Injury Report: Feb. 16: Steve Mason (knee surgery) could play Sat. (Feb. 28)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not unless Emery gets hurt. The Flyers don't have a back to back for two weeks.

Wow, i never could have seen THIS coming ...... oh, wait .....

Funny how you never said anything the past two weeks as he turned in one great performance after another, with plenty of rest and practice time in between games, without ever showing any kind of discomfort on the ice.

But as soon as he tweaks something you pretend you knew it was coming all along.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
Looks like his right knee to me. I wish there was angle showing Mason's feet, because I think his skate caught a rut in the ice and his foot went out a bit causing his knee to twist. As soon as it happened he bent his right leg. It could be a different ligament - so it might not, technically, be related.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Seemed like his back froze. I'm assuming similar to that incident a couple of months ago where his back went out at practice and he couldn't move. Could be wrong.

LexSea

Queen of the Couch
Mar 31, 2014
gunan miss you Mase.

but seriously take the spring/summer off plz.

lets pick it back up next training camp kk ?

Agreed. I'd rather Mason takes the time for his body to heal properly instead of him repeatedly being rushed back for the meaningless games we have left this season and being reinjured.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I honestly wouldn't mind shutting it down. But he's playing his best hockey EVER.

I would hate to interrupt that.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Funny how you never said anything the past two weeks ...

10 days before he re-injured his leg and yet again was carried off the ice:

still not sure i want Mason coming back vs AZ tonite, even in a backup role ....

was icing his knee after the game ...... still not out of the woods, yet in my view

1/29, when Mason said he felt great:
We can only hope

He should not return this season. Period. Any game he plays in this season there is a very high chance of seeing this again. He has not let himself get back to 100%. Twice a game he struggles to get up after a save. That has been obvious.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Mason was playing very well coming back from injury. I believe 3-0-1 with great numbers. This injury is unrelated to his back like Hexy said but keep thinking it's related to his other injury. Just a bad string of luck and injuries right now.

G Money

Oct 15, 2011
Sudbury
Agreed. I'd rather Mason takes the time for his body to heal properly instead of him repeatedly being rushed back for the meaningless games we have left this season and being reinjured.

maybe i am crazy but we kinda do this every year start slow and come on strong near the end of the year we are only 9 pts out with 29 games left

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hope he doesn't play

Why would you hope he doesn't play? I understand the feeling of not wanting him to be called up in the first place because you want to get his reps in at the AHL level, but if he's here, he might as well play a game or two (or more depending on how he's doing). Worst case scenario is he gets shelled. He's been shelled in the AHL and Juniors before, I think he'll be able to rebound.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
It's time to shut him down. It doesn't matter whether the injuries are related due to him moving unusually to compensate for pain, or if it's just plain bad luck. He needs to sit for awhile.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Stolarz getting in a gm and being with the big club shouldnt be a problem with the injuries might as well give the kid a go with the big club. And might show him what he needs to work on in his game.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but is it possible that he has some kind of sciatica discomfort? That can pop up out of nowhere and the pain usually shoots down one leg. I could be way off, but I saw nothing that indicated it would be his knee there.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So annoying that the fans have to engage in all this speculation about what exactly is the issue with Mason.....like we haven't suffered enough pain all these years with drama surrounding our goaltending.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but is it possible that he has some kind of sciatica discomfort? That can pop up out of nowhere and the pain usually shoots down one leg. I could be way off, but I saw nothing that indicated it would be his knee there.

I had sciatic nerve trouble for ~6 months the other year... only happened every ~10 days but it really is incapacitating for the first ~30seconds to a minute it happens. Just went away though and never had it since. Weird feeling.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
cant figure it out...is this the same injury reoccurring or what? is it his back is ****ed and his knees? and im totally for mason and our staff getting this figured out and actually healed up...however long that takes...this playing a handful of games and then seizing up over and over is bizarre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad