New York Islanders: Feb 28th game against leafs Moved to the Coliseum!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm not advocating anything but I really hope no one is dumb enough to go there with a leaf jersey that day. To say it would go extremely bad would be an understatement. It's going to be openly hostile there.

You already know there’s going to be tons of leafs fans. Let’s just hope hope nothing bad happens.

The only thing I care about is I really really really don’t want them to give him a tribute video.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I'm not advocating anything but I really hope no one is dumb enough to go there with a leaf jersey that day. To say it would go extremely bad would be an understatement. It's going to be openly hostile there.
There will be quite a few leafs fans there I’m certain, and honestly I don’t think it’ll be a problem as long as they don’t act like dicks. I will be one of them, if I can find a way to get there from the city.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
From time to time I wonder about what the NHL allows. Surprised the NHL signed off on this.

Time to check out the Maple Leafs board.:sarcasm:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’m glad they did this now because I thought this game already WAS at the coliseum for some reason. I had no idea it was in Brooklyn

Reactions: MJF

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
From time to time I wonder about what the NHL allows. Surprised the NHL signed off on this.

Time to check out the Maple Leafs board.:sarcasm:
The NHL is certainly bending over backwards to help the isles, and given the brand new building that’s coming, it makes sense. I also think Nassau is going to be the full time home next season and beyond til the new barn opens.

Most leaf fans I know don’t give a crap, but as a leafs fan in Brooklyn, I’m a little annoyed I have to trek to Nassau for this one. But - the atmosphere is gonna be insane for this one. Should be fun.

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
There will be quite a few leafs fans there I’m certain, and honestly I don’t think it’ll be a problem as long as they don’t act like dicks. I will be one of them, if I can find a way to get there from the city.

Emotionally charged game, acting like a dick or not the alcohol will be flowing. Seen some shit at the coliseum before and I'm thinking this will be worse than the Isles/Pitt fight night emotion wise.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This is significant imo. Pretty sure the isles will move to the coliseum full time next season.

I think it was just a foregone conclusion that the Isles and BC were going to part ways after this season. This just hammers that home. Brooklyn was a disaster, just cut losses early and move on.

The troll factor is the cherry on top, love it.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I think it was just a foregone conclusion that the Isles and BC were going to part ways after this season. This just hammers that home. Brooklyn was a disaster, just cut losses early and move on.

The troll factor is the cherry on top, love it.
The isles were the ones that initially resisted moving full time to NVMC iirc. The Barclays folks own both buildings and they were pushing to move the isles to Nassau full time. Looks like it’ll finally happen.

It makes sense for both parties, and while I personally don’t like it cause I live right by Barclays and like walking to hockey games, it’s the right move for the fan base.

Reactions: PWJunior

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The NHL is certainly bending over backwards to help the isles, and given the brand new building that’s coming, it makes sense. I also think Nassau is going to be the full time home next season and beyond til the new barn opens.

Most leaf fans I know don’t give a crap, but as a leafs fan in Brooklyn, I’m a little annoyed I have to trek to Nassau for this one. But - the atmosphere is gonna be insane for this one. Should be fun.
It's this aspect of the change in venue that I question. The game was already scheduled. I know the logistics of this switch for the teams are inconsequential. But I always assumed that once the game is on the schedule it would be final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad