and when I look at my squad I'm probably set until TOTS at 8/11 positions...

Up top Neymar and Rooney... Basically set. Any upgrades probably not worth the cost.

Attacking Mids Prime Kaka and 2POTM Bruno. Again, upgrades probably not worth the cost.

Defensive Mids Kimmich and Marquinhos. I guess Marquinhos could be upgraded, but he's damn good and the Perfect Neymar Link is valuable.

Fullbacks Walker and Amavi. These guys could both use an upgrade at some point... But dropping a ton on Fullbacks just doesn't make much sense... Plus they need to link to Neymar/Rooney.

Center Backs Boateng and Volland. Volland's probably the next upgrade... But I'm not sure to what.

Goalie's Mid Van Der Sar, so I'm good there.

I dunno. I'll just keep building coins and probably look at a Center Back upgrade.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Did some more player picks and 81+ packs. Pulled myself lots of walkouts (—> icon sbc’s —> Bergkamp 90 and Gerrard 89). Also packed two sweet future stars in Neuhaus and this beaut:

Best CB I’ve used all FIFA (tried Gomez IF, Walker IF, Capita 87, van Dijk, Varane, Casemiro Freeze, Boateng, Koundé RTTF).

Attachments

• 7FF9378B-3248-40A8-B21A-BB2141D064C2.jpeg
    7FF9378B-3248-40A8-B21A-BB2141D064C2.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Did the Party Bag for about 50K. Got Freeze Torreira. Certainly not what you're looking for...but I avoided a Ones to Watch, haha.

He runs about 40K and is a decent enough La Liga LB...so whatever, haha.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Did the Party Bag for about 50K. Got Freeze Torreira. Certainly not what you're looking for...but I avoided a Ones to Watch, haha.

He runs about 40K and is a decent enough La Liga LB...so whatever, haha.

Got Mkhitarian headliner haha.

The 81 two player packs are definitely worth it. Got 4 walkouts in 10 of ‘m, including Tapsoba, an 850k future star. The 83 not so much. Done them three times and got Joe Gomez, Aitor and Fernandinho.

EDIT: did 8 more 81+ packs: Hazard, Pogba, Parejo, Mendy. Did one 83+ pack and got Future Star Estupiñan.

Saving my fodder for something big now.

In other news; I just got promoted to division 1. Which was my goal this year :)

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Has any done El Shaaraway? I'm thinking about doing it, I think it would be fun to have him LW and FB Ronaldo at RW!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I did one each of the 81+ and 83+ last night after doing some drafts. 2 81s and an 83

-_-

To be fair I did pack a FS Jonathan David after winning a draft though so it was worth it. Unsure If I want to keep him or sell him because he looks good and I could fit him in, but I just did Rooney and I don't really need him for first owner stuff because my Ligue 1 team is pretty good attacking wise.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I need to teach myself to not hype up certain promos because this set of icon swaps is f***ing trash. Deco? Base Butragueno? Overmaars? Mid Blanc? Ashley Cole? Baggio? Unless you started recently none of these icons are even close to being worth the grind. And the packs that they're offering are terrible as well.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I need to teach myself to not hype up certain promos because this set of icon swaps is f***ing trash. Deco? Base Butragueno? Overmaars? Mid Blanc? Ashley Cole? Baggio? Unless you started recently none of these icons are even close to being worth the grind. And the packs that they're offering are terrible as well.
These are a massive disappointment indeed. I think I will do all the 25 x .. packs and save them for a promo or one massive sbc player.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

Yeah it isn't good at all. I'll likely go for the Prime or Moments pack if I can be bothered to grind... Still have 2 Future Stars Academy players to do.

Had a good weekend... Choked a few games away but that's typical. Can't believe how many rage quits I got.

snapseed-05.jpeg

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What. A. Weekend.
GNBBE2J.png

First ever Elite finish! Honestly never thought I'd get there, especially after last weekend. Everything just seemed to fall into place. I added Rooney and Curtis Jones and they were outstanding. I went into this weekend trying my usual 433 False 9, but it just wasn't working and switched to a regular 442 with Curtis Jones and Kante as a midfield pairing and they cleaned everything up. Ter Stegen and Reece James made some insane defensive stops as I was getting closer to 23 wins as well.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
What. A. Weekend.
GNBBE2J.png

First ever Elite finish! Honestly never thought I'd get there, especially after last weekend. Everything just seemed to fall into place. I added Rooney and Curtis Jones and they were outstanding. I went into this weekend trying my usual 433 False 9, but it just wasn't working and switched to a regular 442 with Curtis Jones and Kante as a midfield pairing and they cleaned everything up. Ter Stegen and Reece James made some insane defensive stops as I was getting closer to 23 wins as well.

I saw you were like 16-4... Nice job!! Glad you liked Rooney... He's so damn good.

Reactions: kingsboy11

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Think I'm going to do a Weekend League challenge in a couple weeks...30 Squads, 30 Games. Vast majority will be first owner (Some of my Silver players aren't, but that's it)...

Thinking I'll do these squads... Some are gonna be pretty rough, haha. Probably in this order too, weakest to strongest team:

1. Portsmouth FC (My Club)
2. Silvers
3. SAU 1
4. TUR 1
5. LIB
6. African
7. POR 1
8. ‘Round The World (At least one player per continent)
9. MEX 1
10. CHN 1
11. United States
12. Champions League (All UCL cards)
13. MLS
14. ENG 2
15. NED 1
16. Portugal
17. Argentina
18. Netherlands
19. France
20. Spain
21. Italy
22. Germany
23. England
24. Brazil
25. ESP 1
26. GER 1
27. ITA 1
28. FRA 1
29. ENG 1
30. Weekend League XI

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Think I'm going to do a Weekend League challenge in a couple weeks...30 Squads, 30 Games. Vast majority will be first owner (Some of my Silver players aren't, but that's it)...

Thinking I'll do these squads... Some are gonna be pretty rough, haha. Probably in this order too, weakest to strongest team:

2. Silvers
3. SAU 1
4. TUR 1
5. LIB
6. African
7. POR 1
9. MEX 1
10. CHN 1
11. United States
13. MLS
14. ENG 2
15. NED 1
16. Portugal
17. Argentina
18. Netherlands
19. France
20. Spain
21. Italy
22. Germany
23. England
24. Brazil
25. ESP 1
26. GER 1
27. ITA 1
28. FRA 1
29. ENG 1
30. Weekend League XI

You should stream it :)

Reactions: robertmac43

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Finished my Nation Icon Swaps and got the 81+ x 25 pack. Was much better than expected. Got Chiellini, Muller, Pique, Werner, Koke, Depay, IF Sarr, IF Blais, a couple others.

Ended up using them towards a few SBCs- Flashback El-Sharawayy, POTM Boulaya, POTM Silva

I am now at 17 SBCs completed. My collection is pretty decent:

SBCs I own in order:
Premier League POTM Calvert-Lewin
Rulebreakers Talisca
RTTF Atal
Flashback Alessandrini
Player Moments Memphis Depay
Freeze Marquinhos
Freeze Traore
Freeze Aouar
Flashback Robben
Showdown Klaiber
Player Moments Dos Santos
Bundesliga POTM Stindl
End of Era Rooney
Future Stars Todibo
Ligue 1 POTM Boulaya
Flashback El-Sharawayy
Bundesliga POTM Andre Silva
+ All the Freeze Loans,

Sbcs I wish I completed (either for the collection or good value):
-Flashback Koscielny, I think he would fit nicely with my current backline.
-RTTF Mount, not great value, but big fan of the player. Forgot to do him.
-Joao Felix, thought he was overpriced, skipped out, and wow what a player he is.
-James Tavernier, good value for what looks like the best RB in the game.
-Flashback Higuain, good value, could have made a fantastic MLS team.
-Player Moments Dybala and Player Moments Boateng. Didn't have the fodder at the time but brilliant value on both.

Would like to get 35-40 by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016

2. Silvers
3. SAU 1
4. TUR 1
5. LIB
6. African
7. POR 1
9. MEX 1
10. CHN 1
11. United States
13. MLS
14. ENG 2
15. NED 1
16. Portugal
17. Argentina
18. Netherlands
19. France
20. Spain
21. Italy
22. Germany
23. England
24. Brazil
25. ESP 1
26. GER 1
27. ITA 1
28. FRA 1
29. ENG 1
30. Weekend League XI

This is sweet. Would love to see some of those lineups especially Argentina, CHN1, USA and African

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad