FIFA / FM Thread

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Alright...did the Icon Player Pick for about 500K. Not bad...still leaving myself some good liquid coin.

Results:

Snapshot_20210308_132254.jpg

Not the gamechanging, massive pull I was hoping for of course...but Prime Henry is a pretty solid pull. He goes for 1.8 Million. His balance is suspect...but 76 with an Engine isn't awful. Composure is also a tad weak.

I'll take it, especially for 500K, and after seeing some of the other pulls. :) Not sure who to take out of my current squad though. Probably Freeze Marquinhos...play Henry and Neymar up top, Fernandes and Kaka CAMs, Rooney as a box to box with Kimmich as the other CDM.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Alright...did the Icon Player Pick for about 500K. Not bad...still leaving myself some good liquid coin.

Results:

View attachment 404816

Not the gamechanging, massive pull I was hoping for of course...but Prime Henry is a pretty solid pull. He goes for 1.8 Million. His balance is suspect...but 76 with an Engine isn't awful. Composure is also a tad weak.

I'll take it, especially for 500K, and after seeing some of the other pulls. :) Not sure who to take out of my current squad though. Possibly Freeze Marquinhos...play Henry and Neymar up top, Fernandes and Kaka CAMs, Rooney as a box to box with Kimmich as the other CDM.

Nice! I'm jealous i'd love an Henry even if his stats aren't the best. I still don't know if I should do this, I know fodder will go down a lot over the next few days, but I'm worried they'll replace it with another kind of SBC that will be just as good if not better. I think I'm going to hold and rebuild the club.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Nice! I'm jealous i'd love an Henry even if his stats aren't the best. I still don't know if I should do this, I know fodder will go down a lot over the next few days, but I'm worried they'll replace it with another kind of SBC that will be just as good if not better. I think I'm going to hold and rebuild the club.

I wasn't going to until I threw my fodder into the 87 Squad and realized I could do that one for nothing.

Bought 3 Alissons, 2 De Bruynes and a Courtois and that was it I believe. Could've probably held out a bit longer but Alisson had dropped 30K in a few hours, I didn't want to miss the window.

I even used a few of my untradeable 81 In Forms for the 86 squads which was nice.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I wasn't going to until I threw my fodder into the 87 Squad and realized I could do that one for nothing.

Bought 3 Alissons, 2 De Bruynes and a Courtois and that was it I believe. Could've probably held out a bit longer but Alisson had dropped 30K in a few hours, I didn't want to miss the window.

I even used a few of my untradeable 81 In Forms for the 86 squads which was nice.

I caved and completed it today. Wasn't going to, but I was getting duplicate untradeable informs and said f*** it.

Kind of wish I didn't. 90 Zola, 89 Hagi and 90 Vieri and took Zola. Comparing him to my 89 Puskas and he's not a bad card and better in some areas, but his composure and stamina just kills the card. I'm also starting to get sick of only packing attacking icons. Puskas (not complaining), Sanchez, Shevchenko, Larsson, Owen and now Zola.

I think I spent around maybe 250k, so I didn't invest a lot into it, but I gave up some players I didn't really want to give up. It is what it is.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I caved and completed it today. Wasn't going to, but I was getting duplicate untradeable informs and said f*** it.

Kind of wish I didn't. 90 Zola, 89 Hagi and 90 Vieri and took Zola. Comparing him to my 89 Puskas and he's not a bad card and better in some areas, but his composure and stamina just kills the card. I'm also starting to get sick of only packing attacking icons. Puskas (not complaining), Sanchez, Shevchenko, Larsson, Owen and now Zola.

I think I spent around maybe 250k, so I didn't invest a lot into it, but I gave up some players I didn't really want to give up. It is what it is.

Zola's quite decent to be fair. I really enjoyed his base...though apparently that's better in a lot of ways than his Prime. Go figure.

250K isn't bad, makes it a bit more bearable.

I'd rather spend coin on the market than give up first owner or objective players I have. I only gave up one today, SIF Delaney...but that was because I was completing Guendouzi who replaces him in my Bundesliga Squad.

At the end of the year maybe I'll go mental with all these high rated cards I almost never use and do SBC after SBC...haha. I kinda like having a bunch for each league though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just saw there is an Eredivise squad foundations 2 which is exciting. I've needed a LW to really complete the squad and looks like I'll finally get one.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just saw there is an Eredivise squad foundations 2 which is exciting. I've needed a LW to really complete the squad and looks like I'll finally get one.

Yeah my Eredivisie squad has Robben on the left and Van Basten on the right. For my Dutch team I've got Sinkraven as a LM, Robben as a CM, Van Basten on the right.

Did a few 81+ double upgrades tonight, got Tadic, Cavani, Van Der Beek and a second Untradeable Kante. Threw 'em into the Fer SBC though, cost me 7,500 out of pocket.

Been doing Icon Swaps...only have Italy left for online. I hate how people act in these Swaps games. Pausing, celebrating, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah my Eredivisie squad has Robben on the left and Van Basten on the right. For my Dutch team I've got Sinkraven as a LM, Robben as a CM, Van Basten on the right.

Did a few 81+ double upgrades tonight, got Tadic, Cavani, Van Der Beek and a second Untradeable Kante. Threw 'em into the Fer SBC though, cost me 7,500 out of pocket.

Been doing Icon Swaps...only have Italy left for online. I hate how people act in these Swaps games. Pausing, celebrating, etc.

Its not as bad as the icon swap friendlies, but I've been working on the Reinier objective and some opponents can be pretty irritating. The last game I played I gave up 2 goals and both times he celebrated with insanely long celebrations like he scored in the last minute in Fut Champs. I eventually tied it up and then gave him the last goal because I only needed to score with Reiner and didn't even need the win. Yes I am that petty. :laugh:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
snapseed-08.jpeg

Couple disconnects, and generally horrible connection all weekend... This weekend wasn't too fun. Did manage to get both Weekend Plus picks...Zahavi and Kampl. Zahavi will be a nice fit for the Eredivisie squad.

Got a few nice goals, including this one:

Henry is a beast though! His balance isn't detrimental really. His strength makes up for it. Clinical finishing. Definitely in my end game team.

I'm saving packs until FUT Birthday at the end of the month. Should be a couple end game cards there. May consider the Messi SBC with fodder I get from it.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Ran a weekend league with Dybala and 90 Zola. Started out really hot, but faded quickly and really lost my head on Friday which probably cost me my chance at getting to 22 wins for the extra pick. My 442 just wasn't working so I switched back to my 433 that I haven't used in a few weeks and immediately felt more comfortable. Zola was better than I thought he'd be, but he still wasn't as clinical as Puskas or Rooney. His physicals and lack of composure really lets him down. Maybe next weekend I'll run them both. Dybala is a card I should probably use more often, if he gets a tiny bit of space outside the box on his left foot with a finesse shot its about as close to a guaranteed goal as you can get.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Did the Armstrong SBC...even though he won't be a mainstay in the squad. Fun looking player for my Championship squad.

I did this one as well. I love him!

I'm currently running a 4-2-3-1

Armstrong
IF Maddison - FS Barnes - EOE Rooney
Kante - WIF Fer
RB Kamara - FS Todibo - Objective Senesi - Showdown Klaiber
Benitez
I am now at 21 SBC players completed.

Reactions: kingsboy11

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Finally finished all the Player Objectives... Managerial Masterpiece is frustrating, haha.

Thankfully won like 10/12 to finish Pastore so it wasn't too bad today.

Gotta do 8 more Squad Battles games for the last couple Icon Swaps.

This season has been really tough with all of the Future Stars Academy players and the League Players. I'm grateful that the Squad Foundations are in Milestones so I can take my time.

Reactions: robertmac43

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The Bender brothers SBC looks really cool. Probably do the Lars Bender SBC to help link Boateng back into the squad.

I invested in about 18 Jonathan David informs and I've been selling a couple at a time at max buy it now. Should get back to over a million coins soon.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
snapseed-09.jpeg

Couldn't play at all on Friday and not much on Saturday... probably a good thing. Poor connection again and I'm just not playing well lately...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I decided to try out a different team this weekend. Gave Neymar a rest and wanted to try out some players that have been sitting for several weeks in Freeze Hazard and Future Stars Reinier, while also fitting Zola and Puskas in as well. I got back to my original Gold1, but the potential of this weekend could've gotten me back to Elite as I lost a couple games I should've won early on and also got a DC in a game I was winning in.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
View attachment 411139 Ummm so I just got this from an untradeable gold pack..... best pull i have ever had in any Fifa. I cannot stop staring at the TV, I'm in absolute disbelief.

Woah!! Grats! I hear he's a monster.

My only icon ever packed was Mid VDS during my TOTY Pack Opening, haha.

Got about 50 packs saved for FUT Birthday. Will be happy with a few walkouts for fodder, haha.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think I used my up all of my FIFA pack luck last year when I packed TOTS Neymar and Moments Maradona. Obviously packing Neymar and Base Puskas this year is very good, but nothing else that's really outstanding

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2