New York Islanders: Feb 28th game against leafs Moved to the Coliseum!

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I've said it before and Ill say it again...during his tribute video, don't say anything. Don't boo, don't clap. Just turn your backs and stand there silently

This is my dream as well.

It'll never happen, but it would be amazing if everyone just got quiet and turned our backs

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
There will be quite a few leafs fans there I’m certain, and honestly I don’t think it’ll be a problem as long as they don’t act like dicks. I will be one of them, if I can find a way to get there from the city.

Maple Leaf fans should have no problem getting to Nassau in one piece, it's not as if they stand out like rubes.

BobDougMcKenzie1.jpg

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Nothing's gonna happen.

JT will get booed whenever he touches the puck, there will probably be a (small) tribute where JT will smile and wave as most of the crowd boos and some cheer. I expect some Leaf fans there and maybe a couple of young drunk idiots will fight in the stands. Other than that, it will be a regular Islander game in late February (i.e. meaningless lol).

sadly i agree

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Reactions: Kelly

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Maple Leaf fans should have no problem getting to Nassau in one piece, it's not as if they stand out like rubes.

BobDougMcKenzie1.jpg

Holy Crap Batman !!!!! Tell me Rick Moranis doesn't resemble a certain traitor we all know . That's the same sitting on the bench "coulda had a Falcon " look on his face .

LGI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
During our last game, prior to a Bozak tribute video, it was reported Dubas is scraping Lou's rule against tributes to former players.

So I imagine thats going to be a no go on the tribute.

Hows that going? :sarcasm:
Why don’t you tell me since you felt the need to troll over here.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Why don’t you tell me since you felt the need to troll over here.

No troll. Getting all amped up anticipating a ruckus when the other side doesnt care and isnt even talking about it, you have to admit, is pretty funny.

Anyway, was just confirming LouLam's rule about tributes. Not sticking around, no worries.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
While I won't be able to go to Isles-Canucks this season due to work, I should be able to watch Leafs-Isles on 2.28.2019 on a jumbo screen. I am expecting a madhouse in Coliseum...

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Lou Does Not do tribute videos, very very old school.

Lous way or the highway, hes the gm's version of a mob boss.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
The tribute video should be a 5 second clip of his Panthers series winner and then a repeat of Lamoriello's parting statement: "John Tavares achieved great individual success as a member of the New York Islanders".

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
No troll. Getting all amped up anticipating a ruckus when the other side doesnt care and isnt even talking about it, you have to admit, is pretty funny.

Anyway, was just confirming LouLam's rule about tributes. Not sticking around, no worries.

I'm sure the "other side" as you call it is going to care when somebody takes a run at Tavares that night and comes and calls the Islander fans animals or something.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I would be upset myself if fellow Islander fans booed Tavares. He gave his all on the ice for this team and is one of the best players in hockey.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I'm sure the "other side" as you call it is going to care when somebody takes a run at Tavares that night and comes and calls the Islander fans animals or something.
No ones gonna run him. This ain’t the old NHL... players respect each other off the ice (unless something on the ice is actually an issue, like a dirty hit) and there’s a lot less goonery in general. I expect a good atmosphere and some booing, but it’ll settle down as it always does.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
A good way to understand islanders fans anger is this. A HOTBSUPER MODEL leaves Derek Jeter he doesn't spend time hating her. He gets a new one the same day. A hot super model leaves a guy who can't get another girl, he becomes filled with rage, anger, wants bad things to happen to her. He knows he won't be getting another girl like that again. If JT asked for a trade from Toronto next year, leaf fans would be like "ok great let's get a great defenseman for him no problem". Islanders fans lose JT. "'OH great now we lose franchise center for nothing and LOU can't trade or sign first liners cause they don't like the islanders....JT you are the worst! Hope you break a leg and it never heals!

Post makes no sense because they had another super model in Barzal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad