FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I went to Brewery X to catch up with one of my friends and watch the game on a Sunday. We get there and they had the same football game on all the tvs so my friend asks one of the employees if they can put on the Ducks game and their reply was "Oh *I guess* since we're partnered with them". It was such an awkward reply.

That happens to me when I go to a NYC bar, When I ask for the Rangers game, and football or basketball are on the TV. Lol. But it’s more the patrons at the bar that get annoyed.

But a nice story, I was in Orlando FL, Downtown Disney, had my Ducks jersey on and was sitting at one of the bars, was trying to get the Ducks game on my phone though the ESPN app, the manager came over and said, hey the Ducks are playing? I can get the game for you on the big screen. That was the game they came back against Vegas but lost in a SO.

Reactions: duckaroosky

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the Balboa Peninsula. You can start at the Lido Marina Village (Shop & Eat — Lido Marina Village) and work your way further down the peninsula. I am partial to the Lido Bottle Shop at the marina village, where you can sit outside, harbor side. Once you go further down the peninsula there are a ton of places. https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Balboa+Peninsula+Restaurants&find_loc=Newport+Beach,+CA. I like Mama D's, but they do not take reservations and it can easily get crowded.

You also can try Balboa Island, but that is a bit touristy, and parking is definitely hit and miss. Or the Corona Del Mar area on Pacific Coast Highway ("PCH"). They are working on redoing PCH so traffic can be much more of a mess than usual, and the restaurants there tend to be okay, but not great. My favorite there for a fairly quick bite is Side Door, which is a more informal pub version of Five Crowns.

I live in Newport and getting to the games on a weeknight will easily take an hour during the rush hour, starting around 4 PM, no matter how you go. I would give myself 1 ½ hours to make the trip in order to be confident that you are not going to be sitting on the 55 Freeway, going very slowly and cursing the traffic when they drop the puck. The same route going home after the game will take about 20 - 25 minutes.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Question on arena
Kings game the website says no food or drinks at seats, but it isn’t enforced at the game. (At least in the cheap seats where I sit)
Is there any rule at Honda Center? I looked at website and didn’t find one.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Question on arena
Kings game the website says no food or drinks at seats, but it isn’t enforced at the game. (At least in the cheap seats where I sit)
Is there any rule at Honda Center? I looked at website and didn’t find one.
Orange County doesn't care about any rules, barely anyone wears a mask to the games and no one enforced it when they were supposed to.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Orange County doesn't care about any rules, barely anyone wears a mask to the games and no one enforced it when they were supposed to.
Thanks
I’m in south Orange County so I know most places don’t care. Taking the Duck Loving wife to a game for her birthday and just wanted to know if I had to sneak her pretzel to the seats:)

Reactions: bsu

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Is the store open in the morning on Sunday’s if there’s a game? I know they’re typically closed on Sunday’s.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Going to geek out a little here.. Does anyone know of any good Comic book stores in Orange County?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Going to geek out a little here.. Does anyone know of any good Comic book stores in Orange County?
Amazing Comics in Long Beach is the only one I know because I lived right by it.... Apparently theres one in Westminster

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So will be going to WonderCon on Saturday April 2nd, Kevin Eastman is going to be there am ecstatic right now.

Going to games against Edmonton and Calgary. If anyone is going to WonderCon or the games let me know can meet up before the games or at WonderCon.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Guys, been here 20+ years on this board, and excited to say that I'm going to the Honda Center for the first time to see Getz's last game. Me and my 13 year old are going to go.

I would love to stay at the best hotel near the Honda Center. Recommendations?
I'd stay in another city like Huntington beach or something.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Guys, been here 20+ years on this board, and excited to say that I'm going to the Honda Center for the first time to see Getz's last game. Me and my 13 year old are going to go.

I would love to stay at the best hotel near the Honda Center. Recommendations?

I just stayed at the Anaheim Marriott on Sat during WonderCon, I found it very affordable and a very nice clean upscale hotel. It’s a 4 star hotel, and It’s around 5-10 mins from Honda Center, depending on traffic/lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duck Off

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Hey HFDucks! Just wanted to pop in now that I'm back from my trip and really say how I much I enjoyed seeing the game last weekend at Honda Center! It's a beautiful building, and interacting with all the fans I met in section 222 were fantastic!

It will be different seeing the Ducks without Getzlaf in the upcoming years, so even as an outside fan it was nice to be there for the franchise to send him off! I already can't wait to get back for another game there sometime.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Anyone else hit up the equipment sale this morning? Some of the stuff I got were a new Hampus stick, couple signed Kariya lithographs, and a pair of shoes.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
If any of you guys are in college check out Orange Rush, just saw an ad. The ducks are giving out 8 200 level tickets for college students.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Has anyone gone to the high school Games at Great Park Ice? Are they fun? Do they charge? Thinking about going to some this year, there’s bunch of Saturday 2:10PM games, figure it’d be easier on my 3 year old with the time of the game and being able to walk around more.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Has anyone gone to the high school Games at Great Park Ice? Are they fun? Do they charge? Thinking about going to some this year, there’s bunch of Saturday 2:10PM games, figure it’d be easier on my 3 year old with the time of the game and being able to walk around more.
Not really lol elite level beer league is better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad