FIFA / FM Thread

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Can’t believe you guys like the stress and sweat of playing constant weekend leagues, but hats off to you guys. I only play some rival games in div 2, draft games or some friendlies. If I play Weekend League I’d need some extra controllers.

What do you all have for skill rating?

I think the reason why I like WL is that they ruined Rivals for me this year. Don't get me wrong I am an absolute sore loser and it makes me want to punch a hole in my wall, but It feels like every game of Div 2-1 rivals is like playing the last 5 games of WL every single time. I only play rivals to get the points for rewards.

I think my skill rating is more or less around 1900.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Hey I don’t have all that much fodder in my club. I was just curious who you guys would do out of the following sbcs.

- Wayne Rooney - doesn’t really fit with my team but looks like one of the best strikers in the game.
-CR7 - heard he’s really good, but doesn’t really fit my team.
- Guimares - fits my team nicely, looks like a good card, but value-wise not as good as the other two.
Or 2 of the following : Yazici, Stindl, En-Nesyri,

Not gonna touch Ribery, Sabitzer or Brewster as they are wildly overpriced

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Just as I posted that they post grindable sbcs. I’ll likely do enough to do both Guimares and Rooney

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Can’t believe you guys like the stress and sweat of playing constant weekend leagues, but hats off to you guys. I only play some rival games in div 2, draft games or some friendlies. If I play Weekend League I’d need some extra controllers.

What do you all have for skill rating?

I play 8-10 Rivals games on Thursdays, mostly to do the weekly objectives/improve the rivals rank.

I've bounced between 1300 and 1800 this year. Most of the year probably in the 1600 range.

I gotta start grinding the SBCs so I can get Rooney done. I have about 600K, but I wanna save for Garrincha I think. Ronaldo's been quite good...but I think that's the next natural upgrade in my squad.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Did about 10 player picks.
Got Future stars Dallot
Varane
And a couple 84-85s

Also got a banging 85+ double upgrade pack with
Future stars Barnes and Muller

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Anyone have SBC grinding tips?

Also wow, the 81+ player pick packs are unreal!

Keep grinding the 81 player picks!
Also do the big clubs of the big leagues (ie: PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Man city) tend to be good value.
This will get you a lot of fodder which allows you to put players towards player SBCs ie Rooney, Guimares etc.

Make sure to do marquee matchups on Thursday’s. Avoid upgrade packs, they tend to be scams.

Reactions: robertmac43

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
itv8bHQ.png

Gold 1 again and first time using fut track which is pretty cool. Gave away my last game so technically 20-10. I made an impulse decision getting that Road to the final Alaba and moved him to midfield and managed to pop up with 19 assists.

Also spent like 80k coins grinding the player picks and managed to pack FS Dest along with 250k worth of fodder. I was annoyed with the Kings and Chiefs loss today, but getting Dest made it a lot better.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
These player picks are crazy. Got Di Maria, Dest, Delaney and Isak in about 8 packs.

Slowly working through Rooney. Did the 2nd SBC for him and got Sancho in return, who'll go right back into the 86 squad.

In my Marquee Matchups this week I also got Casemiro and Ter Stegen... Should be able to finish Rooney for free.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
itv8bHQ.png

Gold 1 again and first time using fut track which is pretty cool. Gave away my last game so technically 20-10. I made an impulse decision getting that Road to the final Alaba and moved him to midfield and managed to pop up with 19 assists.

Also spent like 80k coins grinding the player picks and managed to pack FS Dest along with 250k worth of fodder. I was annoyed with the Kings and Chiefs loss today, but getting Dest made it a lot better.

Yeah the app is pretty cool. The photo of the stats is nice when it works... But a bit frustrating, haha.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I play him up top as a second striker. He's better than I anticipated. He'll still miss chances, especially on his weak foot.

I put a Finisher on him though and he's quite good.
Yeah ideally I use a 4-2-2-2 with him as a second ST.

I made this last night just to try something new. It's fully untradeable outside Savic.

WKND LEAGUE.png

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
No Future Stars in tonight's player picks, but I did get Fabinho, Henderson, Alisson, Walker, IF Malinkovic-Savic, and IF Delaney.

Finished Rooney with no coins spent... And saved both the In Forms to add to my Bundesliga and Serie A squads... Though they'll be good in a future SBC if I really wanna do it. Neymar is likely going to get Player of the Month... Which will be really tempting.

Gonna keep grinding these as they're great for fodder.

With Icon Swaps 2 starting either this week or next, I'm getting my first owner Top 5 Leagues + Big Nations ready. I know I could sell off a bunch of cards or throw the high rateds into an SBC, but I like having a nice variety of squads. When WL starts to get boring I'll rotate through different squads maybe for WL.

I'm also saving literally every single Objective Card and SBC this year. Yeah, none make the main squad, but it's nice for future objectives and I'd rather spend the coin on the market for the equivalent rating than lose the card forever...

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So I think I'm going to replace Ronaldo/Ansaldi in my weekend league squad with Rooney and Walker (whom I got from the 81+ upgrade a couple days ago).

Ronaldo was on 10 chem and Ansaldi on 8...Rooney is on 7 and Walker on 8.

I played 4 Rivals games this morning and Rooney got 7 goals. He's so damn good...I miss the 5 star skills but that's the only weakness on the card.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Red picks were nothing special, just 2 84s. Packed rewards were awesome. One pack had both IF Oyarzabal and FS Dalot tradeable, few packs later had FS Reece James. Finally got around to completing the Flashback Ronaldo and will probably work to complete Rooney over the next week.

I'm thrilled that I've gotten FS Dest, James and Dalot, but I'd appreciate it to not keep packing fullbacks :laugh:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Red picks were nothing special, just 2 84s. Packed rewards were awesome. One pack had both IF Oyarzabal and FS Dalot tradeable, few packs later had FS Reece James. Finally got around to completing the Flashback Ronaldo and will probably work to complete Rooney over the next week.

I'm thrilled that I've gotten FS Dest, James and Dalot, but I'd appreciate it to not keep packing fullbacks :laugh:

That's some good pack luck!

I'm sitting on around 800K coins. The initial plan was to save up for Garrincha, who'd be my end game right winger. But Rooney's performing so well, even on 7 Chem, that now I'm not sure.

Looking at my team... I'm frankly pretty happy with it. May just keep saving...I guess I could look to upgrade the Center Back spot at some point, but Freeze Volland is quite good.

I'm excited to see what Icon Swaps 2 bring, probably next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad