TV: Favorite Show that only lasted 1 season or less?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Came in here thinking Clone High, was reminded immediately of Firefly and Clerks: The Animated Series.

Those are good ones too. It didn't seem like Norm had enough material to keep the show going too long though. And Sad Bill Cosby is just a weird skit in retrospect :laugh:

With a break between seasons and the fact that sports take place year-round, I think he could have continued to put good shows together.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
@Osprey will not agree but that Muppet show on ABC was damn awesome before it was cancelled :(

Ok, that's a weird reference to me out of nowhere. You actually remember that I was critical of the show? That was what, a year and a half ago? Have you been bitter towards me ever since? :D

Reactions: G F O P

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Kid Nation

Freaks and Geeks

No Ordinary Family

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Firefly, BSG the original, Awake, Terra Nova, Jericho, all good ones. I'll add Forever, it stared Ioan Gruffudd and Judd Hirsch, was a little hokey but enjoyed it. I might be the only one but I really enjoyed That 80's show. The guy from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Chyler Leigh were good in it.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Galaxy High

Old 8os Saturday cartoon, only lasted for a partial season. Had Bart Simpson's voice (Nancy Cartwright) before she got big. Cool concept, where a reserved, female nerd & a jock from Earth are transferred to an intergalactic high school. Whole series in on DVD now..

Also V, the original tv series.. another one & done season.

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Son of Zorn

I liked Son of Zorn. Thought it was funny & unique.
Fox gave it a good foundation, premiering it right after football. So it would have a target audience delivered to it's time slot. But unfortunately only survived half-a-season..

I'm thinking Zorn could succeed on a cable network. Maybe with a more specific, niche audience. Like a Cartoon Network, or Spike TV (if that still exists). I think Fox's prime time audience was too broad for a macho cartoon.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Damn SyFy for cancelling Blood Drive, but I don't know if it could continue on after killing off one of the most entertaining characters I've seen in anything in a good long time.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Max Headroom
Frank's Place
Backstrom
Battle Creek
When Things Were Rotten
SportsNight (as mentioned before, 2 years, but it wasn't enough)

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Frank's Place

Adz, You're going deep with that one.. That was the show where Venus Flytrap ran a restaurant no (?)

Another show from late-8os era, that seems virtually forgotten is Tour of Duty. It ran longer than a single season, but I've never seen it rerun/syndicated. And I never hear it referenced. It was an interesting Vietnam War drama..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Adz, You're going deep with that one.. That was the show where Venus Flytrap ran a restaurant no (?)

Another show from late-8os era, that seems virtually forgotten is Tour of Duty. It ran longer than a single season, but I've never seen it rerun/syndicated. And I never hear it referenced. It was an interesting Vietnam War drama..
Yes, it was Venus Flytrap, aka Tim Reid. I loved that show. They showed it on BET for awhile and I watched it again (even that was probably a decade ago!) Memory wasn't playing tricks on me. It was a great show.

I remember the name Tour of Duty but don't guess I watched that one. That was during the time when I had 2 little kids running around depending on me for sustenance and safety and such things. It is available on Amazon and you might be able to find it or parts of it on youtube.

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Venus Flytrap, aka Tim Reid.

I remember the name Tour of Duty but don't guess I watched that one. That was during the time when I had 2 little kids running around depending on me for sustenance and safety.. It is available on Amazon and you might be able to find it or parts of it on youtube.

Adz, thanks for the heads-up. If u were a young parent during Frank's Place, u got a couple years on me. I was probably in the 8th/9th grade during it's run. I was one of those kids who would be outside all afternoon & then when the sun went down I'd post up in front of the TV all night. Watching any & everything.
I'm a Tim Reid fan, both the actor & human being. I remember him collaborating with his alma mater (Norfolk St), to do a lot of charity work. And besides Flytrap, I also dug him as Downtown Brown (San Diego cop on Simon & Simon). peace

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
For ones not mentioned yet:
The River - awesome scaryish TV show. Takes place on the Amazon river where a bunch of crazy things happen.
Carpoolers - Jerry O'Connell and a bunch of other guys in a carpool. TJ Millers first TV/movie work. Best scene is where he is doing an online job interview with no pants on.

Kind of 1 season show is The Loop. It was 2 seasons, but they re-tooled after season 1 and Season 2 was almost a different show with the same characters. Season 2 was the better of the two seasons. Comedy about a guy who wrote a thesis about airplanes in college and now he's starting his career as an airline exec. Bret Harrison, Philip Baker Hall, Eric Christianson Olson, Mimi Rogers in the cast.

For the 2 seasons that don't seem like 2 seasons... Reaper. Awesome show about a guy who makes a deal with the devil and now has to catch escaped souls from hell.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I (and 7 other people in the world) liked Roadies, on Showtime.

roadies-poster.jpg

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Another one I'll mention.. the 2002 Twilight Zone(s), hosted by Forrest Whitaker.

I didn't think Whitaker was a great host (& in his defense he had big shoes to fill, stepping in to Serling's place).. but the single season had a lot of good guest stars & writing. Korn's Jonathan Davis remixed the original Twilight Zone theme..

Brian Austin Green starred in a good episode about a (surreal) second chance to reconcile w/estranged family.

5a5a94d96d6b569b34e2a7f113fb3042--twilight-tv-series.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad