Injury Report: Feb. 16: Steve Mason (knee surgery) could play Sat. (Feb. 28)

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I had sciatic nerve trouble for ~6 months the other year... only happened every ~10 days but it really is incapacitating for the first ~30seconds to a minute it happens. Just went away though and never had it since. Weird feeling.

Really is, I had bad issues with it for about a year. Came and went, from the nerve right down to the heel. I found the smallest tweak would set it off. It's long gone, but not forgotten. Like another poster said, it sucks that we even have to speculate. He's been fantastic

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I have seen Leighton mentioned on twitter, we go that route you know we are in full tank mood. As a trade possibility that is.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I still say we'll be 6th at best. The top 5 spots are held by truly awful teams.

I think there is potential for us to drop around 4 or so now. With this injury to Mason, we know Emery is going to lose much more than win. He will shine maybe one or two games but if we just roll with him the team will be losing 8 out of 10 or so games I think.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I still say we'll be 6th at best. The top 5 spots are held by truly awful teams.

Actually the bottom 4 are, 5th place is held by the Sens right now and they're only 5 points behind us (same as Columbus). We could get caught by either of them if they go on hot streaks. Then there's also Toronto who's 4 points behind and the Devils are 3 points back (who play Edmonton tonight).

It really all depends on how poorly we do, but I think 5th is possible, any higher than that is very unlikely.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I have seen Leighton mentioned on twitter, we go that route you know we are in full tank mood. As a trade possibility that is.

Wow, you know things are going to be ugly and bad when Leighton's name is being mentioned as a possible stop gap. I guess they're preparing for the worst with regards to the results of Mason's arthroscopic procedure.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Actually the bottom 4 are, 5th place is held by the Sens right now and they're only 5 points behind us (same as Columbus). We could get caught by either of them if they go on hot streaks. Then there's also Toronto who's 4 points behind and the Devils are 3 points back (who play Edmonton tonight).

It really all depends on how poorly we do, but I think 5th is possible, any higher than that is very unlikely.

The Leafs are 5th worst by Points%, and they have imploded and are going to be sellers.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20152ALLSAAAll&sort=pointPctg&viewName=summary

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Zepp isn't supposed to be be out that long. I won't be surprised if Stolarz never gets on the NHL ice this season.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
I really don't think we'll be bad enough for the bottom 5. Those teams are horrendous. Didn't Emery actually surprise everyone the last time Mason was out for a bit with mostly wins? Maybe I'm dreaming

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I really don't think we'll be bad enough for the bottom 5. Those teams are horrendous. Didn't Emery actually surprise everyone the last time Mason was out for a bit with mostly wins? Maybe I'm dreaming

Amac was injured at that time too, wasn't he?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Amac was injured at that time too, wasn't he?

No, he wasn't.

During Mason's first injury, Emery went 2-1, and Zepp was 1-0.

During his second injury, Emery went 1-3, and Zepp went 2-1.

MacDonald played in all those games.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Leafs are 5th worst by Points%, and they have imploded and are going to be sellers.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20152ALLSAAAll&sort=pointPctg&viewName=summary

Yeah, I'm just saying it's possible. The bottom 4 are entrenched, but the 5th spot isn't locked up quite yet. You never know, they could go on a mini win streak like all bad teams do from time to time.

Plus, they seem to be predetermined to do whatever upsets their fanbase, right now their fanbase wants losses for the rest of the year so that's not what they're gonna get. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad