New York Islanders: Feb 28th game against leafs Moved to the Coliseum!

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
During our last game, prior to a Bozak tribute video, it was reported Dubas is scraping Lou's rule against tributes to former players.

So I imagine thats going to be a no go on the tribute.

Hows that going? :sarcasm:
I'll let you know on game night.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
FWIW, I just realized that this game is 3 days after the trade deadline.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
All this booing yet they are going to hold a John Tavares tribute. Now the Islanders may get some national exposure. So what happens if the games a blowout?
I don't get the anger and hate. JT took less money and re-signed as an Islander. Management failed to surround him with talent. We barely made the playoffs during his tenor. We aren't a young and exciting team and haven't had a true number 1 goalie and we are playing in two arenas. The commute isn't fun and Brooklyn is horrible for hockey. Attendance is even worse this year and NY isn't a great hockey town.
I wanted JT to be an Islander also.
But what's the incentive to stay?
I understand people are upset about how he left but if JT said mid season I maybe leaving trade me would fans still boo?
Or If he got traded ? What if he said he wasnt happy with the direction of the team instead of how much he loved the team and the Island?
Did Tavares disrespect the fans by becoming a Leaf?
If he went to the Rangers then I'd call him a traitor. Did JT rub it in anyone's face ala Lebron?
Why has Tavares become the villain?

Let's be real here....he took a little bit less money. It's not like he was playing poor. When his ELC was up he signed a pretty close to normal deal at the time. He didn't leave that much money on the table. It wasn't as friendly as, let's say Paccioretty's contract.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
The Buble thing is just a joke. They won't reveal a legitimate reason, but it's likely because they know that game will sell better by being in Nassau. I'm not sure which game number of the season it is, but the Isles play by play guy made reference to the fact that the last 21 games of the season are at the coliseum or something like that. So if the Toronto game was in the middle of those last ones, it might have just made sense for them to shift it to the Coliseum instead of having a one off in Brooklyn.

Sorry you're having a rough time with the ticket exchange, it's definitely a ridiculous move to make, especially without offering people with tickets the option to exchange it first.

I really didn't even realize this was happening. For some reason I always thought that game was at the coliseum. I'm shocked they haven't reached out to fans who already bought tickets and gave them a chance to get seats before they just started selling out the game before refunds. Totally ridiculous move and can definitely understand the frustration C. Evans is experiencing. It's poor customer service for sure and exactly the wrong way to handle it.

Reactions: Chris Evans

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
a lot can happen between now and late feb that can affect the atmosphere of this game .

cheers if the isles can actually be in legit wildcard playoff spot hunt instead of 10 points back

Reactions: The Lighthouse

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
So what happened to those that had tickets? Just got a refund and now you have to buy tickets at the Coliseum from scratch?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just checking and saw the get in price for this game is north of $100 on StubHub.

Forget about StubHub, the get in price from the box office is over $100. Looks like they are charging $109 for the last row of the arena.

If you look on the map on Ticketmaster, there are only sporadic tickets available. That's probably BS as they didn't even transfer the tickets that people bought for this game at Barclays. So, unless they had a massive ticket purchasing situation the day the made the transfer, the Islanders/Ticketmaster or holding back the majority of the seats with the hope of charging more later.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
You take the LIRR from Brooklyn to Merrick, Carle Place, Westbury, or Hempstead and then take a 5-10 minute Uber. It's basically the exact same commute that everyone from LI who goes to Barclay Center has to tolerate.

Except you don't need an Uber to get from the Flatbush station to Barclays.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Forget about StubHub, the get in price from the box office is over $100. Looks like they are charging $109 for the last row of the arena.

If you look on the map on Ticketmaster, there are only sporadic tickets available. That's probably BS as they didn't even transfer the tickets that people bought for this game at Barclays. So, unless they had a massive ticket purchasing situation the day the made the transfer, the Islanders/Ticketmaster or holding back the majority of the seats with the hope of charging more later.

5 tickets, section 238...

Total$641.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

including all TicketMaster fees...

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
I know we're all tired of talking about that punk but this really could be a once-in-a-lifetime fan experience.. I was at the Draft Party when he was drafted, so I consider this my way of closing the book on that traitor..

I just hope the prick is healthy for that game..

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I know we're all tired of talking about that punk but this really could be a once-in-a-lifetime fan experience.. I was at the Draft Party when he was drafted, so I consider this my way of closing the book on that traitor..

I just hope the prick is healthy for that game..

He'll be listed DTD shortly before, scratched and then find a miracle elixir and return the very next game, book it.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Islanders should be healthy by then. Maybe they can bring up a couple kids from the AHL. Wonder who gets the start in net?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad