FIFA / FM Thread

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Was going to make a long post about my career mode so far but I'll make it a little smaller because it's over already. I usually pick a league two club and take them to the premier league, messed around with Stevenage and Plymouth at first. I ended up picking Bury in league one instead since they were kicked out of the EFL, have no players and nobody seems to want to buy them, they currently aren't a club but are still in the game. They have generic kits and are a 1/2 star rated team with all generated players, most are crap but a few decent potential kids, who are rated 60 or below and only 20 players. The goal was to be an all youth team so I took my meager transfer budget and bought a 1/1 and a 2/1 scout and sent them to Ireland and Northern Ireland, figured a poor UK club would only scout there and the UK and have bad scouts. I won the preseason tournament against mostly teams from Ireland so I took that money and bought a 2/2 and sent him to Scotland. Didn't get any superstar players but signed almost everyone since I only got one or two reports a month and needed bodies.

So for year one I needed to avoid relegation, get 85% attendance, scout two defenders, make the round of 32 in the FA cup, a long term youth one, and to get a profit of 11M which wasn't happening. Was in the relegation zone most of the year but with training a few of the kids Bury already had improved enough to get me to just avoid relegation. By year two the squad was half prospects and half Bury kids. The goal was mid table finish and the usual stuff, nothing major. Since I wasn't buying any players nor signing free agents I used my improved transfer budget, plus some sales of crap Bury players to get a 4/4 scout and dumped the 1/1. The team was much better from the start with the training and prospect growth that we were in the playoffs. We beat Southend and then Peterborough to make it to the Championship.

For the championship the goal was avoid relegation, sign some prospects, season ticket holder stuff, FA cup 32 like usual and keep salary growth under 20%. Won the preseason tournament and had a bigger budget due to being promoted that I got me a 5/5 scout. So by now I was getting some pretty good players and still had 3 or 4 Bury guys left who were trained up. Ending up finishing mid table and hit my other targets. The team was looking extremely well set for the future with good scouts, money from player sales of youth prospects who couldn't cut it and not making any signings. Had some kids who were exciting prospects, a bunch of showing potential and two potential to be special. Was looking really good and was going to push for promotion to the premier league in my 4th season. To start the year I had my Bury kids needing new contracts as they were expiring in 12 months. They had went from 60 or below to over 70 now and had been making less than $700 a week. So the first one I tried to delegate but it said the offer was too low so I went to negotiate myself. Went through it all till the end but it didn't give me a salary they wanted so I went 5k 50k bonus, it was accepted. Next kid 4k 40k accepted, so I see if I can go even lower 3k 30k accepted, nice got a good deal on him. Email comes telling me I've been terminated because I paid too much to the 5k guy compared to the other two, are you serious! So that's the end of Bury, took a job with Burton but not sure I want to make that climb again.

10/10 plot twist

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Screenshot_20191010-212328.png
My current FUT roster...

Got really lucky with Lloris in a pack, just when I was about to buy him.

Also got Modric in a pack which helped finance Eriksen and Lacazette.

Next move is to upgrade my center backs I think.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
View attachment 263173 My current FUT roster...

Got really lucky with Lloris in a pack, just when I was about to buy him.

Also got Modric in a pack which helped finance Eriksen and Lacazette.

Next move is to upgrade my center backs I think.

Like the offense and your CM’s are good talent wise but, I’d think you’d need some ball winning ability there.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Like the offense and your CM’s are good talent wise but, I’d think you’d need some ball winning ability there.

Haven't had too many issues with that so far thankfully.

Upgraded both CBs, now have Laporte and Alderweireld.

Probably will look at replacing Ozil next, but I'll likely save for De Bruyne I think...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyone else pick up FM 20 today?

No, but will have to do it. I've been watching some Beta saves on YouTube and a lot of people were doing a Man Utd save which is ironic because it's what I was going to do. Painful to watch though as some them don't really seem to follow the game.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Also no, didn't play FM19 much and the new features for FM20 were underwhelming. Might pick it up in a sale.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I bought FM 20 a few weeks ago. I haven't played it yet because I normally wait until the first patch comes out.

I keep telling myself I won't buy another FM and yet I always do.......

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I got FM20 a few weeks ago. 15 was the last one I got but I only played 14. I like this new version.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Bought FIFA when it was on sale around Christmas and really wanted to put serious effort into FUT this year. I'm still very much a FIFA noob, but I think I've come a long way since I've started. Currently my team is looking like
XC8zaOD.png

Packed inform Maddison in a PL upgrade and packed Courtois in a regular 7.5k pack.

Sep 19, 2008
Love buying the best team possible under the slim transfer budget at Walsall in FIFA and then still ending up middle of the table :laugh: Of course nothing's going to happen if every game simmed is a loss :rolleyes:

Sep 19, 2008
The story of career mode is similar to that long story above. The fun is to get a team from the EL2 to the Premier League, and I was able to do that, but I kept getting sacked. Now I am at Walsall and I spent a shitload to improve the team's talent yet the team continues to lose under sims :laugh: Maybe I've been doing this all wrong. Might need to invest in the scouts.

Just want to promote a team from the Championship to the Premier League it should not be this hard :rant:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The story of career mode is similar to that long story above. The fun is to get a team from the EL2 to the Premier League, and I was able to do that, but I kept getting sacked. Now I am at Walsall and I spent a shitload to improve the team's talent yet the team continues to lose under sims :laugh: Maybe I've been doing this all wrong. Might need to invest in the scouts.

Just want to promote a team from the Championship to the Premier League it should not be this hard :rant:

I have hardly touched career mode this year, but it seems like its more difficult to climb the ladders to become a top tier team. In the one save that I have done with Augsburg I'm noticing that you aren't getting results that would favor as often as you did in previous titles and that keeping a semi decent manager rating is key.

I've sunk too many hours in FUT this year and can see why people find it addicting after all my years only focusing on career mode.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Finally spending time on Fifa... trying to win in a super league is next to impossible. I used to do it no problem with previous fifa's but this one is way to hard on even legendary.

Sep 19, 2008
I was asked to manage Canada MNT yesterday. Davies and David are ridiculously good in that game. Maybe it is also because it is 9 years in the future. Now we can finally get out of the hex and qualify for the World Cup!

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was asked to manage Canada MNT yesterday. Davies and David are ridiculously good in that game. Maybe it is also because it is 9 years in the future. Now we can finally get out of the hex and qualify for the World Cup!

I always set up my youth Staff in Canada to grow the prospects pipeline. I had a CMNT team that was all 85+ rated players in FIFA 19. WC Champs here we come!

Sep 19, 2008
There's a bug where you lose your international job if you get fired from your club job. Left Canada and then was re-hired by Canada. also made it back to the Premier league with Carlisle United :yo:

Sep 19, 2008
The game originally put him up on the right as a striker

I put him in the midfield because his label is LM

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Bought FIFA when it was on sale around Christmas and really wanted to put serious effort into FUT this year. I'm still very much a FIFA noob, but I think I've come a long way since I've started. Currently my team is looking like
XC8zaOD.png

Packed inform Maddison in a PL upgrade and packed Courtois in a regular 7.5k pack.

kUrPhMO.png

My team has had a bit of a glow up since I first started. Its not the best, but I really enjoy using this team. Got into gold 2 for the first time in weekend league and can finally start feeling like I'm getting better at the game. The gameplay has been so frustrating the past couple of weeks, but one thing that added to my own game was starting to use some skill moves just make it more fun and its also helped my game. Most people I come up against don't really do any skills outside the dragbacks and ball rolls.

For my current team, the only players that are untouchable for me are VDS, Petit, Lewandowski, Lainer and Zakaria. I have a soft spot for both Lampard and Mckennie since they've proabably played the most games for me, but they are probably the weakest of the bunch. I love Sancho as a cam, but I'm looking for Kaka from icon swaps. Owen is one of those players where there's some things I don't like about him, but he stills finds a way on the scoresheet. I'm looking at tots Thiago in the midfield and possibly tots Brandt. Still unsure about striker to replace Owen. Hopeful for a tots Davies to replace Alaba.

Reactions: GabeTravels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->