FIFA / FM Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah this years FM is definitely my favourite. Partly because of the isolation I’ve sunk more hours into it than any at this point in time and have really come to appreciate a lot of things (and learn a lot).

I’m a big fan of starting with Heerenveen (though I always do a Liverpool save).

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
This year's game is great, but I've been having trouble sticking to a save. I keep having new ideas and starting over. :help:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Lehmann's been good for me. Goalies are hard to judge...usually the goals given up are because of poor defense by me.

But he's saved everything I'd expect him to save...not materially different from Lloris.

I made it to Gold for this weekend league. So I should get 2 EPL TOTSSF cards. Hoping for a winger or a fullback. Either will allow me to improve my squad.

I've heard Lehmann is good. When I got Van Der Saar from icon swaps 2 it took me a while to warm up to him. Now I can't imagine having him out of my squad.

I barely scraped a silver 1 finish in WL this weekend after finishing gold 2 the week before. Making me rethink my whole squad at the moment except a good portion of them are untradeable. Not holding out hope for anything for the rewards. I need some quality sbcs to come out soon.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Norwich was one of my first saves. Lower table team with good young players to build around.
I received an offer from Olympique Marseille after 1 season. I denied them but wow the interview process was amazing.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've heard Lehmann is good. When I got Van Der Saar from icon swaps 2 it took me a while to warm up to him. Now I can't imagine having him out of my squad.

I barely scraped a silver 1 finish in WL this weekend after finishing gold 2 the week before. Making me rethink my whole squad at the moment except a good portion of them are untradeable. Not holding out hope for anything for the rewards. I need some quality sbcs to come out soon.

Well now I just got moments Pavel Nedved in a pack so that makes things a little interesting now :laugh:. He's worth about 1.3 million on the transfer market and I'm probably going to sell him which would bring me to about 1.7 coins, but could probably stretch that just above 2 million by selling other players.

Reactions: GabeTravels

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah! It's actually really good! Won the CPL for the third year running with Forge!

Did you download the official SI addon? Seems like it doesn't work properly. And there's a custom made one that's supposed to be better.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Did you download the official SI addon? Seems like it doesn't work properly. And there's a custom made one that's supposed to be better.

I think I'm using the SI one, but tbh it has been a while since I set it up. Whichever I'm using I ahve not had any issues thus far!

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Pressing definitely needs tuning. The current hardest pressing option is completely unrealistic and the slider should just be turned down a notch.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Well now I just got moments Pavel Nedved in a pack so that makes things a little interesting now :laugh:. He's worth about 1.3 million on the transfer market and I'm probably going to sell him which would bring me to about 1.7 coins, but could probably stretch that just above 2 million by selling other players.

I don't have that kind of pack luck. The best I've ever gotten in a pack was a Shapeshifter card (can't even remember who) worth 150K.

I hear Nedved is a beast... But I'd probably sell him too.

I saved probably 20 packs for PL TOTS and the highest rated player I got was an 83.

I spent 300K and got TOTS Robertson... So my LB is set for the rest of the game. Wasn't even too bad as I had Headliners Digne and got 109K for him (I spent 140K several months ago... That's decent return.)

I missed out on Gold 2 (and 2 guaranteed PL TOTS Red Cards) by one flipping game this weekend. And I blew a 2 goal lead in the last 8 minutes. Watch me get Saudi only picks on Thursday.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I just came to realization after purchasing this year FIFA 2020 that FUT is killing FIFA and therefore I will never buy anymore of the game

I have way more fun playing old fifa games than the shit they have released lately. It's now all a money grab for FUT and it is disgusting to see/play.

On the other hand FM2020 is possibly the best football manager ever released, so that is nice to see that not all game publisher sell their soul to gimmick.

the last FIFA console game I actually enjoyed was probably FIFA17. When it comes to mobile, if you can find FIFA14 out there for Android it’s the last version that has a Manager Mode option. After that, FIFA removed the Manager Mode option from its mobile games and I haven’t found anything close to it since..

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This year's game is great, but I've been having trouble sticking to a save. I keep having new ideas and starting over. :help:

That's the most classic problem in FM. I find my best counter has been to go into a save unemployed and building myself up as a manager.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't have that kind of pack luck. The best I've ever gotten in a pack was a Shapeshifter card (can't even remember who) worth 150K.

I hear Nedved is a beast... But I'd probably sell him too.

I saved probably 20 packs for PL TOTS and the highest rated player I got was an 83.

I spent 300K and got TOTS Robertson... So my LB is set for the rest of the game. Wasn't even too bad as I had Headliners Digne and got 109K for him (I spent 140K several months ago... That's decent return.)

I missed out on Gold 2 (and 2 guaranteed PL TOTS Red Cards) by one flipping game this weekend. And I blew a 2 goal lead in the last 8 minutes. Watch me get Saudi only picks on Thursday.

Yeah my pack luck has been more than good this year. Prime Lampard, Shapeshifter Kante, Future Stars Tielemans, Moments Guardiola, Tots Matheus Periera, prime Petit, Shapeshifter Trent and then moments Nedved.

How's that Robertson? Because I've been thinking of getting him to replace Alaba with my Nedved profit.

I'm also holding off on getting other players because there will probably be a guaranteed EPL tots squad builder in a couple days so I want to see what I get before investing in new players.

And yeah I'm not expecting anything from rewards. Although the last time I got silver 1 I got 90 Benzema so you never know.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Yeah my pack luck has been more than good this year. Prime Lampard, Shapeshifter Kante, Future Stars Tielemans, Moments Guardiola, Tots Matheus Periera, prime Petit, Shapeshifter Trent and then moments Nedved.

How's that Robertson? Because I've been thinking of getting him to replace Alaba with my Nedved profit.

I'm also holding off on getting other players because there will probably be a guaranteed EPL tots squad builder in a couple days so I want to see what I get before investing in new players.

And yeah I'm not expecting anything from rewards. Although the last time I got silver 1 I got 90 Benzema so you never know.

He's good but I don't notice a huge difference so far between him and my flashback Fuchs.

Sep 19, 2008
upload_2020-5-5_19-33-2.png

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

I got 90 Brandt last week as Silver 1. I used it in the Icon SBC.

PL TOTSSF SBC is live. Once I finish the Romarinho objective tomorrow (1 more Rivals win) I'll be able to complete it.

I had to buy 5 players for a total of 131,500, which I feel like is pretty darn good.

I'm sacrificing Salah from my squad...but it's okay. I have Perez whom I actually prefer, and I should be able to get Storyline Pedro.

Looking at the PL TOTS...the SBC will only be a total loss if I get Dean Henderson, who's only selling for 32,000 right now. Alisson (159K) and Soyunchu (160K) are washes. Even Soyunchu isn't too bad because I'll use him in my Second Team. Even if I get Robertson, I'll be able to sell mine back...and he's currently around 340K, so I may make a profit. Won't be exciting, but won't be a loss either.

The next cheapest player right now is Kovacic at 162K. He wouldn't be a huge win...but he'll slot into my second team quite easily, and I could sell Pogba and probably break even.

Everyone else is a massive, massive win. Any position will fit immediately into my first team squad, and be an upgrade:

RB...upgraded Alexander Arnold or Wan Bissaka replacing Aarons.
CB...upgraded Van Dijk.
CM...upgraded De Bruyne or Jordan Henderson replacing Litmanen.
LM/LW...Son, Rashford, or Mane replacing Pires
RM/RW...Mahrez, Salah, or Adama replacing Perez
ST...Aubameyang, Augero, Vardy, or Richarlison working with Laudrup.

If I pull a striker I'll change my formation to a 2 striker formation. If I pull Jordan Henderson I'll probably go to a 2 CDM formation. Henderson and Rijkaard will be quite formidable.

We shall see! One thing's for sure...even though I REALLY want to open my FUT Champions rewards ASAP...I'm gonna make sure I do the SBC before...to avoid a duplicate.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I got 90 Brandt last week as Silver 1. I used it in the Icon SBC.

PL TOTSSF SBC is live. Once I finish the Romarinho objective tomorrow (1 more Rivals win) I'll be able to complete it.

I had to buy 5 players for a total of 131,500, which I feel like is pretty darn good.

I'm sacrificing Salah from my squad...but it's okay. I have Perez whom I actually prefer, and I should be able to get Storyline Pedro.

Looking at the PL TOTS...the SBC will only be a total loss if I get Dean Henderson, who's only selling for 32,000 right now. Alisson (159K) and Soyunchu (160K) are washes. Even Soyunchu isn't too bad because I'll use him in my Second Team. Even if I get Robertson, I'll be able to sell mine back...and he's currently around 340K, so I may make a profit. Won't be exciting, but won't be a loss either.

The next cheapest player right now is Kovacic at 162K. He wouldn't be a huge win...but he'll slot into my second team quite easily, and I could sell Pogba and probably break even.

Everyone else is a massive, massive win. Any position will fit immediately into my first team squad, and be an upgrade:

RB...upgraded Alexander Arnold or Wan Bissaka replacing Aarons.
CB...upgraded Van Dijk.
CM...upgraded De Bruyne or Jordan Henderson replacing Litmanen.
LM/LW...Son, Rashford, or Mane replacing Pires
RM/RW...Mahrez, Salah, or Adama replacing Perez
ST...Aubameyang, Augero, Vardy, or Richarlison working with Laudrup.

If I pull a striker I'll change my formation to a 2 striker formation. If I pull Jordan Henderson I'll probably go to a 2 CDM formation. Henderson and Rijkaard will be quite formidable.

We shall see! One thing's for sure...even though I REALLY want to open my FUT Champions rewards ASAP...I'm gonna make sure I do the SBC before...to avoid a duplicate.

Was able to do the guaranteed premier sbc for free and got Traore which kind of sucks because I don't use wingers and he doesn't really fit my team, but I guess he's a good super sub. Was really hoping for one of the strikers, Son or Rashford because I could play them at striker next to Lewandowski. Really need to build up my sbc fodder again because the mid icon and epl sbc is rinsing my club at the moment.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Was able to do the guaranteed premier sbc for free and got Traore which kind of sucks because I don't use wingers and he doesn't really fit my team, but I guess he's a good super sub. Was really hoping for one of the strikers, Son or Rashford because I could play them at striker next to Lewandowski. Really need to build up my sbc fodder again because the mid icon and epl sbc is rinsing my club at the moment.

Well I screwed up... But didn't get screwed. So I'm not thrilled with my rewards... But not unhappy either.

I accidently claimed my WL rewards before my Pack. Option 1 was Soyunchu/Wan Bissaka/Gomis. Grabbed Wan Bissaka. Option 2 was all Saudi guys so I grabbed Gomis. He'll be okay fodder.

But then I was concerned about my guaranteed player. I packed Robertson... Which is someone I already had. But I got him off the market, so I should be able to get 100% back, and maybe a bit on top.

Edit: Sold him for 355K. That's a nice 45K profit.

To make me feel even better in my two Mega Packs I got TOTS Allison and a Saudi TOTS.

I'll almost for sure keep Allison, but may throw him into an SBC later on. Either way that's a big win.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad