FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
I’m not sure if it’s been asked here before, but do the Ducks do some sort of stadium tour at all? Like your the stadium, locker rooms and other areas?

I would love to head to California next year for the home opener. I’ve toured the Cowboys stadium, but never knew if Anaheim did something like that
No tours. Only time you can see the locker room is during Faceoff Fest for season ticket holders.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Has anyone gone to the Biergarten in Honda Center before? I have access to it tonight, but there are no reservations available. Can you still get a table as a walk in? And what time would you recommend getting there?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Has anyone gone to the Biergarten in Honda Center before? I have access to it tonight, but there are no reservations available. Can you still get a table as a walk in? And what time would you recommend getting there?
Haven't been there but I've worked as one of the ticket takers for it and from what I can tell you should be fine without a reservation, especially with how this season's crowds have been. Best time is probably before the game.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Found a nice little area called Old Towne, with a cool circle of cafes and bars. Reminds me of a local town in my county. Was looking for a comic store Torpedo comics and came across this area. Believe it’s on Chapman Ave

I like to explore, makes me feel less of a tourist lol

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Found a nice little area called Old Towne, with a cool circle of cafes and bars. Reminds me of a local town in my county. Was looking for a comic store Torpedo comics and came across this area. Believe it’s on Chapman Ave

Lived in the city of Orange for most of my life until recently and there's a lot of great restaurants there, though until about 10 years ago it was mostly antique stores, and some but less restaurants which I kinda miss. A lot of great restaurants there though, Bosscat which is pretty new is great, if you're looking for something quicker, try The Taco Stand

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lived in the city of Orange for most of my life until recently and there's a lot of great restaurants there, though until about 10 years ago it was mostly antique stores, and some but less restaurants which I kinda miss. A lot of great restaurants there though, Bosscat which is pretty new is great, if you're looking for something quicker, try The Taco Stand

Yeah usually I see maybe one or two cafes in my neck of the woods. Here there were like 5 or 6 places. I usually go to Bodhi Leaf on Katella.

I have to tell you, I’m still adjusting to seeing the Ryan Strome banners on Katella.

Anyway going to be heading to Newport beach later today.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What do you guys recommend for buying tickets? What's the best reseller site and how far in advance is the sweet spot? My dad is visiting in January so I'd like to take him to a game, I took a quick look at stubhub, 714, seatgeek, etc. for the Coyotes game in late January and they're all around the same prices (mid-20s for upper bowl, 60ish at best for lower bowl). Don't mind paying that if that's what it's going to be, but if I can get a better deal particularly on better seats then I'd like to wait.

Do prices typically drop as it gets closer to game day? It is a Saturday night game but it's against Arizona so I'm sure it won't be a sellout or anything.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
What do you guys recommend for buying tickets? What's the best reseller site and how far in advance is the sweet spot? My dad is visiting in January so I'd like to take him to a game, I took a quick look at stubhub, 714, seatgeek, etc. for the Coyotes game in late January and they're all around the same prices (mid-20s for upper bowl, 60ish at best for lower bowl). Don't mind paying that if that's what it's going to be, but if I can get a better deal particularly on better seats then I'd like to wait.

Do prices typically drop as it gets closer to game day? It is a Saturday night game but it's against Arizona so I'm sure it won't be a sellout or anything.
I’d wait until a week before the game, or less. There will be plenty of tickets available, so you don’t have to worry about getting shut out. Either 714 or Stubhub should be fine with plenty of inventory.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
If you’re cheap, like me, go to Noble Ale Works before the game. Solid selection of beers and usually good food, there was one night where it was all vegan though. No offense, but like come one guys, so be sure to check their Instagram to avoid that nonsense. 15 minute walk to the stadium but free parking.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
After a long drought of not being able to get out for a game (think 4 years?), I’m finally going tomorrow! Bringing my wife, FIL, and my 3 year old.

Any tips?

How early should get there so my daughter can watch warm ups?

What sign should we make?

Bringing the iPad and headphones for the 3 year old. We’re also in the very last row, so if we have to stand or anything we’re not bothering people behind us.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
After a long drought of not being able to get out for a game (think 4 years?), I’m finally going tomorrow! Bringing my wife, FIL, and my 3 year old.

Any tips?

How early should get there so my daughter can watch warm ups?

What sign should we make?

Bringing the iPad and headphones for the 3 year old. We’re also in the very last row, so if we have to stand or anything we’re not bothering people behind us.
Been quite the drought for myself as well, but warmups usually start 45 minutes before puck drop IIRC. Hope you and your family have fun and enjoy the day!

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trying to get tickets for late March games, prices seem higher than normal. Have you guys noticed a trend? Maybe because one of the games is a Sat night? But it’s against the Blues.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Trying to get tickets for late March games, prices seem higher than normal. Have you guys noticed a trend? Maybe because one of the games is a Sat night? But it’s against the Blues.
ticket prices have been noticeably higher this season compared to the last few seasons, despite how bad the team is. i guess inflation has hit the ducks too?

main reason why i've yet to attend a game this season. no way i'm paying $25+ a seat plus fees to watch this shitshow

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
ticket prices have been noticeably higher this season compared to the last few seasons, despite how bad the team is. i guess inflation has hit the ducks too?

main reason why i've yet to attend a game this season. no way i'm paying $25+ a seat plus fees to watch this shitshow

I mean they have looked good the last several games. lol. Obviously I'm coming into town for other things like Wondercon, but I like to get in about 5 to 6 Ducks games a year if I can. Coming from NY, that's not easy. lol.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Facts

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

My guess is it has to do with OCVibe getting approved

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I got an invite to an Orange Alliance Open house for season ticket holders? Appreciate the invite but I'm a tad far from the arena for season tickets. lol.

Reactions: jiggsawpuzzle35

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You don’t want to join. The perks are getting worse.

Season ticket holder sounds cool, and would think it's much cheaper than my 10-game Rangers package I usually get. But I only go to Anaheim twice a year, and try to catch 4 to 5 games. So doesn't pay to even buy a partial plan.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Did any of you have impact club access this season, and if so, what did you think? Seems really cool and I've yet to get a chance to check it out myself, I covered someone's break operating the special impact club elevator that wasn't even open for half the games last year one time, but that's all I've seen. Sometimes people would bring me candy from there though which I appreciated lol. How much extra is it to your season ticket package?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

It's too bad you didn't get to see Watson's Drug Store before they sold out (2015) and it got a total makeover. But now, the new Watson's closed up too. The old shop was really cool. It was used in TV and movies. When you walked in you thought you were in Mayberry.

o4djs0-b88661307z.120160320223823000gcffdl8q.20.jpg

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Season ticket holder sounds cool, and would think it's much cheaper than my 10-game Rangers package I usually get. But I only go to Anaheim twice a year, and try to catch 4 to 5 games. So doesn't pay to even buy a partial plan.
The perk of mini plans is you will get access playoff tickets once they make it again. Yeah Rangers tickets are expensive. I think I paid something like $127 for nosebleeds behind the goal.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations in regards to finding housing in the Anaheim (and surrounding area) that would be reputable.

I'm expecting to be moving into the area in the near future for school (Long Beach). My original plan was to make a trip out prior to doing so in order to look at places in person to ensure I had a legitimate place before getting there, but it appears that I will not be able to make the trip out any more.

Some options have been posing issues while looking include being an international student (from Canada) and thus not having US credit scores or current income (despite needing to show I have the funds to live to get a student visa and into the country). As well as some listing looking quite a bit more sketchy.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations in regards to finding housing in the Anaheim (and surrounding area) that would be reputable.

I'm expecting to be moving into the area in the near future for school (Long Beach). My original plan was to make a trip out prior to doing so in order to look at places in person to ensure I had a legitimate place before getting there, but it appears that I will not be able to make the trip out any more.

Some options have been posing issues while looking include being an international student (from Canada) and thus not having US credit scores or current income (despite needing to show I have the funds to live to get a student visa and into the country). As well as some listing looking quite a bit more sketchy.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.
Are you looking to rent a place by yourself or looking for a room to rent? Are there any resources through the school you could utilize like campus housing?

I did the opposite of you. I moved to Canada for school without being able to see places before hand and not having income verification or a SIN. And that was very scary, I was lucky to find a room for rent near campus and the landlord was understanding about me being an international student so I moved in without even technically paying the deposit because I didn't have a Canadian bank account. I can't even imagine a landlord in Southern California extending that same courtesy.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Are you looking to rent a place by yourself or looking for a room to rent? Are there any resources through the school you could utilize like campus housing?

I did the opposite of you. I moved to Canada for school without being able to see places before hand and not having income verification or a SIN. And that was very scary, I was lucky to find a room for rent near campus and the landlord was understanding about me being an international student so I moved in without even technically paying the deposit because I didn't have a Canadian bank account. I can't even imagine a landlord in Southern California extending that same courtesy.

I was originally looking at renting my own place, but more recently have shifted the search to include private rooms in places as well. I kind of lucked out in regards to roommates when I did my undergraduate but some friends ended up in horror situations, so ideally I'd minimize the chance of that while I focus on my Master's.

From what I've been able to gather so far the resources are rather limited. There were a couple options provided, including the dorm housing, but mostly limited capacity and a lot are already filled as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00