TV: Favorite Show that only lasted 1 season or less?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I have a bad memory, but that stupid show Uncle Buck from last season was pretty funny. I like Mike Epps, so...

I'll come back after I think of some.

edit:

Lucky Louie
Clerks The Animated Series (horrible as a TV series for the masses, but I liked it)

Last edited:

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Have only watched a couple shows that didn't make it to a second season, none that I got super attached to. If we were talking about shows that only got two seasons, then I'd have a couple good ones to add.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Wonderfalls.

Was the first show created by Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, Hannibal) and it's what introduced me to what I consider to be genius work across the board.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Definitely Freaks and Geeks. You come away from that single season feeling like you've experienced an entire childhood.

Hard to believe guys like Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jason Segel used to be capable of doing such great work compared to what they do now.

Last edited:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Off the top of my head:

Firefly
Battlestar Galactica (1978 series)
Automan
Terra Nova
Earth 2

and many more that are not coming to mind right now.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Definitely Freaks and Geeks. You come away from that single season feeling like you're experienced an entire childhood.

Hard to believe guys like Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jason Segel used to be capable of doing such great work compared to what they do now.

Yeah, they really suck now. What a bunch of has beens :shakehead

Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared are my answers. Andy Richter Controls The Universe was good too, but I think it may have lasted more than one season.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Thats not a disney cartoon or anime probably Carl Sagan Cosmos or Band of Brothers.

Unless mini-series don't count, in which case, probably Clone High or Undergrads.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Freaks and Geeks, and Clone High are great choices.

I have a bad memory, but that stupid show Uncle Buck from last season was pretty funny. I like Mike Epps, so...

edit:

Lucky Louie
Clerks The Animated Series (horrible as a TV series for the masses, but I liked it)

I'm so glad you mentioned the animated Clerks series. It was really good, but the network ****ing butchered it. If I remember correctly, it was to debut directly after the Super Bowl, but the Super Bowl went long, so the first episode was never actually aired. But the kicker was, the second episode of the series was a flashback episode. A hilarious concept for your second ever show, but since no one actually saw the first episode, it made no sense, and absolutely killed the show.

Reactions: iamjs

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell

edit:

Lucky Louie

Good calls. I actually never saw Clerks when it was on network TV (solid advertising), but I caught some of the episodes on I think it was Cartoon Network and enjoyed them.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
black-donnellys.jpg

Almost Human
The Black Donnellys
Clone High
Eerie, Indiana
Enlisted
Firefly
Freaks and Geeks
The Grinder
My So-Called Life
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Terra Nova
Terriers
Trophy Wife
Undeclared

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Highlander: The Raven - Always thought Amanda's Character was interesting.

Undergrads - A second season was under way but they couldn't find a network that would host it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad